Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Hallllp :)

Default Christmas Hallllp :)

Looked and searched for a bit but couldn't find any threads on this...

The wife and I are going to do a small mommy/little Christmas prior to being joined later for presents and breakfast by the rest of the family. I, being the little in our equation, will be in bed early on Christmas eve and diapered. I then get to wake her up early for 4 am presents. My question is what do I get her?? We have our "big" gifts later, these couple gifts will be things that a little would give a big. We've just never done it so... I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions? She's pretty girly so I was thinking eco friendly things and nail polish or something. I'm completely lost here lol

What about making her a Christmas card with crayons and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Desphiria View Post
    What about making her a Christmas card with crayons and stuff?
    Oh, that's a great idea.

You could do macaroni pictures, glitter and glue pictures, use crayons...all sorts of stuff. You can get her materialistic things as her regular gifts, but this matches the role perfectly.

I think TraumaChick said her partner is the grownup in the relationship, so it should be a grownup present, and something smallish, since the bigger gifts will be with the family. I'm not good at this, so I don't have any good ideas, but I do think I understand the question. I personally like music, in the form of CDs, books, maybe a small clothing item?

Ah I never thought about a card!! Thats fantastic I will do that.

But yes DogBoy is correct in me wondering what sort of grown-up gift to get her. The things I would get for my actual mother is not something I would get for my wife when she's being Mommy so therein lies my problem. I've looked into some hot tea blends and a boho bag as well as some bath time products... But I'm still lip chewing lol

Most little kids would make something for their parents. You could bust out some glitter and glue, construction paper and stickers an make her a coupon book, draw her pictures or you can make bracelets pretty cheap.

You can buy her purfume if she wears it, bubble bath or bath salts.

You can combine things and get her something big (like purfume or jewelry) and make her something too.

I would deffinitly go with like a coupon book (like a coupon that's good for her little brushing her teeth without being asked, one free backrub, one that's good for helpin to make food, that kind of thing) deffinitly go nuts on the glitter :P

I'm sure she will love whatever it is because it comes from the heart cheap-expensive, homemade-pre order, etc.

You can write however you feel on a card...let's say,

Poem
    Book
    Statement
    Quote, followed by a hug

whatever feels comfortable for you, that's when you shoot for it!

Thank you guys so much for the "halllp!" I went with the super glittery homemade card, a trio of loose leaf teas from Teavana and a trio of bath bombs from Lush (so she can relax) and then I got this necklace (photo below) because she a: loves elephants and b: she can wear it and nobody will be the wiser that it's meant to represent our little/big time I'm so excited!!

Thank you guys again!! <3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephant-mother-and-baby-outline-shaped-animal-pendant-necklace-in-silver-dotoly-jewelry_9857812.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	22771

Quote Originally Posted by TraumaChick View Post
    Thank you guys so much for the "halllp!" I went with the super glittery homemade card, a trio of loose leaf teas from Teavana and a trio of bath bombs from Lush (so she can relax) and then I got this necklace (photo below) because she a: loves elephants and b: she can wear it and nobody will be the wiser that it's meant to represent our little/big time I'm so excited!!

Thank you guys again!! <3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephant-mother-and-baby-outline-shaped-animal-pendant-necklace-in-silver-dotoly-jewelry_9857812.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	22771
    Wow that's cute!