Thread: Moo-rry Christmas

Talking Moo-rry Christmas

First I want to express a big and heart felt thank you to moo and all the mods who've kept the internet marvel that is ADISC running for another year. I really want to give them something to show how much it means to me so here it is:

Lets collectively make that donation bar at the top of the page go all the way to 100%

I know not everyone can spare the money but every little helps even if it is only the money you were going to spend on your next coffee or the cost of a pack of nappies.

You can only post here if you donate or have donated in the last 12 months. If you have then post a message here to say what you want, but thanks is always good and a metal cow related pun is strongly encouraged!

(I can't stop people lying but remember Santa and more scarily the omnipotent metal bovine are watching!)

There's only one week left so get a moo-ve on!!

I think my $10 went through (Or else I would have not got the "donor" title)

Anyway, yep. ADISC rocks and so does Moo along with the mods to keep the site clean and going. My sincerest thanks to them and the members that keep ADISC running. If it was not for the members, then ADISC would just be a website. It's a home, not just a server for members to join.

I do encourage everyone to donate to keep this website going. Show your care and believe! Keep those members you think are awesome in your hearts as well. I know I had a bad start but I made tons of friends and I am so looking forward to 2015.

(p.s. I'm sure people can post here if they did not donate, maybe just to support ADISC )

I don't donate to websites. I don't know where my money is actually going.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    Ask moo where your money will be going for this :3 Surely this kind of money isn't going to a subway or something.

I agree about that perspective.

The money actually goes to the cost of running this website. It's far from free, and it's quite expensive for one person to handle month after month. Whatever isn't donated at the time will be picked up by Moo. It's just A nice gesture to donate and help.

I just donated $10.00, I hope it goes through. Thanks for putting all this effort and money to run this site Moo! Moo-rry Christmas!

It goes to making sure we still have this site next year. Like.. it most certainly costs money to keep this place going.

I'm sure Moo isn't buying diapers with the money. You don't have to worry.

Speaking of which, absolute support for this. I wish I had some money I could toss at this myself. I'll try to get some soon. I do wish I didn't have to go through Paypal, although I absolutely understand why it's done that way. A dream, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietta View Post
    It goes to making sure we still have this site next year. Like.. it most certainly costs money to keep this place going.

I'm sure Moo isn't buying diapers with the money. You don't have to worry.

Speaking of which, absolute support for this. I wish I had some money I could toss at this myself. I'll try to get some soon. I do wish I didn't have to go through Paypal, although I absolutely understand why it's done that way. A dream, really.
    We're on the same page here too... love...

I've got no money, no bank account, and I have perhaps, an irrational distaste of PayPal... All I can do is give to ADISC, in any other way available to me... Now, if wishes were fishes... I'd win a lottery, and pay for several years of ADISC's operational costs... So, for those who can and do, send monetary contributions... you are contributing to so much more than a mere website... you are giving a gift to several individuals, and to a very important mission that Moo, and his ADISC creation provide... I for one, am very grateful!

In my dream... I fly down to California... meet Moo, and hand off a sizable amount of cash... With this contribution, I also see our hard working moderators, and, so many of the people here... from the latest newbie, the tortured souls, the happy-go-lucky, the scientists, the professionals, my personal friends, me, the confused spouses, and significant others, the worried parents... everyone!

I don't mean to strong-arm anyone... I would emphatically state... that this is so much more than a mere website...

If you can... if you are comfortable, if you will... please donate!

If we get 5-people donating just 10-dollars each, for the remaining 8-days of this year, each day remaining... we'll make the yearly goal!

Yet by donating today, you'll do so much more than that! You'll help people like me, reach others in need... you'll be helping to provide the ways, the place, and the means for us to help those in the perils of shame and self-disgust... you'll be helping those remaining, to grow, and to experience another kind of family... a family that shares, and grows together...

By donating, you also help to provide a means of entertainment, serious discussion, and even an opportunity to work on hobbies, and repair issues! There's parenting advice, and pet care too!

This isn't any website... this is ADISC... A friend, a family, a playmate, a classroom, an experience, and a place for you to begin to be empowered to be all that you may be...

Where else can you give and get so much... in a single place? A paradise island, a theme-park, and a port in the storm... all without any requirement or insistence to convert or have any particular theism...

We're not run for profit. So, we have no ads, and we do not sell anything.
    We exist simply for the benefit of our members.

Beyond that, we have a unique and very positive culture.
    We value honesty, intelligence, and quality writing, amongst other things.
    Discussions here tend to be friendly, but deep, and thought-provoking.
    Wont you click the link now?

Wont you give a gift to hundreds of people, in a single gesture... including yourself?

I'm not an actor, or a paid or otherwise official representative...

I've not been asked, or been given any endorsement whatsoever, to plea to you for your help...

If you can... if you are comfortable, if you will... please donate today!

I'm asking you, from the utmost sincerity... please donate to ADISC now!

I pledge to you, to do all that I can for as long as I can here at ADISC, time and health constraints considered...

Won't you also make a pledge to ADISC?

Please donate, and get your donor badge* too!

*If you wish to remain anonymous in your contributions, contact the founder of ADISC here first... to make private arrangements.

You friends of ADISC, thank you... and I thank you!

With my utmost respect and appreciation,
    -Marka

We have a hosting bill of ~$1,100 due around the end of Jan.
    All donations between now and when that bill comes are likely going towards it.