Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Bondage and Diapers

Default Self Bondage and Diapers

Hello! I am a DL and am also into bondage. I recently have been thinking about self bondage techniques and I am wondering what people have done or seen that may have worked. I have a nice supply of diapers and a whole month of privacy. I am looking forward to spending my nights in diapers but an getting kinda board with that. The crazier the idea, the better. Any advice is appreciated.

Well, I won't shy away from the fact that I had partaken in a bit of self-bondage in the past, but that has mostly been possible because I have access to materials that make it both more comfortable for me and easier to get out of.

So, for starters, I think it goes without saying that I should state it right up front: YOUR SAFETY IS TOP PRIORITY. I had to double and triple check everything I did before I got around to it, because a certain amount of danger and pain can and potentially WILL occur if you are not 100% sure with what you're doing. If this is your first time thinking about it, you need to start off slow.

Another bit of caution that needs to be said is that you need to make sure that you have a set beginning and a set end. This is to ensure that you don't get lost in pleasure and find yourself in a tough situation where you can't get out of your bondage.

In terms of looking yourself into your nappies, a best way to start off slow is to make sure you won't be able to remove them. Best way I have found to keep yourself from doing that is either balling your hands up with tape or putting them into mittens. The mittens route is probably the easiest, as it is easy to both do and to get out of. All you really need is a pair of long socks and some wads of paper towel, which will help to keep your fingers from fiddling with your nappy. The taped-up fists method is also a good method, but it is harder to get out of. Once your fists are nicely balled and taped, you will not be able to do anything with your hands so there's some extra caution to highlight there. If you want to go for this method, make sure that you have a pair of scissors that are easily accessible.

I can't really offer more than that, as self-bondage is certainly one of the more dangerous areas of the BDSM culture. And even though I have dabbled in it myself, I can say that the cautions are well worth taking to heart. I hope what I have offered has somewhat been helpful and just remember to stay safe and stay sure.

I highly recommend this essay by Jay Wiseman, who is an EMT and the author of SM 101. Money quote: "Being in highly restrictive bondage and completely alone certainly seems to be the number-one killer of sadomasochists."

You should also look at this, by the same author. Wiseman labels self-bondage one of the "Bad Five," BDSM practices that cannot be practiced safely, even after taking precautions.

Any form of self-bondage that could prevent you from leaving the building quickly in an emergency is bat-shit crazy. That includes forms of self-bondage that have a "fail-safe." Fail-safes tend to fail. I know there are people out there who will tell you that there are safe ways of engaging in restrictive self-bondage. These people are engaged in wishful thinking, perhaps motivated by the desperation to realize a fantasy.

There is one form of self-bondage that is not dangerous, since it doesn't restrict movement, and that is of interest to ABDLs. That is the use of locking clothing to prevent the removal of diapers. A footed sleeper with a locking zipper is available from Baby Pants. Locking plastic pants are also available. Or you could make your own locking clothing by threading a chain through the belt loops of a pair of pants (one that you like and wouldn't want to destroy). Then use ice or a time lock to keep the key out of your hands for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    I highly recommend this essay by Jay Wiseman, who is an EMT and the author of SM 101. Money quote: "Being in highly restrictive bondage and completely alone certainly seems to be the number-one killer of sadomasochists."

You should also look at this, by the same author. Wiseman labels self-bondage one of the "Bad Five," BDSM practices that cannot be practiced safely, even after taking precautions.

Any form of self-bondage that could prevent you from leaving the building quickly in an emergency is bat-shit crazy. That includes forms of self-bondage that have a "fail-safe." Fail-safes tend to fail. I know there are people out there who will tell you that there are safe ways of engaging in restrictive self-bondage. These people are engaged in wishful thinking, perhaps motivated by the desperation to realize a fantasy.

There is one form of self-bondage that is not dangerous, since it doesn't restrict movement, and that is of interest to ABDLs. That is the use of locking clothing to prevent the removal of diapers. A footed sleeper with a locking zipper is available from Baby Pants. Locking plastic pants are also available. Or you could make your own locking clothing by threading a chain through the belt loops of a pair of pants (one that you like and wouldn't want to destroy). Then use ice or a time lock to keep the key out of your hands for a period of time.
    I've read both before and heard this argument many many times on other forums. My personal stance on it is that while self bondage is a risk, that risk can be mitigated to within what I would consider safe levels. Life is a giant risk/reward equation. Things like driving to work every day are actually insanely dangerous, but the reward of mobility is such that we accept it. Most actual self bondage related deaths come down to people doing really stupid things[tm].

Yes your house could catch fire mid self bondage and your various failsafe releases can fail, but you know what, you can also fall down the stairs and break your neck while doing the laundry or have a heart attack while taking a crap on the toilet.

So this in mind, my list for keeping things sane:

- Have a fail safe, preferably multiple ones. Absolute worst case, you should have the implements nearby to physically destroy (cut/break) yourself out
    - Anything that obstructs airways or has the potential to do so (gags, any kind of breath play) are out with me
    - Avoid truly restrictive stuff (mummification, really intricate bondage, etc)
    - Be mindful of fall hazzards
    - Be mindful of positional asphyxiation
    - Be mindful of circulation issues (This is a big hazard with bondage in general because it kinda sneaks up on you)
    - Don't combine with drugs/alcohol.
    - As someone already said, have a plan going in. During the moment, your sense of reason can kinda go out the window, and if you just kinda "wing it", you might end up doing something that you wouldn't in a sane, rational, "less erect" state.

I'm a big fan of failsafes that are reliable while having a disincentive to actually use them. Just having a second set of keys is a little too tempting. My go to is usually having a second key tied to a string inside a bucket of dyed water, with the string looped through the handle of the bucket, and placed high up on a shelf with the string down and accessible wherever I am. The idea is that to get at it I have to pull the string, which takes the bucket down with it (and makes a huge mess). Also a good pair of surgical scissors is always near by.

As to the what, coming up with clever ways to get your bondage on is a big part of the appeal to me. As a computer geek I've done a lot with software aided bondage and am gradually moving into computer controlled hardware. For the less geeky, the classic is a key frozen in ice, but this is messy and unpredictable and I was never a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Yes your house could catch fire mid self bondage and your various failsafe releases can fail, but you know what, you can also fall down the stairs and break your neck while doing the laundry or have a heart attack while taking a crap on the toilet.
    I think it's very misleading to compare these activities. The risks of self-bondage, including the risks of supposedly "safe" self-bondage, are not comparable to the risks of daily life. If you want to defend this as a justifiable risk, at least admit that the risk is large.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Most actual self bondage related deaths come down to people doing really stupid things[tm].
    Any restrictive form of self bondage is a really stupid thing[tm].

this is why I never liked caged adult cribs. Locked in crib for the night or for the day when your care giver is gone? Better hope there's not a fire.

locking diaper pins and locking pajama zippers are a fun and hilarious idea. - Some creative individuals have found ways of making the key inaccessible for a short period of time, such as freezing it inside a ziplock bag filled with ice. - i don't know of anyone being hurt that way, and the stories are always good for a laugh or two.

The risks of self-bondage, including the risks of supposedly "safe" self-bondage, are not comparable to the risks of daily life.
    If your primary argument against self bondage is that you can't get out in an emergency, then I pose the question: how many times has your house caught fire?

That is to say, your house catching fire is a pretty small risk. The risk of your house catching fire while you are doing some self bondage is even smaller. The risk of your house catching fire while you are doing self bondage and your failsafe fails, smaller still.

Just like train wrecks and plane crashes, bondage and self bondage related deaths stand out and stick in the mind, but when compared to the number of people doing it safely, I suspect the number becomes on par with other common activities, though as the article you linked admits, we don't really have the numbers to say for certain.

If your argument is more along the lines of sustaining injury during self bondage, then the counter argument is that sane bondage (self or otherwise) shouldn't pose any more risk than many other physical activities. I do a fair bit of woodworking, and while I do it safely and thus far without major injury, I honestly suspect I'm more likely to bleed after cutting my arm off with my table saw then somehow die while getting my self bondage on.

BabyCrinklewish

I am NOT a professional, I have NEVER done this, but there was something i heard once. Ice locks. You can use ice and create some VERY sturdy locks, unable to be broken (thickness) but melt over time ensuring safety. to avoid burn attatch this to the rope your using.

....just a thought and a suggestion. None the less, good luck!

While the ice ideas in this thread are good, they're not very good in an emergency. One fail safe that I would recommend is to put a key in a cup of water, quite high so that it's almost out of reach. Set it in such a way that the only way to get the key out is to spill the cup of water. Now put something important there so the water will fall on it, maybe the book you're reading or your phone.

Now you will only use the key if there's an actual emergency, but it is very easy to immediately get to if there is one.