Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Corset

Default Training Corset

I am seriously toying with the idea of a corset to give me a waist when crossdressing but have no idea where to start.

I could do with loosing 7-10 kg but an not grossly overweight (Would the restriction of the corset help with weight loss as there will be less room inside?).

I'm in the UK so something available on a UK website would be good.

Thanks,

DLE

Hey, I have a few corsets, although they're not training corsets, they're just pretty ones (or sexy ones... :/ )

Corsets won't help you with weight loss, they're purely cosmetic. They will make you look skinnier and define your waist more, but they won't make you lose weight. If you've ever worn those hold-it-all-in spanks then it's a similar idea. It pushes all the fat around into the nice bits (breasts and hips) and keeps the rest nice and thin. They are perfect for adding more definition to your shape though, so if it's having a svelte waistline you want, then corsets are a great idea.

I buy a lot of mine from Corsets UK. They have a great January sale as well, so if you can hold of a few weeks then it's totally worth waiting!

I thought corsets moved your stomach into your chest, is that true, it was on history channel many years ago so it might be complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post

I buy a lot of mine from Corsets UK. They have a great January sale as well, so if you can hold of a few weeks then it's totally worth waiting!
    Talula,

That is a great site, the sizing widget is really helpful! I'll hold off till the new year and check out the sale although the prices look not too bad. I'll work on the weight between now and then too...

Sorry to see from your reintroduction that you've got the flu at the moment. I'm bundled up in front of an open fire nursing a bad cold / borderline chest infection at the moment so you have my sympathies. The Scottish weather does not help any...

Thanks,

DLE

BabyCrinklewish

A corset is a garment worn to hold and shape the torso into a desired shape for aesthetic or medical purposes (either for the duration of wearing it or with a more lasting effect). Both men and women are known to wear corsets, though women more commonly do.

In recent years, the fashion industry has also borrowed the term "corset" to refer to tops which, to varying degrees, mimic the look of traditional corsets without actually acting as them. While these modern corsets and corset tops often feature lacing or boning and generally imitate a historical style of corsets, they have very little, if any, effect on the shape of the wearer's body. Genuine corsets are usually made by a corsetmaker and are frequently fitted to the individual wearer.
    Last edited by BabyCrinklewish; 15-Dec-2014 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    I thought corsets moved your stomach into your chest, is that true, it was on history channel many years ago so it might be complete BS.
    I don't believe that that's something that would happen now-a-days, although back when corsets were so tightly laced it up it was one of the reasons why women fainted so much - any change in temperature or small gasp of surprise pushed their bodies to the limits. Here's a list of the effects of lacing corsets too tightly on the body from wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by SissyDLE View Post
    Talula,

That is a great site, the sizing widget is really helpful! I'll hold off till the new year and check out the sale although the prices look not too bad. I'll work on the weight between now and then too...

Sorry to see from your reintroduction that you've got the flu at the moment. I'm bundled up in front of an open fire nursing a bad cold / borderline chest infection at the moment so you have my sympathies. The Scottish weather does not help any...

Thanks,

DLE
    Yes, the weather is definitely not helping! Sad to hear you're not feeling so great either!! Hope you enjoy the sale!

A corset can definitely change the appearance of your body shape while wearing one. If you wear a real one just be sure to take breaks from wearing it. I would recommend that you refrain from wearing one at night if you wear them during the day.

If you get one that gives you a smaller waist you will have a harder time breathing compared to when you are not wearing it. And, unless you are actually losing weight (which as the others pointed out a corset will not help you with) after your body gets use to a corset size don't try to make your waist smaller and smaller. This is a very unhealthy thing to do.

But after you read up on all the risks of wearing a real corset (if you have not done so already), you should get one. See if you like wearing it, or not.

The main reason for wanting to try a corset is to try to get a more feminine shape when I am cross dressing. Also, if I, can nip in my waist a little, I can drop a dress size, maybe two as the couple of garments that i have tried are somewhat tight around my midriff.

Looking at the list on Wikipedia, it seems that the main issues are to do with very tight lacing causing shortness of breath and restriction of stomach capacity meaning that the wearer cannot, or is less able, to eat a large meal. So, the reading that I have done says to take it slowly. Apply a little pressure, get used to it, tighten the lacing, repeat. Back off a little if it gets too much. All seems sensible to me.

Anyway, I realise that a corset should be treated with respect and I need to loose weight too. Meanwhile, if it helps a little with cross dressing and indulging the Sissy side of me, great. I may just be able to get into some of the costumes that I'd like to try without showing a manly pot belly (I exaggerate but you know what I mean). Oh, and I know I'll never look like my avatar, more's the pity!

Thanks for the advice and support,

DLE

SissyDLE - Just remember to build up to wearing it for long periods of time, if you intend to wear it very tightly.

I don't often wear corsets, but my wedding dress was a corset back, and oh my god, after the church service I needed that loosened! I thought I was going to faint! (I did look stunning for the photos though!)

Talula - I'll bet you did too! (Then again, if you can't look stunning on your wedding day, when can you?)

I've done a bit of reading on this and I'm aware that there is a fair bit of adaption involved but it's something that I'm willing to try. Thanks again for the advice. BTW, I can be a little impatient at times and one is now on the way. Hazards of sitting at home with nothing to do watching daytime TV recovering from a cold... Besides, they seem to have a bit of a sale on at the moment. So, later in the week, I'll be carefully trying this on: http://www.corsets-uk.com/wt-1363.html

I have to say that the sizing widget is just great!

DLE

PS, tried to PM you but your Inbox is full...