Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula

BabyCrinklewish

Default Formula

A lot of people like it, a lot of people dont. I personally love it, but just simply do not prefer it often and see it as a treat, as my favorite kind went out of stock permanently for not selling enough

Do you like formula? If so, why? it doesn;t seem many A.Bs like it

I don't even like my niece's formula's smell and I wouldn't even dare drink it (probably because also I don't like milk)

I have been thinking of trying some for a long time! If I end up getting some (in the next week or so) I will comment here again xD

Over the summer, a friend and I had a sampler of baby foods (the pureed ones in the little jars) and the toddler meals. I was thinking of doing something similar with formulas so I can see if I like any of them!

I usually just drink regular milk or water from my bottles though ^_^

I'm not really a fan of formula or baby foods in general; total milk boy here. On top of the smell alone being a turn-off, formula meant for babies can possibly have uncomfortable results for adult bodies.

BabyCrinklewish

Yes, it tends that sometimes it can give tummy aches and things. All it is is nutrition, is it to much for us to handle? I wonder why and how this takes place in adult bodies and the effects. I'm intrested to know

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklewish View Post
    Yes, it tends that sometimes it can give tummy aches and things. All it is is nutrition, is it to much for us to handle? I wonder why and how this takes place in adult bodies and the effects. I'm intrested to know
    Simply, babies and adults need different things in their diet, and what might be enough of a certain nutritional requirement for one age group, might be too little or too much for another. For example, small children need more than twice the amount of protein in relation to their body weight that adults do, because of their continuing physical growth. It's the same reason that Gerber foods for infants is full of enough calories to make an adult feel bloated - infants need the calories to build up muscle and store fat, things which adult bodies have (excepting medical issues) already managed.

One of the other issues is that a person's taste pallet changes every 3 or so years, meaning that what tastes good as an infant or baby will taste strange to an adult, and perhaps even give them tummy aches because adult bodies are no longer used to it or trained to enjoy (or perhaps even accept) food for actual littles. On the flipside, adults can deal with things like spicy curries which the average toddler will struggle with, primarily because of the way our taste buds naturally alter at regular periods throughout our lives.

Since I have a baby granddaughter, I had a chance to sample some recently just for the heck of it. Nasty. She likes it, so I guess that's all that matters.

I love the taste, but it's too dense in calories to have on a regular basis. Still a bottle of it every other week or so after a rough day really helps me get little and happy.

One thing to be very cautious is the iron they put in babies and toddlers formula, its enough to kill an adult in good health, we don't need iron while babies and kids needs it, so be very cautious about the type of formula you try, iron poisoning can kill you and I'm serious here.

BabyCrinklewish

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    One thing to be very cautious is the iron they put in babies and toddlers formula, its enough to kill an adult in good health, we don't need iron while babies and kids needs it, so be very cautious about the type of formula you try, iron poisoning can kill you and I'm serious here.
    *****terrified now..............................i was unaware...........ive never heard of this...