Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about real kids?

Default How do you feel about real kids?

It's no secret that most of us here at ADISC fantasize about the idea of being a baby/little kid. That's something pretty much all AB's have in common. However, I've learned from talking to other AB/DL's, that dreaming of being a little kid has nothing to do with how you feel about real kids. So I'm wondering, how do all of you feel about baby's and little kids? Do you enjoy being around them, or interacting with them? Do you like them in general? Any input would be great!

Now to answer my own question: Personally, I absolutely love kids. I actually plan to start working with young kids after college. I love talking to them, playing with them, and just looking out for them. They just seem to like me for who I am more than adults do. There's no social pressure with kids. It's hard to explain. It's weird because I used to just find them irritating.

It entirely depends on the kid.

I do a lot of work around my kids grade school and there are those that are real cute, those that are real friendly, those that are very shy, and those that are flaming pains in the .....

I do not mind being around kids as long as I have an escape route. I have a very hard time with loud noises, and chaperoning a field trip the bus ride can be torture.

The only time I get any kind of emotional feeling is when someone is changing a diaper and then I wish I could get someone to do that to me.

Most kids are great, in my experience. I'd love to have kids myself, but alas, that biologically can't happen.

I find most kids are more intelligent than a lot of people give them credit for. They are every bit people, which I think even their parents sometimes forget. That said, I don't care one way or another to be around them. They're in a different stage of life, so I'm not likely to have a long conversation with them about my experiences, *and* I have to be careful not to swear around them. So, all in all, no feelings. Adults are more fun to talk to, though kids laugh better at silly jokes.

soggyboy

I like kids. In fact, I used to be one!

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    It entirely depends on the kid.

I do a lot of work around my kids grade school and there are those that are real cute, those that are real friendly, those that are very shy, and those that are flaming pains in the .....

I do not mind being around kids as long as I have an escape route. I have a very hard time with loud noises, and chaperoning a field trip the bus ride can be torture.

The only time I get any kind of emotional feeling is when someone is changing a diaper and then I wish I could get someone to do that to me.
    Yeah, I should've mentioned, I don't love ALL kids. Plenty of them are total brats, but I generally blame the parents for that. I also don't really care for groups of children. That can get painfully annoying. I'm way better dealing with kids one on one. Regarding the emotional side, I really enjoy the way young kids can be so affectionate. I'm usually really uncomfortable showing affection, but it's so easy with kids. There are no strings attached, and it's just not a big deal. I also do get pretty jealous of when I'm around kids that are still in diapers lol

I like kids. Not enough to have my own but kids get me in a way that adults do not.

On the other hand they can be very annoying after a while. So I guess I would say that I like them in small doses.

Little kids are okay, but once they hit their teens they're the most annoying little brats in the world! But I like them. They're innocent and cute.

Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    Yeah, I should've mentioned, I don't love ALL kids. Plenty of them are total brats, but I generally blame the parents for that. I also don't really care for groups of children. That can get painfully annoying. I'm way better dealing with kids one on one. Regarding the emotional side, I really enjoy the way young kids can be so affectionate. I'm usually really uncomfortable showing affection, but it's so easy with kids. There are no strings attached, and it's just not a big deal. I also do get pretty jealous of when I'm around kids that are still in diapers lol
    I generally get to volunteer pretty close to one-on-one with kids. So it's easy sometimes to really make a connection, even with kids that aren't so adept at doing that themselves. (think autism). I get plenty of hugs, which is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Nowadays I like to pass schoolyards or playgrounds just to see the kids run around shouting and playing.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a good idea. Look, I'm sure you're completely harmless. But someone might just notice, and take it the wrong way.

There are plenty of, shall we say, kosher ways to get to see kids shouting and playing. Ways that involve background checks.

I like being around kids, and doing things with them, like reading to them, playing games, talking to them. Being around kids is fun for me, before I started my new job I would go from subbing elementary school all day to helping out with children's ministry activities at my church on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I want to get to know the kids at my church better, so in January I am going to start helping out with the children's choir at my church, it'll also give me a reason to drive the 42+ miles to church every Sunday. One day I hope to adopt kids since I can't have kids of my own due to a genetic condition.