Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite christmas shows/ movies

Default favourite christmas shows/ movies

The title says it all. What are your favourite tv shows or movies that you look forward to seeing this time of year?

I already saw A Charlie Brown Christmas which is at the top of my list and I PVRed How the Grich Stole Christmas (the cartoon, not the movie!).

As far as movies go, it's a tradition in my family to watch A Christmas Carol, the one with Alistair Aim. My other personal favourite is The Muppet Christmas Carol. It's hilarious.

These are mine. What are yours?

Ooh, I love Frosty The Snowman, and Rudolph for the classics. As for other movies in this category, I love the Mickeys Once and Twice Upon a Christmas, How The Grinch Stole Christmas(cartoon), and I honestly cant resist watching Elf.

The Grinch (The Jim Carrey version) I love his acting.

It's a wonderful life, A Christmas carol (George C. Scott), Miracle on 34th street (Ed Winn) and Rudolph the red nose rain deer are seasonal musts.

An American Christmas carol, Santa Clause is coming to town, Frosty the snow man and The Santa Clause are also a good add on.

Last edited by egor; 13-Dec-2014 at 23:48.

The old classic Bing Crosby and Bob Hope in White Christmas. Along with all of the other early classics.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Santa Cause is coming to town...

He found himself a cause to giving out more presents than normal? I WAS a good boy!

I remember watching John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together when I was little. I can't fathom why it is still not available on DVD...

Also, The Night They Saved Christmas conjures 80's nostalgia for me. I love A Christmas Story, but I feel like it's been overplayed in recent years.

Oh definitely, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". They just don't make them like that any more. It became a Mystery Science 3000 classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    I remember watching John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together when I was little. I can't fathom why it is still not available on DVD...

Well, there's always the Dr. Who Christmas specials to look forward to. =)