Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Diaper Reviews!

  1. #1

    Default Diaper Reviews!

    Since I submitted a ton of diaper reviews lately, I figured I may as well post a thread here and answer any questions about them as well as any questions about future reviews.

    Adult Diaper Reviews
    MoliCare Soft Super (Small)
    NorthShore AirSupreme (Small)
    Wellness Superio (Medium)
    NorthShore Supreme (Medium)
    NorthShore Premium Youth (one size)

    Baby Diaper Reviews
    Luvs (Size 6)
    Well Beginnings Diapers (Size 6)
    Well Beginnings Training Pants (Girls, 4T-5T - MLP designs)

    Upcoming Diaper Reviews
    Pampers Easy-Ups 4T-5T (baby diaper)
    Tena Slip Maxi (maybe ADISC?)
    Bambino Teddy
    Bambino Classico
    ABU Super Dry Kids (non-ADISC; ADISC doesn't want ABU association understandably)

    Stuff I've Tried But Don't Have Enough Extras To Do A Formal Review
    Bambino Bellissimo (Medium)
    Fabine Exklusiv (Medium)
    Huggies Pull-Ups (Girls, 4T-5T)

    Since people don't generally comment on ADISC's articles, I figured I may as well post this here just in case people wanted to comment/discuss.
    Last edited by KatelynG; 21-Dec-2014 at 08:33.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Bambino Bellissimo (Medium)
    Please don't make a review about the bellissimo. Onecho did an awesome review and should be left alone.



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    ABU Super Dry Kids (non-ADISC; ADISC doesn't want ABU association understandably - these really aren't that great anyways)
    Fruitkitty also said no to these. Just a reminder.
    Last edited by Snivy; 18-Dec-2014 at 11:04. Reason: Fixed wrong info.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Please don't make a review about the bellissimo. Onecho did an awesome review and should be left alone. The only thing that changed is that the Bellissimo got a shell, the only significant difference.
    The review is outdated and follows old formatting guidelines unless I'm mistaken. It also is fairly imprecise in capacity test measurements (based on the measurements he gave, the Classicos outperform the Bellissimos). In addition, I don't see why I shouldn't bother reviewing something someone reviewed years ago - there's a reason that aggregated review scores are held in higher regard than individual reviews.



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Fruitkitty also said no to these. Just a reminder.
    Which is why I'm not publishing this review on ADISC but will keep it to my personal blog.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Which is why I'm not publishing this review on ADISC but will keep it to my personal blog.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...per-Re-Reviews

    You are still going to receive hate from people about it regardless. Yeah, of course you are going to receive hate from people and it's best to ignore but it's also best to not start a fuel fire.

    According to the review, the shell is still there. Nothing has changed about it. Re-read the review already made: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...lissimo-Review

    And aside the fact, years ago? It's only two years old and it still serves purpose of it being there.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bambino
    The Bottom Half Group is pleased to announce its first of a new generation of extremely heavy diapers with double thicker core technology. These diapers are produced on a new (2011) state of the art diaper machine with patent pending core technology. Bellissimo is one of the thickest, most absorbent diapers produced in the world today. This diaper has extreme absorbency, softer non-woven cover material, double thick core technology, tall standing inner leg cuffs, stretch waist front and back except for Extra Large size, and all new reinforced printed frontal landing zone.

    Bellissimo diaper will compete with the best of the best extreme diapers like 24/7 and yet to be seen Fabine diaper from Germany.

    We encourage our current Bambino customers to try a sample of Bellissimo diaper before buying any large quantity; as this may fit differently than our first generation diapers for customers who were at the extreme ends of the size ranges of our medium and large diapers.
    I'm not stopping you from making your reviews but I don't think it is necessary for making a review that is already there.



    Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat
    Ring Ring, Progresso
    What really has changed about it?
    Last edited by Snivy; 18-Dec-2014 at 11:07. Reason: Sorry for multiple notifications.

  5. #5

    Default

    I would like to see varying reviews on Bellissimos. I have, at times, not had them always act the same way, like varying capacity for example. Also, it seems that the Bellissimos are constantly being revised so I don't see why another review would hurt.

    I was never harassed for posting info about the Bellissimos but it wasn't an official diaper review.

    BTW, KatelynG, I loved the reviews. Many of them matched up to my own findinds, and that's exactly why I think they are valuable, to make sure my findings are not just one off results.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    According to the review, the shell is still there. Nothing has changed about it. Re-read the review already made: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...lissimo-Review
    I did. The capacity test was done completely wrong and at the minimum needs to be redone. Water should only be poured down the front, not alternating between front and back, and more detailed measurements (for the sake of significant figures) should be taken. Also, 2L is way under the Bellissimo's capacity, at least now. In addition, the person didn't do (or at least didn't document) the day-use test that is required in a modern review. Measurements were also done in inches rather than centimeters, making them less precise. Also (a minor error) the author did not provide the date of purchase, making it impossible to determine which revision of Bellissimos was reviewed.

    Also, I didn't want to start a fight about ABU. I understand they have (very serious) problems, but as someone who is at least acting as a journalist, I will remain neutral and review the quality of the product rather than ignoring it because people don't like it. I will of course speak about their issues in the article and I won't even post a topic about it on ADISC, assuming they won't let me post one in Diaper Talk (despite other ABU-centric threads being allowed).

    I'm not looking to start a fight here; I'm looking to review diapers.



    Quote Originally Posted by BouncyBoy View Post
    I would like to see varying reviews on Bellissimos. I have, at times, not had them always act the same way, like varying capacity for example. Also, it seems that the Bellissimos are constantly being revised so I don't see why another review would hurt.

    I was never harassed for posting info about the Bellissimos but it wasn't an official diaper review.

    BTW, KatelynG, I loved the reviews. Many of them matched up to my own findinds, and that's exactly why I think they are valuable, to make sure my findings are not just one off results.
    Thanks! I'm happy to help. Don't worry; I'll probably end up doing a Bellissimo review shortly.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    I did. The capacity test was done completely wrong and at the minimum needs to be redone. Water should only be poured down the front, not alternating between front and back, and more detailed measurements (for the sake of significant figures) should be taken. Also, 2L is way under the Bellissimo's capacity, at least now. In addition, the person didn't do (or at least didn't document) the day-use test that is required in a modern review. Measurements were also done in inches rather than centimeters, making them less precise. Also (a minor error) the author did not provide the date of purchase, making it impossible to determine which revision of Bellissimos was reviewed.


    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    ...I'll probably end up doing a Bellissimo review shortly.
    Your saying Onecho did a review wrong? I certainly don't see it. It's done at an easy matter to me. There is not right way of doing a review, just do it and it's done. Onecho, a former content mod, did something wrong and a user, you, is going to call out a user who left...that's very mature of you, in fact, I think it's wrong of you for that matter.

    (If a mod feels I am attacking, feel free to remove what I say please)

    If you have yet to look, you can compare to a bellissimo (If you have one) to the article and he others people have started on other threads. Nothing changed about it and I know a friend (I quoted but waiting for a reply) has voiced his opinions on the diaper himself.



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Also, I didn't want to start a fight about ABU. I understand they have (very serious) problems, but as someone who is at least acting as a journalist, I will remain neutral and review the quality of the product rather than ignoring it because people don't like it. I will of course speak about their issues in the article and I won't even post a topic about it on ADISC, assuming they won't let me post one in Diaper Talk (despite other ABU-centric threads being allowed).
    Ok, let it get taken down, criticized, or left alone. I won't say anything for that matter, i'm going to let action speak for itself. If nothing bad happens, then good. If something bad happens...well, you put that up.

    I personally would think ADISC would not allow something like that but I am not a mod so I don't know any of the behind-the-scene rules and therefore, I can't speak out or back anyone up, point of the matter being.

    But this post speaks for itself: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...77#post1254677



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    I'm not looking to start a fight here; I'm looking to review diapers.
    Again, nobody is stopping you for reviews but no need to go re-review stuff especially legacy articles unless they are old and outdated and the Bellissimo article is not out-dated. I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Snivy; 18-Dec-2014 at 19:46. Reason: Again, sorry for multiple notifications. I have to make sure my post makes sense so that's why I edit so much.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Your saying Onecho did a review wrong? I certainly don't see it. It's done at an easy matter to me. There is not right way of doing a review, just do it and it's done. Onecho, a former content mod, did something wrong and a user, you, is going to call out a user who left...that's very mature of you, in fact, I think it's wrong of you for that matter.
    Just because he was an important person does not make him immune to criticism. The fact is that his article does not follow the modern guidelines for diaper reviews. That is not debatable; I listed what was missing and wrong. I'm not calling him out, I'm merely stating that the review needs to be updated. I'm not saying his review is bad; I'm just saying that it is not in the correct format for a modern ADISC diaper review.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Just because he was an important person does not make him immune to criticism. The fact is that his article does not follow the modern guidelines for diaper reviews. That is not debatable; I listed what was missing and wrong. I'm not calling him out, I'm merely stating that the review needs to be updated. I'm not saying his review is bad; I'm just saying that it is not in the correct format for a modern ADISC diaper review.
    I'm not picking favorites so I did not say he was an important person (Although he was a good person from most people's perspective) Those were 2012 guidelines and regardless it's 2014 (About to be 2015) the review does it's purpose on pointing out the important stuff about the diaper. What you want to do is throw away a perfectly good article and devote everyone's attention to your article over something that already exists. That's not even being faithful to your fellow ADISC members.

    If a person had a disease that hurt his ability to type, would you criticize that? I know I wouldn't because the user tried and that tells me he accomplished something. Your right, he is not immune to criticism and he very well please may get some kind of correction but you sure are talking about the user behind his back because...well, I don't think he comes to ADISC anymore. I never met him but maybe one day on ADISC he will come and I will try to greet him with a "Hello! Onecho!" back to my advice, article should be left alone, if it needs to be updated, then let the content editors handle that!

    You made 5 diaper articles, that's good! Keep it up! But where I am getting at is it is not necessary to die out an old article over something that did not really...change at all. If it's outdated, then I am sure that a content mod will update it/ At least, I think that's why they are content mods besides fixing dead links and approving stuff.

    And about your statement,



    I'm not saying his review is bad; I'm just saying that it is not in the correct format for a modern ADISC diaper review.
    I "think" I read these guidelines and I certainly don't see anything new about the guidelines. The review still serves purpose on capturing the diaper in perspective and what it can do. So yeah, Onecho still did a pretty good damn job, of course, but why re-review something that never changed? It's like you want an Airbus A380 brand new and you received an A380 by QANTAS but you prefer the Delta A380...there is no difference, it's the same aircraft except with a different airline.

    A380 Qantas Plane Example


    A380 Delta Plane Example
    Last edited by Snivy; 18-Dec-2014 at 20:30. Reason: Missed "Important" Info!

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I'm not picking favorites so I did not say he was an important person (Although he was a good person from most people's perspective) Those were 2012 guidelines and regardless it's 2014 (About to be 2015) the review does it's purpose on pointing out the important stuff about the diaper. What you want to do is throw away a perfectly good article and devote everyone's attention to your article over something that already exists. That's not even being faithful to your fellow ADISC members.

    If a person had a disease that hurt his ability to type, would you criticize that? I know I wouldn't because the user tried and that tells me he accomplished something. Your right, he is not immune to criticism and he very well please may get some kind of correction but you sure are talking about the user behind his back because...well, I don't think he comes to ADISC anymore. I never met him but maybe one day on ADISC he will come and I will try to greet him with a "Hello! Onecho!" back to my advice, article should be left alone, if it needs to be updated, then let the content editors handle that!

    You made 5 diaper articles, that's good! Keep it up! But where I am getting at is it is not necessary to die out an old article over something that did not really...change at all. If it's outdated, then I am sure that a content mod will update it/ At least, I think that's why they are content mods besides fixing dead links and approving stuff.

    And about your statement,



    I "think" I read these guidelines and I certainly don't see anything new about the guidelines. The review still serves purpose on capturing the diaper in perspective and what it can do. So yeah, Onecho still did a pretty good damn job, of course, but why re-review something that never changed? It's like you want an Airbus A380 brand new and you received an A380 by QANTAS but you prefer the Delta A380...there is no difference, it's the same aircraft except with a different airline.

    A380 Qantas Plane Example


    A380 Delta Plane Example
    Considering it requires no effort on anyone's part but KatelynG and whatever content person has to look at it, I don't see the problem. Can't they decide if they want it or not? It seems reasonable to me that if we have new standards, we should have an updated review. Failing an available update, we should have a new one, although it's not such a big deal since we already have one that covers most of the bases.

Similar Threads

  1. Diaper Reviews
    By Moo in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-Oct-2013, 09:53
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-Jun-2013, 07:03
  3. Diaper Reviews
    By Moo in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jan-2012, 03:45
  4. Diaper Reviews
    By RainPoncho in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-Jun-2011, 04:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.