Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: partner wife 2 be help :-(

Default partner wife 2 be help :-(

Im jst having a difficult time talking to my partner about my ab side when i first told her she made a effort to understand my ab side and to try join in at looking after me. over the last 2 yrs she hasnt made any effort to baby me or do anything she lets me wear nappies but threw my bottles out onesie and anything babyish apart from my nappies this was a yr ago because i was moving in with her while she was throwing them owt she promised 2 get me some new ones this is getting me really down and depressed i feel withdrawn and upset most days and it really hurts i never forced anything on her she didnt want 2 do infact the most she has done is fed me a bottle my feeling feel supressed and its sending me mad i dnt fell i can talk about 2 her i she is very sesative and gts upset really easy any advice would b appreciated i really dont want 2 leave her as we have 2 kids 2gether and i really love her more than i can put in words :-)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebabyb View Post
    Im just having a difficult time talking to my partner about my ab side when i first told her she made a effort to understand my ab side and to try join in at looking after me. over the last 2 yrs she hasn't made any effort to baby me or do anything she lets me wear nappies but threw my bottles out onesie and anything babyish apart from my nappies this was a yr ago because i was moving in with her while she was throwing them out she promised 2 get me some new ones this is getting me really down and depressed i feel withdrawn and upset most days and it really hurts i never forced anything on her she didn't want 2 do in fact the most she has done is fed me a bottle my feeling feel suppressed and its sending me mad i don't fell i can talk about 2 her i she is very sesative and gets upset really easy any advice would b appreciated i really don't want 2 leave her as we have 2 kids 2gether and i really love her more than i can put in words :-)
    I hope things get better for you

Thank u i jst dnt know how to open up 2 her wiv out upsettin her im losin my ab side and it killin me im not type of person to say oh everythings bad in my life im a joker and jolly and happy person but this is eatin me up i cant shake it off my mind and i dnt wonna lose apart of me

Hey there, sorry your feeling so low at the moment. What I think is happening here is a lack of balance. Something we all need to be able to manage being AB, but something which sadly is really tough to achieve.

When we have permission to express our little self freely it is wonderful and hard to contain, but little sides can be very greedy for our time and attention.

What to do? Well, the reality is that you have a partner there that you love and two kids who deserve to have you as the man/lover and father they expect. I think you've got to focus on that and make sure those relationships are healthy....then you are in the strongest position to discuss your other needs with your partner.

Unfortunately, I know how it feels to have a partner who allows you to express your little side but is reluctant to participate. This is something I've been talking through with her a bit lately. It seems that her fear is that the more she participates, the more I'll want.....I can actually see where she's coming from because let's face it ..... It is awesome.

So patience, perseverance and understanding will hopefully pay off in the long run. Good luck love your family buddy and keep talking bro.

Thank u ozbub the only issue is i do my best 4 all my family and put them first and make sure there happy i do everthing 4 them because i love the bones of them they r my world i jst need this support from my partner as it effects me as a person i feel i do my best and more but i also feel unwanted by my partner its not tht i need and need its jst at least once a month as me and my partner gt a good few nights alone as grandparents fight 2 have them lol and there a big part of thier lifes 2 my partner has 2 horses that take alot of her time and i feel well a little pushed aside ive even pondered goin 2 a ab nursery to forfill my needs i would b okay if i could av ma dodi and baby things back as i am unable 2 regress and its killing me i jst want my partner 2 walk along side me and not walk alone

You have to talk it out with her. Maybe even plan for some compromise. Are you spending time with her...showing an interest in her horses for example. Also if your doing the ab thing every chance you guys are alone, she might resent that. Are you giving her big time as well?

Yes lol we go on family outings we have date nights were ab is strictly out of bonds i hug her every noght tell her i love her everyday i really dnt ask 4 anything from her i jst like 2 c her happy i feel i give all and put all in but shes not willing 2 make any effort with me ive even gone to part time work 2 spend time with my girls i feel there is no balance with my ab side at all im just allowed 2 wear nappies i feel awkward while changing i feel i might gt shouted at or upset her at one time i was hiding while getin changed because i feel like im not alowed 2 do it even thou she say its fine we have never talked properly about my ab side when i told her the best i could do was wright abdl on a piece of paper to tell her ozbub im really glad that u r talking 2 me and putting ur input in thank u :-)

Seriously, she's not going to understand unless you talk to her. I know it's tough but at least it's not like you're fully breaking the ice with her. I'm guessing she understands that the nappies are a sort of comfort thing, yeah? And it seems like she's super awkward about the ab thing. You have to try and help to understand why being able to regress is important to your emotional health. I know it's not easy..... this is a major hurdle for most of us I reckon. You must start talking with her though ..,. Take your time and plan for it. Don't expect too much right off. Also pick your time carefully...don't go there if she's too tired or stressed.
    Hopefully there are one or two of the partner/caretaker members here who can help.

Yes ur right ozbub i think u hit the nail on the head mabey i do need 2 stop been so scared 2 talk lol she knows nappies are a comfort she is super hard 2 understand and very emotional and complicated but i love her i jst find it so hard 2 talk 2 her when i first told her about my ab side i said she can leave me if it hurts her 2 much or if she dosnt want 2 b with me but i dont want 2 lose her and i think same vise versa when she first fond out she let me wear a onsie :-)

I know when I first told my partner she didn't really know what to do...I think it's all so overwhelming for them that they probably haven't had time to think it through themselves. My partners acceptance kind of spiked initially, but then declined fairly rapidly also .... It could just be the way it goes. I have talked to her quite a bit and things are are still moving slow, but at least in the right direction.

I think her fear that this will take over our relationship is a real concern for her....but I keep reassuring her that this won't ruin our future together and that I can be her man, supporting her and loving her, just that I can do that better if I'm a more balanced person (and well that means attending to my little side which ain't goin away)