Thread: Rockstar Games inhouse bands (Marydancin, Cloud Nineteen, Da Shootaz, Boys 2 Men, etc)

Cool Rockstar Games inhouse bands (Marydancin, Cloud Nineteen, Da Shootaz, Boys 2 Men, etc)

Does anyone else remember when grand theft auto had its own soundtrack filled with custom music made for the game, that was awesome! For example, the first GTA had its own custom techno theme, Joyride- Da Shootaz, it sounded like it was straight from the radio, but it was made specifically for the game, quite odd if you ask me. Then when GTA 3 rolled around, we got ALOT of pop music since it was 2001, but it sounded like it was actual music by actual musicians, it was one of the best GTA soundtracks in my opinion, Am I the only one who remembers this?

Indeed, I always liked the radio feature of the GTA games. I loved just driving around in GTA Vice City listening to the radio. It didn't have much as far as custom music goes, but they did record a fair bit of original material for the DJs. The fake ads were also pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Indeed, I always liked the radio feature of the GTA games. I loved just driving around in GTA Vice City listening to the radio. It didn't have much as far as custom music goes, but they did record a fair bit of original material for the DJs. The fake ads were also pretty good.
    Vice city had a GREAT SOUNDTRACK, and there were actually 2 original songs on V-Rock (I think) by the band "LoveFist", one of which was entitled "Fist Fury" and the other one I can't remember, but they were awesome. The DJ's were actually some of the best cherecters for returning players, you got an insight into their glory days, Toni in particular, in Vice City (1986), she is a teenaged vally girl, but in GTA III, she is a mentaly unstable adult, it was pretty crazy to see her that way. The commercials were great and really captured the 80's culture in humorous, innuando filled, ads, just listen to the donut ad without thinking of it in very "different" ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Traemo View Post
    Boyz 2 Men is an actual group - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyz_II_Men
    Yeah, I realized that after I posted this, the group from GTA III was called "Boyz 2 Girlz", here's their song from the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNYZeNffg58.

I always loved the radio feature, BTW did you know GTA3 was developed in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyninjaW438 View Post
    I always loved the radio feature, BTW did you know GTA3 was developed in Scotland.
    Yes, I was aware, that's why a lot of people in the game have a scottish accent.

Poor Lazlow. he is in every GTA Game i have Played but in the New GTA 5 he is so Abused But they Finally made Him from just a Radio Voice to an actual Charecter with a Face.