Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of diapers.... The feels

Default Getting rid of diapers.... The feels

Im not purging just so y'all know but when I bought my first pack they were too small. Dooable but uncomfortable and after purchasing ones that will fit I decided to get rid of my old stash to make way for the ones that will work better.

But I got sad.

Like it was hard getting rid of them, even though they don't fit me and I wasn't wearing them for that reason. It was like just having them made me feel comforted and watching my stash go down like that made me sad and I actually considered not doing it.

I kept a few just so my diaper drawer won't be empty till my others arrive but ha anyone else ha a similar experiance?

Any ideas why getting rid of them would make me feel that way?

Yea, I am not sure either. I kept ones that were way too small for almost a year just to use as booster pads. Then when it became very rare for me to diaper and get into my comfort zone I pitched them. I had plans on eventually pitching the ones that fit me too but after getting back into giving my little side attention I started using them again something about the comfort and the satisfaction of warming them up while wetting makes my little side feel more complete.

I plan on getting more when I can afford another big order. I hope I can next week.

Probably because you were excited about it and then it ended up not working out. I've never gotten sad throwing out diapers but I think I understand what you are talking about, When you build something up in your head and then it ends being disappointing.

It is probably because you were excited about them, only to be disappointed when they didn't fit. You should have kept them as stuffers. After all, you did pay for them and should still get your money's worth out of them. I know I was disappointed when I bought a pack of small goodnites and they didn't fit me, but they were too cute to just get rid of so I kept them as stuffers.

The only thing I can conclude is that your first exciting feeling drowned because this is your first pack...right? It's just like getting a very awesome video game for the first time ever only to find out it was a complete let-down or the game broke upon releasing out of packaging. So for your small package return, your excitement levels just dropped and you became sad of course which is normal.

Lots of AB/DL's (I think I am sure) hate when they have a low stash, no stash, or have to replace something that is small/big/broken but it is common. As for you, I feel sad for you that you went through this, therefore I'm sorry. I have never had the experience and I hope I don't one day but if I do, I will just have to cope with it.

One of my first packages, I bought then tried to put on in a public restroom. They were too small, so I put the whole package into the trash, then went to another store and bought the next size up.

Gut wrenching, seeing as I was anxious and nervous enough already, but I managed. ( Some janitor was probably confused when he emptied that trash, or lucky. . . maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Im not purging just so y'all know but when I bought my first pack they were too small. Dooable but uncomfortable and after purchasing ones that will fit I decided to get rid of my old stash to make way for the ones that will work better.

But I got sad.

Like it was hard getting rid of them, even though they don't fit me and I wasn't wearing them for that reason. It was like just having them made me feel comforted and watching my stash go down like that made me sad and I actually considered not doing it.

I kept a few just so my diaper drawer won't be empty till my others arrive but ha anyone else ha a similar experiance?

Any ideas why getting rid of them would make me feel that way?
    Yeah, for me it's more of a collector thing... I like to get as many types of cute diapers as I can. I wish I could wear them all and I can't, but I just want to keep them anyway. Also being they were your original ones, they probably hold more sentimental value as well. I used to go the stuffer route, but lately that isn't of interest to me. Also there's the "potential value"... I do have some rare diapers now! I've kept the original Mickey Mouse pullups with one of the packages I had in original sealed condition - now they are worth a lot more than they ever were. (For those that don't know, they were like the ~1995-1996 era and were the ones that were considered "too absorbent" and more like a diaper than the others and the story was that when parents complained kids couldn't feel wet they got thinner after that and less absorbent because they weren't supposed to hold as much or some reason along those lines)

I have a bunch of old plastic pants that could still be worn, as well as cloth diapers. I don't wear them for a number of reasons, but I see no reason to throw them out, so they stay in the house, taking up closet space. I think it's just something we do, when it's about diapers.

I still have some Cruisers 6 that I can't wear. I'm still keeping them around just in case I actually decide to hop on the stuffer bandwagon. Perhaps you felt that you could've used them for the same purpose. On top of that, throwing away perfectly good diapers isn't always easy to do for us.