Snuggies Waddler Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The Snuggies Waddler is the new and heavily-publicized printed ABDL diaper from snuggiesdiapers.com. A preview version was sold at the 2014 Folsom Street Fair and the first regular run, which is stated to make some improvements, has just been released.

I am reviewing the medium size Snuggies Waddler as shipped in December 2014 to pre-orders. The medium size is listed as fitting waist sizes of 30"-36" and the large size is listed as fitting 36"-54". The capacity is advertised as holding 67 oz or 2,000 mL, but it is not stated whether this corresponds to the capacity of the medium or large Waddler.

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Snuggies Waddler has an all-over print, with babyish icons on a centered white background between a wave pattern, green cross-hatch patterning on the sides and wings. The landing zone is transparent with a pattern of icons and the Snuggies logo printed on it. It is very similar in design to prints on modern baby diapers.

264-1-FrontFolded.jpg

264-2-BackFolded.jpg

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 7.1 cm (2.9 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 2.4 cm (1.0 in). They are noticeably thinner to the eye and when held as compared to typical "premium" adult diapers.

The landing zone is placed unusually low from the top of the diaper. There's about 5 cm (2 in) from the top of the landing zone to the top of the waistband.

264-3-stacked.jpg

3 Diapers Stacked

Snuggies Waddlers use the conventional double tape design seen on most adult diapers. The tapes have a blue tip without adhesive to pull on and are a bit wider than most diaper tapes. I found that they stick about as well to the landing zone as tapes on other diapers which use plastic landing zones, but they are a bit nicer in that the wider tapes seem more resistant to slippage.

264-4-tapes.jpg

The Tapes

The outside of the diaper uses a very thin-feeling plastic cover that feels rough to the touch. It is thinner and more pliable than the backing of most adult diapers which I have tried. It does not crinkle particularly loudly as the diaper is unfolded. If not for the ABDL print, the degree to which the diaper feels thin when dry and relative lack of noise could lead one to assume that the diaper was designed to be discrete.

The inside of the diaper has a blue-colored core surrounded by white, and the padding is arranged in an hourglass shape. The padding is feels very soft, with a dry, cottony feel to it. The diaper has what seem like tall and especially stretchy standing leak guards; I found it difficult to get the diaper well-stretched out for the measurements and pictures. It has an elastic waistband both the front and back.

264-5-outside.jpg

264-6-inside.jpg

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 72 cm (28.6 in) in length, 59 cm (23.2 in) in width at the wings, 31 cm (12.2 in) in width at the center, and 20 cm (7.9 in) in width between the leak guards.

264-7-length.jpg

264-8-widthwing.jpg

264-9-widthcenter.jpg

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting. After 1000 mL of water, I noticed wetness around the leg cuffs. At 1200 mL of water, the diaper began to leak on my chair, and I ended the test.

This measurement was substantially lower than the advertised capacity, though again, the website did not specify if that capacity was intended to apply to the medium size.

The diaper swelled really noticeably within just the first few 100 mL increments. It was very apparent during this test that the diaper was swelling much more than adult diapers typically do. I then took off the full diaper and folded it back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 9.5 cm (3.7 in), more than 3.5x its original size.

It's worth repeating this for emphasis: this diaper is really something special when it comes to swelling. There are not many diapers which we have reviewed that approach that wet thickness, and those that do had a lot more liquid in them by the end of the test than the Snuggies Waddler did. The diaper no longer feels any thinner than other diapers after just a small amount of wetting, and feels thicker in the middle of its use than many do when they are full.

264-10-heightfull.jpg

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I then put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 4 hours, during which time I had about 1 large wetting and some minor wettings, but did not flood it. I did not feel like there was a very wide tipping point with this diaper when it was full – once the front was full, a minor wetting was enough to swell up most of the bottom the diaper and cause it fail immediately. I decided to wear another diaper afterwards, and it lasted comparably long, with many minor wettings.

With a 36" waist, I am at the top of the listed size range for the medium. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands and found the medium size Waddler fit me very well, with the tapes reaching similar distances across the diaper. Given how stretchy this diaper is, I am a bit surprised that the listed range for the medium is as narrow as it is; I would think after this test that a large would have been huge on me. The top of the diaper feels like it comes up high enough, though with the large distance between the top of the landing zone and the waistband and the flexibility of the cover, the top part of it tends to scrunch down.

The tapes stuck okay. One of the lower tapes started to pull and come undone after the area underneath it has stretched quite a bit from expansion of the diaper. I tried re-taping it, but like a lot of diaper tapes, these ones do not seem to stick particularly well if re-taped. I didn’t have this problem on the second diaper, though I did notice that one of the bottom tapes was bowing out in the center towards the end of its use.

The plastic is fairly quiet, especially under clothing. There is always audible crinkling with any plastic-backed diaper, but Waddler is not especially noisy.

Price and Final Thoughts

This section was updated to reflect a large price cut in May 2015 which substantially changed the conclusion.

These diapers are now available from snuggiesdiapers.com at the case size for 95.00 USD, with 80 diapers per case, or at the half-case size for $55. They can also be bought by the individual pack at $25 for the first pack and $15 each thereafter. Shipping is free to the US with any purchase of at least two packs total, including packs of different models of diaper. At the per case price, this works out to $1.19/diaper.

This makes the Snuggies Waddler the cheapest printed ABDL diaper on the market, meaningfully cheaper than other options including the regular Bambino diapers, which have been the benchmark for most of the past decade. In fact, it's a cheaper price than typical "premium" non-ABDL diapers; it's priced more like an Abena M3 than an M4.

This is a big deal. While my testing did not show it to have capacity comparable to a typical "premium" adult diaper, it's a still very much a functional and well-designed diaper. At its price point, it offers a very reasonable value just on its merits as a functional diaper alone.

Moreover, it has other features that many ABDLs who like babyish will be fond of. It has a very realistic baby diaper print which is arguably the most true to form print on the market today; there seems like there was a lot more thought put into this print than on many of the other ABDL printed diapers currently on the market. The wide tapes are a great feature, and other than being undermined by how much the diaper expands, I felt like they held very well. They swell more and more quickly than any other adult diaper that I have tried, save for their newer higher-capacity Snuggies brethren.

When Snuggies first released these to great fanfare in 2014, I felt that the diaper had an impressively thoughtful design, but that they were disappointing functionally at their much higher initial price point. The price was slashed by about 1/3 at the same time in 2015 as the Snuggies Waddler Overnight and S. Ex were released. Much focus has been on the shiny new products, but I honestly think the price cut on the original product is just as significant and disruptive. This diaper now has a strong claim to being the best value ABDL diaper on the market.

Last edited:
That's what I call a review!

Thanks you so much Fruitkitty! I will received mine by the end of the year, long way from California!

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Well written review, I would like to add a few things to it.

For one I would be interested to know how the diaper was placed or set when you did your test and said it leaked at around 1200ml. I have done this a few times and always managed to get up to and past the 67oz before having any issues, more just an interest in how it was done so it can be addressed. Though I would also point out that 1200ml of liquid is 40oz or 1.2 L. The normal human bladder is about 400-600ml well under half of that. So generally speaking anyone wearing the diaper would not pee 1200ml at any one given time and should be under that amount in any given wetting. You said that you stopped after that but said that it was pooling just before that. The diaper has the capacity to absorb 67oz or 2000ml, but not necessarily in an instant. If the liquid was poured into the same place for the entire test, which would be normal for wearing, but did not allow for the wicking process to work completely it would puddle and possibly leak. We are however looking at faster absorbing SAP options for future runs and products as well as adding additional fills.

We are considering adjusting the fitting size on the bags for the next run. We have had some feedback on that and you are correct that people with a 36 and even a 38 inch waist can still wear our product. Sometimes it is a personal preference at 38" as to if they want a medium or a large. We are still listening to feed back to best represent the sizing of our product. We are also going to start selling samples, M/M - M/L - L/L packs so people who want to try the size or diaper can do so without having to buy an entire pack. We have chosen to wait to start selling sample packs so that we could focus on fulfilling all of the pre orders first and build an inventory of samples so that we could just take a box off the shelf rather than try to build them as the order came in.

I must point out one error in your review though. The pricing is incorrect and lacking full detail. There is not a sliding scale and the 4 pack comment is wrong. The price is $25 for the first bag and $15 for each additional, always has been. $1.90 is true only at a certain point and with shipping costs; trust me you wont want to include that in your cost. Comparing a less than a case price to other brands without specifying if they are also at a less than a case price or quantity of diapers can be misleading. If you ordered a full case for example, 8 bags, they are $1.63 before any applicable shipping cost that might be there; thats a hint. If you buy more than a case at a time the price goes down even farther, 2 cases would be $250 which makes the diapers $1.56 each. While I can already hear people saying "who does that?!" I can say surprisingly a lot more people that you might think.

Please know that I am not trying to cause an argument or anything like that but do wish to add additional input to the review. We always accept feedback and look to improve our product as well as using the input to apply to our next products.

todaler said:
Well written review, I would like to add a few things to it.

For one I would be interested to know how the diaper was placed or set when you did your test and said it leaked at around 1200ml. I have done this a few times and always managed to get up to and past the 67oz before having any issues, more just an interest in how it was done so it can be addressed. Though I would also point out that 1200ml of liquid is 40oz or 1.2 L. The normal human bladder is about 400-600ml well under half of that. So generally speaking anyone wearing the diaper would not pee 1200ml at any one given time and should be under that amount in any given wetting. You said that you stopped after that but said that it was pooling just before that. The diaper has the capacity to absorb 67oz or 2000ml, but not necessarily in an instant. If the liquid was poured into the same place for the entire test, which would be normal for wearing, but did not allow for the wicking process to work completely it would puddle and possibly leak. We are however looking at faster absorbing SAP options for future runs and products as well as adding additional fills.

The test involves using measured quantities of 100 mL at a time once every 30 seconds, poured down the front, then sitting while waiting for the next 30 seconds. The intent is to measure when the diaper would fail under a typical real world use case. It is not necessarily intended to replicate the highest amount of liquid that could possibly ever fit into a diaper.

This is the same test that we require of all reviews since we moved to a standardized review format 1.5 years ago (a couple of legacy reviews do not).

In my experience, this test is, if anything, a bit generous to the diaper. They tend to get unusually good usage out of the padding in front and middle compared to when I wear and use the diaper normally. Given just how full the diaper seemed to be in the front and middle by the time I took it off and measured its wet thickness, I can't imagine I was going to get 50% more liquid in there before it failed.

todaler said:
I must point out one error in your review though. The pricing is incorrect and lacking full detail. There is not a sliding scale and the 4 pack comment is wrong. The price is $25 for the first bag and $15 for each additional, always has been. $1.90 is true only at a certain point and with shipping costs; trust me you wont want to include that in your cost. Comparing a less than a case price to other brands without specifying if they are also at a less than a case price or quantity of diapers can be misleading. If you ordered a full case for example, 8 bags, they are $1.63 before any applicable shipping cost that might be there; thats a hint. If you buy more than a case at a time the price goes down even farther, 2 cases would be $250 which makes the diapers $1.56 each. While I can already hear people saying "who does that?!" I can say surprisingly a lot more people that you might think.

This is my bad on the per pack price, and I've made a correction.

I listed the price that I paid and specified how many I bought, not necessarily the lowest price per diaper possible if one had ordered in even more bulk. I don't think it's unreasonable given that 50 diapers is fairly typical comparison and the price per diaper doesn't differ overly wildly by buying just a bit more. Nonetheless, I have now added a line to specify what the price would have been if a whole case was purchased.

I do include the cost of shipping in my per diaper pricing, which raises it a bit, but not all that much. This, I feel, is part of an apples-to-apples comparison, as many of the largest suppliers, such as XP medical and Bambino, include shipping into the headline price (and then advertise "free" shipping).

todaler said:
Please know that I am not trying to cause an argument or anything like that but do wish to add additional input to the review. We always accept feedback and look to improve our product as well as using the input to apply to our next products.

Thank-you for the respectful feedback. I hope you feel the review was pretty fair overall. I'm always excited to see new entrants into the market for ABDL diapers, and Snuggies are, to my mind, the most exciting new entry in many years.

tryed to buy some but cant :/ ahh well ill wait till feb

This is not entirely connected to the subject of these Snuggies diaper but apart from some cloth-style-backed Depends (instantly disappointing to me but because of the cloth-style-backing only) I'm sad to report I've never worn a really good adult nappy with an elasticated front waistband...:sad:

NEway a very well laid-out revu (must do one for a brand I've tried featuring alot of deets!), nice to see Snuggies making diapers instead of staging photoshoots and if these crop up on SaveExpress (the MyDiaper brand already has) I may get thse. Blated xmas wishes - bringmesunshine...or as I lke 2 B knwn at ths tme of yr coz I'm a wisher for it - Bringmesnowplease (!)

These look incredible, I think I will have to get a pack of these soon. To anybody who has bought them how long does the shipping take?

Nice review great job! :thumbsup:

£140 delivery for uk????? omg!!!!

Just popped my first one on before running out. My initial impressions. The clear plastic strip does not look very good once the diaper is on, it looks like an after thought. I would just assume not have it. Pattern is light colored, I think now I might like brighter designs. In some ways the diaper is smaller, but the bulge in my pants is very similar to ABU diapers. Due to the wide rear wings and extra material in other locations. Still not a fan of 4 tapes over 2. Could not re-do these and its easier to get one tape correct with practice. 4 would be better for adjustments if they could be re-used.

So far the thing that strikes me is comfort. Less bulk between the legs and wider rear wings so far feels very comfortable. I find ABU diapers, Bambino and others get very old sitting for awhile. These feel like I could sit forever!

Eh, diapers are diapers. As long as they aren't Depends, I don't really care about design and all that garbage. I wear diapers for functional purposes, not to feel babyish. Being babyish is definitely a secondary thing for me.

Interesting day, still wearing at the end of the day, flooded a TON and its held, feels wet, but even sitting down it does not leak. It REALLY does bunch up forward causing a good bulge, but people really dont notice. And its a straight bulge, and interferes less with walking then a wider bulge. But I really think this diaper feels more comfortable soaking wet then others, including sitting down. Normally an ABU diaper would be VERY uncomfortable and lumpy sitting down, but this diaper is perfectly comfortable. Would be a great driving diaper. Not all I was expecting...It REALLY does feel different from other diapers.

Pulluplover said:
Interesting day, still wearing at the end of the day, flooded a TON and its held, feels wet, but even sitting down it does not leak. It REALLY does bunch up forward causing a good bulge, but people really dont notice. And its a straight bulge, and interferes less with walking then a wider bulge. But I really think this diaper feels more comfortable soaking wet then others, including sitting down. Normally an ABU diaper would be VERY uncomfortable and lumpy sitting down, but this diaper is perfectly comfortable. Would be a great driving diaper. Not all I was expecting...It REALLY does feel different from other diapers.
I said once and I'll say it again. Diapers are diapers.

Not to many DL who are not into granny panties. Designs are important. I dont regress, but designs are a part of the lifestyle to me. And performance is important.

BTW next wetting was too much....So certainly less capacity then ABU, but reasonable for the comfort.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of more things. The weird tape looks better wet and bulging. Going test one sleeping tonight...

Diapers are not panties. Learn the difference. Jeez.

I'm not talking about panties.

Last edited by a moderator:
CrinklesTheBunny said:
Eh, diapers are diapers. As long as they aren't Depends, I don't really care about design and all that garbage. I wear diapers for functional purposes, not to feel babyish. Being babyish is definitely a secondary thing for me.

According to your profile, your favorite diaper is Aww So Cute -- for functional, non-babyish reasons, I'm sure. ;->

Just checking.

CrinklesTheBunny said:
I said once and I'll say it again. Diapers are diapers.

Cottontail said:

The amazing triple dot scene...get's ya everytime haha!

Cottontail said:
According to your profile, your favorite diaper is Aww So Cute -- for functional, non-babyish reasons, I'm sure. ;->

Just checking.

Actually yes. They're very absorbent. Enough said. Moving on.

Great review thank you!

Amazingly these are available here in Australia reasonably priced for such an exclusive diaper.

I was pleasantly surprised at the swelling and absorption but opted to use a booster pad overnight and never had any leaks.

I understand a night time version is coming to compliment the waddlers.

Back