Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: What's your favorite Top Gear segment?

  1. #1

    Default What's your favorite Top Gear segment?

    A couple of years ago I was introduced to a little show called Top Gear. Now, I get depressed when I can't watch it, and am constantly angered that BBC America chooses not to air the new episodes concurrently with their air date in Britain, and that they haven't made the leap to HD. Being a photographer and a gearhead, I am constantly in awe of the production values and the equipment they get to experience, and I don't think I have laughed more than when the presenters are off on some insane challenge. I particularly enjoyed when they face off with their German counterparts in a grudge match on the season finale. Epic.


    Oh and rather self indulgently, WOOOOHOOOO #500!!

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah, British tv is the best. Top Gear, QI, Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Most of what I watch is British tv as Irish tv isn't great. We get all the BBC channels on Sky (1-4, England, Wales etc. but mostly I watch BBC 1 & 2 NI as it doesn't involve going through other channels selection).

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Now, I get depressed when I can't watch it, and am constantly angered that BBC America chooses not to air the new episodes concurrently with their air date in Britain

    Allow me to blow your mind...

    FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear

    Skip BBCa, skip youcrap, and download the eps. Definitely worth it, and there are a few out there in HD. My favorite episode, the Polar Special, is available in 1080p here:

    Top Gear - Top Gear Polar Special 2007 BBC-HD 1080p H 264 AC3 2 0 mkv : TV Shows > Top Gear - Mininova

    Disclaimer... Top Gear and BBC have both stated that they have no qualms about their content being downloaded from torrent networks. It's perfectly legal, and the torrents linked from Finalgear are safe and very good quality.

  5. #5

    Default

    The one where the show ends.


    God, I surely do hate cars.

  6. #6

    Default

    Fire, have you seen it? It isn't like Motorweek or anything... It's car-centric, but there are a lot of other features they do that aren't necessarily car related, or are about other things, but doing them in cars. There is a reason it's the #1 most watched show in the world.

    The camping episode is hilarious.

    YouTube - Top Gear - Caravan Road Challenge - BBC

  7. #7

    Default

    Ah, Top Gear!

    I really enjoy episodes where they're given a thousand quid and told to buy a car. As far as I know, there have been at least three episodes like that:

    The racing episode,
    the moving van episode,
    and the Alfa-Romeo episode.



    Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Fire, have you seen it? It isn't like Motorweek or anything... It's car-centric, but there are a lot of other features they do that aren't necessarily car related, or are about other things, but doing them in cars. There is a reason it's the #1 most watched show in the world.

    The camping episode is hilarious.

    YouTube - Top Gear - Caravan Road Challenge - BBC
    I don't want to ruin it for anyone:

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Allow me to blow your mind...

    FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear

    Skip BBCa, skip youcrap, and download the eps. Definitely worth it, and there are a few out there in HD. My favorite episode, the Polar Special, is available in 1080p here:

    Top Gear - Top Gear Polar Special 2007 BBC-HD 1080p H 264 AC3 2 0 mkv : TV Shows > Top Gear - Mininova
    You, Sir, are my HERO! TG Australia? Oh Shit! *Bookmarkx2*

  9. #9
    Falkio

    Default

    Top Gear is a great show! I just watch him on You Tube. Anyone seen the one where he tests a Ferrari Enzo? Its a V12 monster.

  10. #10

    Default

    I seen a few episodes of it and its a good show, if you like cars.

    Me on the other hand the only cars I like are called mini-copper and even then I am not really into their preformace, I just care about its look. It's one of a kind :P

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Car
    By Secret in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 22-Oct-2008, 08:58
  2. What Is Your Favorite Color?
    By betagame in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-Aug-2008, 19:21
  3. What's your favorite food?
    By Pojo in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 18-Jul-2008, 15:54
  4. Metal Gear Damn
    By mizzycub in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-May-2008, 19:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.