Thread: Big wide world

Default Big wide world

Dpes anyone else feel like the world is too big for them?

I've always been curious if it's just me but a lot of the time I feel like this world is too big and stressful and demanding, and I just wasn't ready for it.

I do my best, I do quite well actually but I still feel like for whatever reason I'm stuck in childhood and I wasn't prepared for the big scary world.

What about you all, do any of you feel this way sometimes? Do you think being a little helps you to cope if you do feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Dpes anyone else feel like the world is too big for them?

I've always been curious if it's just me but a lot of the time I feel like this world is too big and stressful and demanding, and I just wasn't ready for it.

I do my best, I do quite well actually but I still feel like for whatever reason I'm stuck in childhood and I wasn't prepared for the big scary world.

What about you all, do any of you feel this way sometimes? Do you think being a little helps you to cope if you do feel this way?
    I don't know if that's how I'd phrase it or not...
    When trying to think about the world that way, my mind keeps wanting to avoid that type of thinking...maybe i'm just tired, but it could be some sort of mental block I developed at some point.

Anyway, I dont think anyone is 'prepared for the big scary world.' Being a little definitely helps as a way of coping with stress of uncertainty and the unknown. It helps us live in the moment like we used to.

But knowing that you're not prepared is actually better than claiming to.
    “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
    ― Socrates

I sometimes feel the same I've had a couple of jobs, lacked the confidence to keep them as I see it now. I am scared to think of all the responsiblities that come with maintaining the status quote in order to function in society . Having said this my job record is poor and I know it'll be awhile until I am able to make it in a business , running my own business in landscaping and related services is a dream that I want to pursue , but before this I have to take the first steps and man it seems hard .

soggyboy

I can sympathise a bit.
    While I'm not at all scared by "The Big Wide World", I get very disillusioned by it sometimes. This does affect the way I deal with people, both in reality and online.
    For example, most times when I log on to Adisc, I can ignore the posts or comments that don't interest me, have a quick scroll through, maybe comment here or there, then leave.
    But here is the effect that the outside world has on me. I live in Australia, and am proud of it. This week we had a siege situation in Sydney that ended with a nutcase killing 2 people. Today the news in Queensland comes in that 8 children aged 18 months to 15 years have been killed in a domestic situation.
    Now when I log on here I see the usual topics about wearing, wetting, asking, buying, knowing, playing with toys etc. and I feel like screaming FOR CHRISTS SAKE DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO??!!
    I know how irrational it is to log onto a diaper support site and get mad at people discussing these things, but it seems that the "Big Wide World" has taken my sense of fun and humour out of things today.
    Unfortunately, as an adult, we have to put up with a lot these days, and outside influences play a large part in our psyche sometimes.
    Good thread post. I look forward to seeing the responses of others.

Half and half for me. Some times I think I'm drowning and other times I feel like it's too small.

Sometimes. I have days where I feel like I've got this adult thing nailed, and then others where I feel like a child trapped in an adult's body and expected to act mature (like Tom Hanks in Big, but not fun). I don't feel like the world's too big in any kind of geographical sense - I love travelling and experiencing new places and cultures, but I do sometimes find the world intimidating, and I'm envious of people who seem consistently equipped to deal with adulthood.

I think being Little does help me cope, especially when I feel overwhelmed. Depending on my mood and how life is going on any given day, I can either be perfectly content doing adult things and have no desire for ABDL activities/behaviours, or I can feel that there's nothing better in the world than being a little and never having to grow up.

Pulluplover

The older you get, the more you travel the less of an issue that becomes.

I feel this a little bit sometimes, I feel like whenever I face a problem or a big decision I need help with it I need to consult with somebody who I trust which is usually my dad. If I don't have that I feel like I won't know what to do. It's like I'm not ready to deal with all that life brings at the moment. Being little for me is a way to cope with it and it helps me be less stressed.

Having to deal with insurance companies this week has reminded this little that he sometimes has to deal with the big wide world.

I ended my working career this time last year. I still have my part time job which is being a music director for a Methodist church. I worked hard all my life, had something to offer, but never became rich, at least in terms of money. I would have liked to have been fantastically successful, but I was simply a church musician. The big wide world didn't scare me as much as it discouraged me.

Now I can enjoy life a bit more. I'm good at what I do as a musician. The house is paid for and so I don't have to worry as much about paying off the bills. Life has a way of working out, or maybe, to everything there is a season.

At the worst of it, if I was worried over the job, etc., I actually wasn't in the mood to wear diapers and regress. For me, regression puts me in a happier, more peaceful place. I sort of need to be in that space to begin with, and then regression is all the better for it.