Thread: Need help with finding cute outfits

Default Need help with finding cute outfits

I seem to have a serious issue with getting clothes sized right for me. If I go online I would most likely have to pay for something custom made.( I am 6'6" tall and weigh 250 pounds) I can't even get a skirt usually because I am not sure if they would fit me and it's not like I am going to go into the fitting room in front of multiple people and try one on at regular store. Because of this I have a hard time trying to buy anything (outside diapers) that makes me feel more innocent when I get little. What I want is something that I can wear that does not break the bank. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Huum well it is a individual thing I like any thing that resembles Frozen
    (I just went out for ice-cream and picked Blue and pink◕‿◕)
    But it is what you like
    im thin so I can fit into kids sizing so on that front i can not help

Anna

If you just want to avoid the changing rooms, but would be ok with shopping in the woman's section you can try this. For skirts, I would take a measuring tape and measure from your waist down your legs to however long you want the skirt to be. Now you have a visual of how long any skirt that you want to buy should be. Now female sizing is completely awful, so measuring your waist will only help so much. If you can I would give your best guess to the waist size but try to get a skirt with an elastic waist so there is more room for error. You can also pick up a pair of pants that fit you well and look at how big the waist is to see how big of a skirt waist you would need to pick up. Once you have chosen a couple skirts buy them, take them home, try them on, and return them if they don't fit. You can invent some made up lady you are shopping for, but honestly most people will probably not be that interested in what you buy.

Have you tried woman's plus sizes?

Robes are pretty free sized, so if you get a longer one in a larger size, it will probably fit you well. I have seen some very cute ones in the lady's section.

Very large short sleeved shirts will probably also fit you.

They also sell free sized skirts. The are like two pieces of silky material and the waist is just a long thin piece of that silky fabric that you can tie to make the thing into a dress or a skirt or even a shirt. I have a couple and they would fit anyone. Here http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Wrap-Ski...N%3DB00D9CNF0S is an example of what they look like. You can find ones that are shorter or longer. I have seen them in the mall by my house, beach clothing stores, outdoor markets, and flea markets.

There is always Ebay but you will definitely need precise measurements for a better fit.
    Elastic waist and there is fudge room - zipper/button fly it's got to be right on mark.
    Get the size charts of several mail order women's wear outfits.
    Get an idea of the strange sizing and numbers - for you concentrate on the PLUS sizes.
    Find something that is in your size range - eyeball it see if there are measurements if
    not ask the seller a question. If pictures are provided and one or more measurements
    are provided learn how to use a small ruler and interpolate i.e.
    Length of skirt is given 24" but no waist - take ruler and scale the length 24 inches long
    and measured with small a ruler on screen = 6 inches. The ratio is 24=6 or 4 inches for
    every inch of the skirt on the screen - now get the waist measurement with the ruler
    and say that measures 4 inches on the screen which times 4 = 16 inches and doubled
    will give you a 32 inch waist. Ebay sellers commonly use a flat measurement for the
    waist and chest/bust which must be doubled. For the chest/bust the best measurement
    is from the seam at the bottom of the underarm hole across the garment to the other
    underarm hole then doubled - missing this measurement it can be figured if some other
    measurement is provided - it is not an precise exact science but will give you a good
    idea if there is worthy consideration looking and asking questions further.
    One thing to beware of is a seller using a stock photo of similar sized garment.
    The seller shows the same photo regardless of size. Ask Questions definitely !

We have ways to make you fit into your fantasy wear !
    Lycra and spandex can be your friends if sizing is a tad bit off.

Good luck hope this helps a bit !

One vendor on eBay is binkies_n_bows. I haven't personally bought from her, but there was a discussion in 2011(on adisc) about someone who bought a dress from her and was quite happy. She must sell a bunch, given all her offerings.
    I'm not sure who owns the photobucket site, but it appears to have pictures of ton's of her dresses. http://s16.photobucket.com/user/mandmfish/profile/
    If I won the lotto, I'd go nuts ordering a ton of them from her!
    Another vendor you can find on eBay...search on "aunt d" ... with the quote marks. Also customized. I have bought from her and love what I got.

Patricia

Thank you. I will wait to have money for this next month but I will definitely be buying some clothes soon. I need to wait because I need regular looking clothes first anyways for a huge 6'6" lug-nut like myself.I usually have to order from a catalog or something like that to find clothes that fit because of my size anyways. I just figured I might as well get something cute while I was at it anyways. All of you happen to have helped me so far and I greatly appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shran View Post
    If you just want to avoid the changing rooms, but would be ok with shopping in the woman's section you can try this. For skirts, I would take a measuring tape and measure from your waist down your legs to however long you want the skirt to be. Now you have a visual of how long any skirt that you want to buy should be. Now female sizing is completely awful, so measuring your waist will only help so much. If you can I would give your best guess to the waist size but try to get a skirt with an elastic waist so there is more room for error. You can also pick up a pair of pants that fit you well and look at how big the waist is to see how big of a skirt waist you would need to pick up. Once you have chosen a couple skirts buy them, take them home, try them on, and return them if they don't fit. You can invent some made up lady you are shopping for, but honestly most people will probably not be that interested in what you buy.
    Well the length between my waist and my the bottom of my knee is 24" (yes I am a monstrously big fellow) and my waist size is 47"(my jean size is usually 48" at the waist to accommodate the extra bulk of a diaper. I am IC after all and I was into diapers the past 21 years before that anyways) . My bones are naturally large and broad as well. I don't mind the idea of the imaginary girlfriend because this would not be far from the truth. I have lot's of female acquaintances and it's not unusual for me to buy stuff like that for them as a gift or something anyways. (usually I just get perfume for them or something like that.) It was just I was thinking once I walked out the door with the clothes I could not return them. (that's just the policy of most stores in my area) usually this would not be a problem because I could try something on in the fitting rooms at places that would have something in my size but I know I would draw stares if someone saw me head to a fitting room with a skirt because it would be obvious that I plan on trying it on. (I only like to get my girly on when I regress. I am otherwise not into cross dressing otherwise). I guess I can call a store and ask about their return policy just to make sure but I am certain that I am not allowed to return something after walking out the door with it.

Have you tried woman's plus sizes?
    I have never tried woman's clothes period actually. About the only thing I have ever tried was a makeshift skirt made out of peach colored under-pads which did in fact get results for me however poorly. The fact of the matter is this is a whole new market for me.

Robes are pretty free sized, so if you get a longer one in a larger size, it will probably fit you well. I have seen some very cute ones in the lady's section.
    I like that idea actually. The robe would only need to get past my knee's technically for that to work but I am extremely broad shouldered. My shoulders are about as big as a average sized person(5'8" or less) wearing football pads on their shoulders usually. It's possible I could get a robe that is long enough but not big enough in the shoulders. I have accidentally done a accidental "hulk hogan" on X-large t-shirts before.(I.E I flex my shoulders muscles by rolling my arms forward towards my chest and I have ripped out the back of shirts before on accident.) I would be quite concerned of this happening with a robe that I bought.

Very large short sleeved shirts will probably also fit you.
    I hope they come in at least size 2X because that is my idea of a tight fitting white T-shirt. A 3X-4X in women's sizes would not be out of the question either I think. I am built like a brick. Go to a college football game and take a look at the linebackers I am about as big as the averaged sized ones on that team most likely.

They also sell free sized skirts. The are like two pieces of silky material and the waist is just a long thin piece of that silky fabric that you can tie to make the thing into a dress or a skirt or even a shirt. I have a couple and they would fit anyone. Here http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Wrap-Ski...N%3DB00D9CNF0S is an example of what they look like. You can find ones that are shorter or longer. I have seen them in the mall by my house, beach clothing stores, outdoor markets, and flea markets.
    alright this looks like my best bet. thank you so much.