Thread: girlish overalls

Default girlish overalls

I have a regular pair of overalls that I would like to make more "girlish." Similar to a toddler girl's pair. What could I do to help make this transformation with basic sewing skills? I'm thinking some kind of ruffles or something similar at the end of the legs, and maybe some type of applique' on the legs and bib area? Any ideas? All of the appliques I can find are smaller sized to fit toddler sized clothing, and I'd like to scale up a bit. I'd like to hear ideas.

rhinestones maybe, cute bows, um... that's all i got ^^;;

there are some places that make larger appliques, i cant remember where i found them though it was either ebay or etsy

Flower patches pony patches search sissy shortall's on ebay or adult baby shortall's most are converted ladys shortalls see what they added.

You should be able to find all kinds of girly patches on ebay. I found some Mickey Mouse one's a couple of years
    ago to put on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    You should be able to find all kinds of girly patches on ebay. I found some Mickey Mouse one's a couple of years
    ago to put on mine.
    Ooohhhh... too cute! I agree with the others - check ebay and see what sellers are doing and maybe you'll find some inspiration!

I guess that I am ole fashion and sort of stereotyped that only boys wear shortalls - color not a real matter but as for the
    girls I picture short skirts or dresses showing the under pinions of diapers and the frilly ruffled diaper covers.
    But a lot of things have changed - the PINK for boys is now for girls and the BLUE is now in the boy ball park.
    The practicality of changing diapers be it in dresses/skirts or shortalls with crotch snaps is without a doubt a plus.
    Some ebay sellers do more than just sell their goods - they custom craft designs that the buyer needs be it in real life as
    well as the fantasy world.