Thread: Leakage

Default Leakage

I have never been a bedwetter, once out of diapers and in big girl underwear I never returned; however lately I have been leaking a lot if I do not make it to the toilet in time. On one isolated incident I was getting in the shower and did not have underwear on and before I could make it to the toilet I completely peed, it was running down my leg and on my bath robe. The entire time I was trying to hold it and it was as if I was trying to grip something but I was too weak to do it. This has been going on for a couple months now, it went away and then returned and now that it is back it seems slightly worse. I don't exactly know what to make of this since I've always been one to have great bladder control. Should I wait to see how long this goes on? Talk to a doctor? Any advice would help me because I am lost.

Definitely talk to a doctor. You may have a UTI and need antibiotics. Or it could be something worse. Likewise it could be other factors, like stress or just being in diapers so much (i dunno how much you wear). Could be other things. But yeah, def talk to a doctor because if it needs fixed, it needs fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Definitely talk to a doctor. You may have a UTI and need antibiotics. Or it could be something worse. Likewise it could be other factors, like stress or just being in diapers so much (i dunno how much you wear). Could be other things. But yeah, def talk to a doctor because if it needs fixed, it needs fixed.
    I'm pretty sure that it isn't an UTI. I've had those before and this feels completely different. When I'm clinching my muscles it feels as if i am to weak to. Also the amount of pee each time I use the toilet is larger than small squirts thatre produced when I have a UTI. Also there's no pain. Just a sudden urge to pee and then I must go asap. Usually when I am rushing to the restroom once I make it inside the stall I begin to leak and how much depends on how fast I can get my pants down.

Also I don't wear very often. I haven't worn in a few weeks and when I was it was spiratic or only at night for a few nights (and that's just for comfort and enjoyment).

Quote Originally Posted by timmy23 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it isn't an UTI. I've had those before and this feels completely different. When I'm clinching my muscles it feels as if i am to weak to. Also the amount of pee each time I use the toilet is larger than small squirts thatre produced when I have a UTI. Also there's no pain. Just a sudden urge to pee and then I must go asap. Usually when I am rushing to the restroom once I make it inside the stall I begin to leak and how much depends on how fast I can get my pants down.

Also I don't wear very often. I haven't worn in a few weeks and when I was it was spiratic or only at night for a few nights (and that's just for comfort and enjoyment).
    Hmm could still be an issue. Sudden urge and then instant going... Look up what causes urge incontinence. Might be overactive bladder, but I'm no doctor. I say you should get it checked just in case, but I can't control your choice. I just hope it gets better for you.

I agree with Kanone, I am urge incontinent, have always felt urgency from when I was a kid growing up, it gradually got worse as life went on, feels just like you describe it. If seeing a doctor could clear up what is happening, you might worry a lot less..Hoping you feel better soon....

I started out with OAB which gradually lead to IC (Urge incon). Now I have to wear a diaper to keep me dry. Go talk to your doctor about it, just to rule out eventually more serious issues.

In the beginning I was put on medicine for my OAB and urges to go - medication wasn't working and induced horrible sideeffects which made my incontinence seem like a minor issue compared to what the medication induced.

Thank all of you guys. I'm going to try to see a doctor soon.