Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am back! And I have news: It can be done.

Reword

Default I am back! And I have news: It can be done.

Disclaimer: I am in no way on this post saying that everyone should do as I have done. This is for those who like me, just wanted to get away from the abdl lifestyle because it was unhealthy for them. For others it may be perfectly healthy.

Awhile ago I had asked if one could rid themselves of their "abdl" desires and the answer was a resounding no.

I do remember one individual stated that if some have gotten over it, they probably wouldn't go to an abdl site and tell people because they moved on.

Well, I am here to be that person to return and say that these desires can be eradicated. For good. I have zero desire to ever participate in this lifestyle in any form now. Zero. No more craving diapers, etc.

How? I simply stopped thinking I was an abdl that was trying not to be one anymore and realized I was not one to begin with. Now granted, I had done little in participating in the lifestyle, so one who has actually lived out this way for years, may not find it that simple.

But for those who are young like me and find this to be unhealthy in your life, this can be removed. You control your life, not anything else that exists in this world.

Honestly, if I had never accidentally discovered abdl, I probably would of outgrown my desires because they weren't necessarily abdl. All it was for me was that I had a traumatic early childhood that caused me to grow up super fast, and dealing with that early trauma has helped me be ok with growing up and not ever really being an innocent child.

I was thinking of starting a blog that can help those like me who want to not be an abdl anymore. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Call us back when you pass the rest of your life without the desire. It comes and goes. Give it time. Then again, I don't really care either way. If I could wish it away right now, I wouldn't bother. It's good. I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post
    Disclaimer: I am in no way on this post saying that everyone should do as I have done. This is for those who like me, just wanted to get away from the abdl lifestyle because it was unhealthy for them. For others it may be perfectly healthy.

Awhile ago I had asked if one could rid themselves of their "abdl" desires and the answer was a resounding no.

I do remember one individual stated that if some have gotten over it, they probably wouldn't go to an abdl site and tell people because they moved on.

Well, I am here to be that person to return and say that these desires can be eradicated. For good. I have zero desire to ever participate in this lifestyle in any form now. Zero. No more craving diapers, etc.

How? I simply stopped thinking I was an abdl that was trying not to be one anymore and realized I was not one to begin with. Now granted, I had done little in participating in the lifestyle, so one who has actually lived out this way for years, may not find it that simple.

But for those who are young like me and find this to be unhealthy in your life, this can be removed. You control your life, not anything else that exists in this world.

Honestly, if I had never accidentally discovered abdl, I probably would of outgrown my desires because they weren't necessarily abdl. All it was for me was that I had a traumatic early childhood that caused me to grow up super fast, and dealing with that early trauma has helped me be ok with growing up and not ever really being an innocent child.

I was thinking of starting a blog that can help those like me who want to not be an abdl anymore. I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Reword,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and what seems your intent for yourself and others!

If you should find yourself at a particularly rude-awakening in the future... I hope that we can be of use to you then, if not now...

Just looking over some of your posts for the last 2 1/2 -3 months, or so... It appears that you've been working very hard at attempting to reconcile some heavy things for yourself...

We'll leave the light on...

My best to you,
    -Marka

As much as I am happy for you I would give it at least a full year before claiming that it is gone for good.

A smoker can quit for 3 months and suddenly find themselves in the middle of an attack without any warning.

If that year comes then I would consider it gone but anything before then is too soon to tell in my opinion.

If you are right, and I want to assume you are because you are the only person that knows you then congratulations! And I hope you continue to be positive and happy as time goes on.

As for me, I've been this way for as long as I can remember and I'm perfectly happy thanks.

Only you can define yourself. But I warn you: to deny a part of your life as part of you is a slippery slope to conforming and giving in to those around you. I'm curious as to why you want to abandon the lifestyle rather than abandon the force opposing this lifestyle.

What's also interesting is your history in this lifestyle. Referencing to Penny's analogy, its also a lot easier for a smoker who's only been smoking for 6 months to quit than it is for a smoker who's been smoking for 6 years to quit. You said you pretty much had to grow up fast and that's why you're attracted to being a baby, but you also expressed a sexual desire toward diapers - and there's nothing wrong with that - but (I think) you discovered this in the early phases of puberty. Everyone will discover this in some way. Life didn't come with an instruction book for how to be at certain ages so you can only fundamentally tell yourself what to do and that is how you know it to be.

In any case, I think a lot people have given you excellent advise already. The fact that you've come back to tell us your story means that you haven't completely shunned away this lifestyle. You, at least, still respect it enough to come back and share a story with everyone. I could even be skeptical and say that you're desires are coming back and pretty soon you'll have a diaper in your hand with the irresistible desire to put it on. As an analogy, what you've done now is befriended a smoker you don't mind hanging around with while he smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post

Reword, I'm happy for you that you've so far been successful in achieving what you want. I hope that if your ab/dl desires return in the future, that you won't be hard on yourself. Everyone is different, but I know there are members here, who after accepting AB/DL as part of themselves, find that it does not have so much control over their life. I know I have a gone up to a year at a time, where AB/DL was just in the background for me. It was there, and I was fine with it. But I didn't feel any need to wear diapers or regress regularly. I know that some people go longer than that.

I think that most things are possible. But sometimes it is a question of whether or not it is worth making the sacrifices and putting in the work necessary to create lasting change. Like most things, if allowed to take over most of one's life, AB/DL can be very unhealthy. But for most of us, when practiced in moderation it can serve as a source of happiness, stress relief and personal growth.

If getting rid of AB/DL works for you long term, that is fantastic! I hope you have a good and happy life.

I will ask you to please be careful in encouraging others to do the same.

For many people, it may not be as doable to get rid of these desires as it is for you. They may be able to do it, but only by sacrificing part of themselves along the way. For most of us it is probably more practical to accept ourselves as we are, and incorporate AB/DL as part of a well balanced life.

Certainly you should feel free to share your personal experiences, I just hope you will make it clear to people, that it may not be so easy for them, and that it is also possible to be a healthy and happy practicing AB/DL. I feel that many people have enough difficulty accepting themselves as it is. I don't want them to hear your story and automatically assume that the same thing will work for them.

Reword, it is interesting to see you back in this context. Wasn't really expecting that.

If what goal you have accomplished has made you happier, you really feel like your needs psychologically are met, and you really don't have relapses in the future, then congrats. Not being an AB/DL certainly makes things more convenient in average life.

I share some skepticism about the long term nature of it all, as Trevor, Marka, and Penny have shown. It really has been quite a short time to say that you are absolutely rid of it, but if you are trying to get rid of something, I suppose that a strong devoted perspective is a good way to keep the attitude focused on supporting your goal.

I feel like I could read into a lot about you coming back to make your declaration, but I wont because It will simply be distracting from what is more important, which is this:

If you do decide to start a blog, or take the highly opposite standpoint of the majority here on the topic of "ridding one's self of AB/DL'sm" please remember:
    Your experience is very different from everyone else's. What works(per say) for you, is not a cure all (And there is no quote of you implying this, but for clarity), if you do start a blog, or encourage a cold turkey purge of AB/DL'sm for people, please consider the possible damage to the emotional well being that you put at risk for them. I, as many others, tried to cold turkey purge many times for very long periods of time (I was on a mission for my previous church for 2 years[edit: Stuck with another Mission companion 24/7], with only twice ever having access to a diaper, essentially adding up to 1 year +/- removal from AB/DL'sm, and still came back to being an Adult baby without any intention or religiously driven desire to do so). After all of the Binge/Purge cycles I went through, I was on the brink of suicide because of the guilt. Adisc is not around to put people on the path of Binge/Purge, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not allow anybody trying to follow your path fall into the cycle of binge/purge.

I know pretty well what you think of this lifestyle, but what I don't know is if you really were never an AB/DL in the first place as you have indicated. If somebody never was in the first place, I would imagine that It wouldn't be nearly as difficult to quit. However, I personally do not feel like it is a mentally safe thing to attempt quitting the AB/DL lifestyle entirely and removing all feelings from it, under the notion that the lifestyle in many ways sinful (not all aspects, as I know you have stated in the past, but many). I am a personal believer that if there is a God, then he let us be born the way we are to create diversity, not to produce clones of perfect cookie cutouts of 'normality'.

Again. Please be careful about who you are encouraging to quit, and why you are encouraging them to quit, and to what extent you encourage one should go to "rid one's self" of AB/DL'sm. This is a game with fire, emotions are a delicate thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abdljosh View Post
    but you also expressed a sexual desire toward diapers - and there's nothing wrong with that -
    That is part of what he finds wrong with AB/DL'sm. If my past observations are correct. I do not feel like I am putting words in mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    That is part of what he finds wrong with AB/DL'sm. If my past observations are correct. I do not feel like I am putting words in mouths.
    That is probably true, but I think it comes from the feeling of guilt after one pleasures themself. I'm not entirely sure what about AB/DL'sm he finds wrong (whether it be a link to pedophilia or just simple "this isn't normal" response) but I can say from personal experience that it probably stems from the guilty feeling after masturbation, which I believe can be scientifically explained as a natural reaction.

Reword, you're still very young and you're going to find out a lot about yourself in the next few years of your life. I think its important to embrace who you are and be genuine to those around you.

Reword

Quote Originally Posted by Abdljosh View Post
    Only you can define yourself. But I warn you: to deny a part of your life as part of you is a slippery slope to conforming and giving in to those around you. I'm curious as to why you want to abandon the lifestyle rather than abandon the force opposing this lifestyle.

What's also interesting is your history in this lifestyle. Referencing to Penny's analogy, its also a lot easier for a smoker who's only been smoking for 6 months to quit than it is for a smoker who's been smoking for 6 years to quit. You said you pretty much had to grow up fast and that's why you're attracted to being a baby, but you also expressed a sexual desire toward diapers - and there's nothing wrong with that - but (I think) you discovered this in the early phases of puberty. Everyone will discover this in some way. Life didn't come with an instruction book for how to be at certain ages so you can only fundamentally tell yourself what to do and that is how you know it to be.

In any case, I think a lot people have given you excellent advise already. The fact that you've come back to tell us your story means that you haven't completely shunned away this lifestyle. You, at least, still respect it enough to come back and share a story with everyone. I could even be skeptical and say that you're desires are coming back and pretty soon you'll have a diaper in your hand with the irresistible desire to put it on. As an analogy, what you've done now is befriended a smoker you don't mind hanging around with while he smokes.
    The thing is, I got the sexual desire for "diapers" whenever a wrapped a soft blanket around myself and said it was a "diaper". But whenever I've put on a real diaper, the satisfaction wasn't ever there. I realize now that diapers is not what my fetish is, but super soft blankets. Which personally, I feel is a much tamer fetish that would be easier for a vanilla person to accept.

Reword, Best of luck to you as you move on with your life.