Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never tried Cloth should I?

BabyCrinklewish

Wink Never tried Cloth should I?

I have never tried even once EVER cloth diapers. The only time it was remotely cloth was a simulated feeling with a blanket. (DUH i didnt use) I however am considering if i can make my own or buy some locally and MIGHT try it.

How do i know it wont go through the cloth onto another cloth (bed, pants, ect.)

What are good ways to hold them together.... velcro isnt trusted by me.

I am very scared but yet something is driving me to try something new did you have this feeling?

Thanks to all those who comment and respond.

You're to young to have worn cloth as a baby but the feeling is out of this world no waiting to pee fill a diaper for bulk as it's there from the start and coupled with good plastic pant's no leaks

Its your fetish.... I can't predict whether it will push your buttons or not.

cloth diaper, diaper pins, plastic pants = no leaks. There is no better overnight diaper, going strictly by function.

I prefer cloth mostly because that's what I had as a baby, and that's what I bonded with during puberty. Cloth can present problems if you're trying to keep your hobby a secret. Privacy during the laundry process can be hard to come by if you live with others, or in an apartment with shared washer/dryer equipment.

norcal57

Maxx hit it on the head! It is all about YOU! I will say that if you get the overnight pre fold in the correct size with a good pair of plastic pants, it will probably make you wonder what took you so long. Yes they are a little more work, there is laundry to do, you will need a diaper pail, you have to have pins, you will need a good quality cream and baby powder, and good plastic pants are a necessity. I believe they are worth every bit of the extra work. I hardly ever wear cloth to work (bambino disposable are great), but as soon as I get home it is back to cloth. I am very fortunate to have a house keeper to help me with laundry and folding.

Diapers: http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PROD...d-Diapers.html
    Plastic Pants: http://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com...prod=GVP-7COMS These run on the large side. I'm 35" waist and Small size fits perfect.
    Pins: http://www.baby-pants.com/pins_Stuff.php (Stainless Steel version)

Too bad there isn't a AB/DL repository place where we could send stuff we are using. I just gave a ton of stuff to my house keeper, and went through and 15 pairs of plastic pants, and 6 diapers (almost new) that I had elastic put in the waist, and didn't like them. This would actually be a bad idea, as you don't know who you would be sending your address out to. Oh well, have fun experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklewish View Post
    I have never tried even once EVER cloth diapers. The only time it was remotely cloth was a simulated feeling with a blanket. (DUH i didnt use) I however am considering if i can make my own or buy some locally and MIGHT try it.

How do i know it wont go through the cloth onto another cloth (bed, pants, ect.)

What are good ways to hold them together.... velcro isnt trusted by me.

I am very scared but yet something is driving me to try something new did you have this feeling?

Thanks to all those who comment and respond.
    Cloth has its good and bad points
    Pros:
    no leak
    bulky
    reusable
    cheaper in the long run
    not having to worry about completely running out of diapers

Cons:
    lack of ordor control
    not as familiar a feel as disposables. (you get used to it)
    expensive in the short run
    having to take care of them. (not a big deal unless you live with others...but where there's a will there's a way)

As for holding them together I recommend Boingo diaper fasteners. I got a couple pair and they work great.

I'd also suggest getting plastic pants that are a size larger than the diapers.

You may also like to try http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/

They don't hold as much as you would potentially get from a regular cloth diaper with a good pair of plastic pants, but they are comfortable, super cute, and its an all in one, so you don't have to worry about buying the plastic pants and the pins. Its a good price too.

Its a lot of work to take care of cloth diapers, but I prefer having cloth diapers, it makes me comfortable that I'll always have diapers to use, if I can't afford to buy disposables. I also just find them more comfortable than disposables.

Yes. Yes, you should try cloth. They're super great, and you'll have no leaks when you get better at apply4 them (I'm not there yet myself). If this is a fetish, and there will be sexytime involved, with a partner or alone, be aware, as others have said, that oder can be an issue. I love my cloth diapers, but my parents are here, and I will have to wait for a while before indulging. But short answer...why aren't you ordering instead of reading this!?

I would say yes to trying cloth diapers. I wear cloth about 50 percent of the time and especially at night. Cloth diapers are nice and thick very absorbent. You can make them as thick or thin as you want. Like others have said., expensive and work to wash.

Before spending a lot of money on cloth diapers on line, you might try flour sack cloth towels. They are a lot cheaper than most cloth diapers and can be found at WalMart and other big box stores. The towels are thin but you can double or triple them for more absorbancy. Typically they cost a couple of dollars each and are big enough to fit most waists. I used to wear Curity diapers when i was much lighter and for me this is the closest you can come to these diapers. Of course plastic pants are a must but that just adds to the fun..

I have been in cloth diapers for many years and just comfortable. Add a pair of nice plastic pants makes my night. Now my wife will use cloth diapers for me. Love the comfort that is for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you buy these