Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: So....

  1. #1

    Default So....

    I think I am finally going to overcome my fear of buying diapers in public. No idea when, how, why, or who it will be with but I'm going to do it. I've decided that if I truly want to accept who I am, I need to do this. Everyone has given great tips on good brands, online and offline, so that will be interesting. I hope it all goes well, wish me luck peeps!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Good luck! I can buy Goodnites without any fear, but I'd probably be really nervous if I had to buy adult sizes in public unless it was a medical store. But funny thing, I don't dare touch adult sizes that you can buy in a typical store because they usually suck. Like as in Goodnites would be better than anything I'd get in adult sizes anyway =P

  4. #4

    Default

    Just remember the first time is the hardest time. You will feel so much better afterwards though.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    A few tips:

    First, do not think about it and do not hesitate. You want everyone else to think this is just a routine trip for you. Do not circle around the store trying to build up the courage or stand in the aisle trying to pick one out. If you do something that seems out of the ordinary, people may ask questions, so act naturally.

    As for when, try to do it early in the morning on a weekday when there are few people in the store. You want to avoid having to stand in any sort of line. Self-checkout is a godsend in these situations.

    Try to go alone or with someone who already knows your desires or believes a cover story . . .In the middle of the store is not the appropriate place to reveal your desires/cover story to anybody.

    I know people on here distrust any store brand adult diapers, but they really are not that bad if you are sensible. Consider this, just about any insurance plan that covers adult diapers, cover enough to allow 10 changes a day for a month. (30 days x 10 = 300 pads/briefs, do not get any ideas, this usually has to have a confirmed diagnosis for an underlying cause of incontinence to apply) I personally, as a big heavy set dude, could flood a Walmart Assurance brief and not leak; however, they could not handle another full flood, but if you can flood that much in two and a half hours repeatedly, you may need to see a doctor or cut back on fluids anyway.

    Anyway, it was only recently I bought my first package. I planned the excursion for a few weeks and it was over in five minutes. So, do not think too much about it.

    Good luck.

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default

    Just remember - The Cashiers and people around couldn't care less about what your buying, and will forget you were ever in there 2 min after you leave.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Just remember - The Cashiers and people around couldn't care less about what your buying, and will forget you were ever in there 2 min after you leave.
    And even if they do remember you, it'll be "some guy was in here buying diapers"

    That's right, some guy. Welcome to ADISC, Some Guy! Do you have any pets? =P

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Icekuro View Post
    good work it'll all work out fine
    Due to a recent financial issue, not sure when it will be, but thank you all the same. I appreciate the support

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Good luck! I can buy Goodnites without any fear, but I'd probably be really nervous if I had to buy adult sizes in public unless it was a medical store. But funny thing, I don't dare touch adult sizes that you can buy in a typical store because they usually suck. Like as in Goodnites would be better than anything I'd get in adult sizes anyway =P
    I will take that into account, I have a rather slender figure so I probably would fit into non-adult sizes to some degree. Thanks for the input :P

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo12 View Post
    Just remember the first time is the hardest time. You will feel so much better afterwards though.
    Ah, how very true. I can relate that to many other experiences. I'm sure it will get easier after the first time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Wishing you the best of luck in your padded search of buying!
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the wishes of luck haha, I'm going to need it!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAaron View Post
    A few tips:

    First, do not think about it and do not hesitate. You want everyone else to think this is just a routine trip for you. Do not circle around the store trying to build up the courage or stand in the aisle trying to pick one out. If you do something that seems out of the ordinary, people may ask questions, so act naturally.

    As for when, try to do it early in the morning on a weekday when there are few people in the store. You want to avoid having to stand in any sort of line. Self-checkout is a godsend in these situations.

    Try to go alone or with someone who already knows your desires or believes a cover story . . .In the middle of the store is not the appropriate place to reveal your desires/cover story to anybody.

    I know people on here distrust any store brand adult diapers, but they really are not that bad if you are sensible. Consider this, just about any insurance plan that covers adult diapers, cover enough to allow 10 changes a day for a month. (30 days x 10 = 300 pads/briefs, do not get any ideas, this usually has to have a confirmed diagnosis for an underlying cause of incontinence to apply) I personally, as a big heavy set dude, could flood a Walmart Assurance brief and not leak; however, they could not handle another full flood, but if you can flood that much in two and a half hours repeatedly, you may need to see a doctor or cut back on fluids anyway.

    Anyway, it was only recently I bought my first package. I planned the excursion for a few weeks and it was over in five minutes. So, do not think too much about it.

    Good luck.
    In response to each line:
    1. That is usually the way to do it. I know I can't hover, so more than likely I will have to do any contemplation in the car prior to entering the store.

    2. Timing is everything, I don't want to run into someone I know. If I did, it would probably delay the purchase of the intended target item. I would of course do a quick visual sweep of the store to make sure I don't see anyone who is likely to stop and chat.

    3. My girlfriend knows all about the diaper thing and is totally okay with it. She even thinks it is cute and loves the idea of it. Even went as far as to say she'd be a 'mommy' if I wanted her to be o.o talk about an accepting significant other. I was thinking I'd do the trip with her when I have the time, money, and vehicle to get there.

    4. I am skinny as a rail but muscled. My waist is probably about 27 inches around. So, I am totoally okay with getting adult diapers or whatever works.I think I will be okay in the wetting department of things.

    5. I hope my trip is the same. No complications, total simplicity, and absoulte ease

    6. Thanks

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by santa22 View Post
    Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it went
    I will certainly make a post about how it went! It's all apart of the process eh?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Just remember - The Cashiers and people around couldn't care less about what your buying, and will forget you were ever in there 2 min after you leave.
    I unfortunetely have a tendency to be remembered for my well according to some, 'attractive' appearance. I know that no one REALLY cares on a deeper level but I'm more concerned with someone making an off the cuff remark. I'm sure however, that I truly have nothing to worry about.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    And even if they do remember you, it'll be "some guy was in here buying diapers"

    That's right, some guy. Welcome to ADISC, Some Guy! Do you have any pets? =P
    This some guy has four pets in total. One female golden retriever, one female brindle retriever, two female cats one short-haired calico the other white and gray.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.