Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World reaction?

Default World reaction?

How do you think the world would react if some of the biggest celebs were to open up the closets to reveal they are AB/Dl?

I actually think it would make things worse than they are now. Sure, ABDLs don't have the best reputation with the media and society as a whole, but when we tell people close to us that this is an important part of our lives, they generally (and rightly) believe us. I feel that if tons of celebrities came out as ABDL, it would be seen as a trend, and even worse, as some insincere game of dress-up for bored, rich people. Whilst the idea of knowing that Kanye West likes to sleep with his plushies too would be kind of cool, I don't think a mass coming-out of the rich and famous would do us any real good as a community.

I didn't think it would either, I just wanted to know what others thought on the subject.

i was wondering the same thing for a while. but i guess i see your point about that. It would be seen as a trend and more people would do it just because someone famous did it, not because they want to like us.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuperHero14 View Post
    How do you think the world would react if some of the biggest celebs were to open up the closets to reveal they are AB/Dl?
    I would say one thing,

C'mon...admit it!

On a more serious note, might be a real drag. AB/DL's are shunned by people but we still stand up strong to them! You see, If one was to admit, then the media would be all over them and actually would damage their relationship with their friends and family who actually care for what they really are than actually a celebrity. Anything that is low and bad that is admitted by the person will lose their popularity. On another point there, if they keep doing the stupid thing over and over, they might be questioned over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I would say one thing,

C'mon...admit it!

On a more serious note, might be a real drag. AB/DL's are shunned by people but we still stand up strong to them! You see, If one was to admit, then the media would be all over them and actually would damage their relationship with their friends and family who actually care for what they really are than actually a celebrity. Anything that is low and bad that is admitted by the person will lose their popularity. On another point there, if they keep doing the stupid thing over and over, they might be questioned over and over.

I could see it haha XD Maybe she would write a song about it. But, yes I think it might be a bit worse if someone did admit it.

Maybe if a large amount of high list celebrities came out, given enough time, it could be good? I mean I found the biggest problem when telling people close to me about it was complete general ignorance about it because they had never actually meet or talked to one of us. So maybe if the celebs handled in a subtle manner and explained them selves rationally people would understand more and not jump to hurtful conclusions about abdl's.

Though I do admit this is kinda extremely overoptimistic as it assumes that the media won't miss use and warp the story :/ and also that people won't jump to irrational and hateful conclusions....

I tend to agree with SNaps above.....remember a few years back when it almost seemed like a 'celebrity must do' to disclose their personal experience of childhood trauma? of course I know that their are a number of high profile people who feel an obligation to put their influence to good use, but when it begins to become a trend, somehow it loses credibility.......which unfortunately tends to diminish the plausibility/credibility of the disclosure of regular people with those close to them. Also, think of Miley...hmmm serious AB ...... or just a game player for attention

btw...Taylor Swift

NotSoSuperHero14 - Some of the biggest celebrities and most famous public figures are, in fact, members of the ABDL community, and several of them have been very open about it in the media (which has more or less ignored their disclosures, for obvious reasons). - However, they are fully entitled to their personal privacy, and it is not for anyone else to publicly disclose their ABDL interests.

Quote Originally Posted by kikee View Post
    NotSoSuperHero14 - Some of the biggest celebrities and most famous public figures are, in fact, members of the ABDL community, and several of them have been very open about it in the media (which has more or less ignored their disclosures, for obvious reasons). - However, they are fully entitled to their personal privacy, and it is not for anyone else to publicly disclose their ABDL interests.
    Could you imagine if someone really famous admitted to this? like if Johnny Depp or Selena Gomez admitted to being like this. It would be awesome to know that its something famous people do. But there would suddenly be a shortage of diapers because then everyone will be wanting to wear them just because someone famous does.