Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think "Vanillas" have to hide?

Default What do you think "Vanillas" have to hide?

A big part of ABDL for most of us is hiding it - finding a place to stash diapers, bottles, pacifiers, etc. I was just thinking, we talk about our ABDL issues with hiding it; what do you think vanillas (non-ABDL's) have to hide similarly to us? It makes me think about a sleepover, for example, where you tell your deepest, darkest secret, and we all think that ours is the most shocking and we must hide it more than anyone else must hide anything. But is this just fear and self consciousness? Let me know what you think.

"Shower Thoughts"-
    Luvtowearpampers

I once new a girl who thought it was totally wild that she farted openly when no one was around. I told her I did not ever want to know what it would be like to live that exciting of a life lol

Personally though after going on a date with a guy who admitted that he liked it when people farted on him, yes I know there's a theme here I don't think that vanilla exists, I think we're all varying shades of weird and trying to hide our weirdness from slightly less weird people.

I imagine most 'Vanillas' don't have too much they feel they need to hide sexually, though they're no less likely to have things they want to be discreet about in non-sexual aspects of their life. There's also the fact that people with fewer kinks are going to consider some pretty mainstream sexual desires as being kinky, and thus might try and be discreet about things which to us might seem Vanilla, but to them, might seem to be unusual or even embarrassing urges.

I have no idea what it's like to be Vanilla, as ABDL is certainly not my only unconventional interest. But there are things about my life I'm discreet about which aren't affected at all by ABDL or my sexuality as a whole - they're things I'd have experienced and treated just the same even if I didn't like wearing pacis and cuddling plushies.

If vanilla means being hetero/homosexual with no fetishes then their darkest secrets probably involve affairs or desires to have an affair.

I'm with Penny, I don't think there are any true vanillas (not vanilla as in non-ABDL but vanilla as in no fetishes or kinks). The ones who do exist probably are vanilla out of fear of some kind of social/divine backlash. But everyone's got their thing whether they admit it/think they do or not. My gf was super uptight about hers even after I told her about my DL and crossdressing stuff, but eventually opened up about bondage stuff, but it was still a while until she opened up about how much bondage she likes and also how she likes being choked (cant remember what -philia that is). But yeah, just an example of how someone who says they're vanilla isn't really =P

Vanillas hide little things like murder, rape, stealing, etc. Oh....suddenly I don't feel so weird.

dirty magazines, sex toys, sexual orientation, internet history, stuff related to sex mostly.
    but that is of the relatively normal people. the not so normal would hide illegal stuff.

Persons with "plain vanilla" sexual interests are those whose interests are commonly accepted by most people in "mainstream" society, for example: - lingerie styles that are sold in major department stores, cologne, corsets, high heals, boots, or leather couches. - The attraction isn't any different for baby pants, baby powder, and bibs.

People who are vanilla and don't have anything sexual to hide still have plenty of stuff to hide, ranging from crimes they may have committed in the past, affairs they may have had, lies they may have told to a loved one, and any other non-sexual secrets that people have.

Quote Originally Posted by kikee View Post
    Persons with "plain vanilla" sexual interests are those whose interests are commonly accepted by most people in "mainstream" society, for example: - lingerie styles that are sold in major department stores, cologne, corsets, high heals, boots, or leather couches. - The attraction isn't any different for baby pants, baby powder, and bibs.
    That is a really good way to put it. Just because it's almost universally accepted doesn't mean it's not a kink, just a really common one