Thread: rudolph the red-nosed reindeer

Default rudolph the red-nosed reindeer

Did anyone else watch rudolph the red-nosed reindeer 50th anniversary yesterday?
    Hard to believe that movie is that old

First congratulation on getting you green color.

Second, Yes I can believe it is that old. I had to help get the dishes dried so We could watch it when it aired for the first time in 1964, and I have watched it one way or another every year since then.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    First congratulation on getting you green color.

Second, Yes I can believe it is that old. I had to help get the dishes dried so We could watch it when it aired for the first time in 1964, and I have watched it one way or another every year since then.
    Wish i had a chance to watch it yesterday, but i was busy just about all day

I don't remember if I have seen it. I think I have but it was probably a long time ago. I do remember how the old stuff can always be better than the new stuff. It's always a fight between the old and the new which is either awesome about the fights or pretty pitiful.

I should watch the movie soon.

Off topic but Example,

The L-1011 Tristar looks like a badass three-engined jet.

Compared to the DC-10/MD-10 that already had a bad start in 1970.

No, I missed it on Monday. When I realized yesterday was the 9th I was a little upset about missing it.

Funny how a retail store helped changed Christmas forever. A company called Montgomery Ward handed out booklets of the poem of Rudolph which was written by Robert May back in 1939. Back then people snatched up more than 3 million copies.

I can believe it's 50 years old. What I can't believe is that I'm 66 years old. Damn!

I don't remember if I've seen the movie, but do remember Gene Autry when he came out with the song.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I can believe it's 50 years old. What I can't believe is that I'm 66 years old. Damn!
    I first watched it when I was 6 years old. One of the few TV shows my Mom & Dad let me watch in the evening at this time of year.

I remember watching those movies when I was a little kid. I would get so excited that I couldn't go to sleep when I then had to go to bed. I still get almost as excited. I guess they bring back all those old, or in this case, young feelings.