Thread: DEPEND Male Guards as "Booster Pads" for Diapers...

Default DEPEND Male Guards as "Booster Pads" for Diapers...

At this time, I am trying DEPEND Male Guards as "booster pads" for my Walgreen's CERTAINTY XL size diapers. So far, this combination seems to be working out for me as a totally incontinent adult with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.

Do you have to cut slits in them to make them work right? I've always wondered about Poise pads...they sure look thick...

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    Do you have to cut slits in them to make them work right? I've always wondered about Poise pads...they sure look thick...
    I've never tied them but Poise pads should work. Like you say cut slits in them and with the adhesive backing
    they should stay in place.

I've used "male guards" as liners in pull ups because I can wear a few during a typical work day and they hold quite a bit of pee. I find they're not so effective with diapers, if the diaper breaks down prematurely on contact with sweat. I know this conversation technically doesn't apply to me since I'm not incontinent but I wanted to throw in my two cents.

I've used Depend guards as boosters many times, including last night, inside an Abena Delta Form. Yes, you do have to slit the back sheet, but they hold a lot inside a diaper. It's really the only time you can safely use a guard's full capacity.

I use dignity double-duty pads. http://www.amazon.com/Dignity-Extra-.../dp/B000E91TE8

In bambino's i use two pads in front side by side and this gives me plenty without a bulky backside.

This works real good a night for peeing while laying on your side

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    I've used Depend guards as boosters many times, including last night, inside an Abena Delta Form. Yes, you do have to slit the back sheet, but they hold a lot inside a diaper. It's really the only time you can safely use a guard's full capacity.
    Yes, I cut slits in the plastic backing of the male guard to let the pee soak into the diaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    At this time, I am trying DEPEND Male Guards as "booster pads" for my Walgreen's CERTAINTY XL size diapers. So far, this combination seems to be working out for me as a totally incontinent adult with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
    Have you tried the Goodnites Trufit inserts? They are more absorbent and they don't have a waterproof lining to cut through. They are amazing as booster pads.

want to but there not sold in uk shops so havant come accross now i know however im going to buy some online would the larger size fit in a goodnite?/drynite pullup