Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cloth diapers

Default cloth diapers

hey guys so when i can I'm gonna try to buy cloth diapers I'm thinking the angel ones on ebay they're kinda cheap and i want an all in one any recommendations ? but also i wanted to know, i live with my parents so i dont wanna get caught with a dirty cloth diaper in the washing machine and I'm usually never home alone so is there any way you can wash cloth diapers by hand ? like in a bucket or sink or hose or whatever ? any helps is appreciated thanks

You can technically wash them in the shower, but that's realistically only good for pee soaked ones. Cloth diapers dry very slowly, unless you stick them in a dryer. You'll also need to invest in plastic pants, which do wear out and require their own separate care.

You can use bath towels then just need plastic pants you want 6mil babykins sells those.
    The shipping adress say's BKN
    You can get blanket safety pins jo ann's fabricks.
    Then your just using and washing a bath towel safer for you
    Plastic pants hand wash in shower then dry by place in a towel fold towel over top of pants.
    Blot dry then turn plastic pants inside out repeat that will dry them mostly out.
    Hope this helps

well i wouldn't mess a cloth diaper i rarely even mess disposable ones but if i can wash pee soaked cloth diapers in the shower ill definitely buy which do you guys recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by lollol001 View Post
    well i wouldn't mess a cloth diaper i rarely even mess disposable ones but if i can wash pee soaked cloth diapers in the shower ill definitely buy which do you guys recommend ?
    You can rinse out your pee soaked AIO's in the shower, but you need to use a detergent also.
    I rinse my AIO's in the sink and then soak them for 3 hours in my pail. I use Arm&Hammer with Oxi Clean and water to soak them.
    I then rinse them in the shower to get the detergent out. You can figure 24 hrs. if you air dry them to be dry.
    If you live with your parents that could be a problem laundering them and drying them.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    You can rinse out your pee soaked AIO's in the shower, but you need to use a detergent also.
    I rinse my AIO's in the sink and then soak them for 3 hours in my pail. I use Arm&Hammer with Oxi Clean and water to soak them.
    I then rinse them in the shower to get the detergent out. You can figure 24 hrs. if you air dry them to be dry.
    If you live with your parents that could be a problem laundering them and drying them.

well i do live with my parents but i could wash them while i take a shower and other periods of the day and as for drying them i can dry them while they're at work outside or in my washing machine

What foxkits suggests is a very safe option. These do work very well. And as others have said, AIOs do take ages to dry. So more chance of getting caught. If you want to add cuteness, there are some very sweet plastic pants.

Well like most everyone has said cloths do take ages to dry even when you use the dryer sometimes they still take awhile.So since you still live with your parents and you said you aren't alone much foxkits suggestion would probably be your best bet because there would be virtually no evidence of what your doing;because I still live my parents too and even though I'm alone a good bit I still have trouble keeping my AIO clean and hidden

wearing a bath towel is out of the question haha id rather keep buying my disposables but I've decided i will buy an AIO i looked at the dependco website that ole man recommended and they look awesome so ill buy one of those but i have one question how does the shipping come do they come in a big box? do you have to sign for them ? are they discreet ? that was has me worried for the most part so all help is appreciated thank you guys

- - - Updated - - -

also should i get the AIO AB cotton or flannel or PUL ? still dont really know the differences very well which are best ? I'm thinking on getting cotton but i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by lollol001 View Post
    wearing a bath towel is out of the question haha id rather keep buying my disposables but I've decided i will buy an AIO i looked at the dependco website that ole man recommended and they look awesome so ill buy one of those but i have one question how does the shipping come do they come in a big box? do you have to sign for them ? are they discreet ? that was has me worried for the most part so all help is appreciated thank you guys

- - - Updated - - -

also should i get the AIO AB cotton or flannel or PUL ? still dont really know the differences very well which are best ? I'm thinking on getting cotton but i dont know
    When I got one AIO and a booster from dependeco, it came in a USPS envelope (via USPS) left in my mailbox. It is pretty bulky, it will probably just seem like a clothing item. Also, it was double enveloped, not sure if that was intentional but I imagine it would help reduce the risk of ripping.

The different between the cotton flannel and pull is just the most outer material outside the PUL layer (though I am assuming the PUL outer probably is the only PUL layer). I honestly just went with the design I liked best to choose between the three.