Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kicked out of train

Default Kicked out of train

Hey,

So i was going to work by train, ( usually i always travel by train for about the lenght of one and a half hour) when i had a realy big bm, (involuntary, i am both fecal and urine incontinent). So i tried and change right away, to bad the train bathroom was already being used so i decided to go back and try again in ten minutes. When i came back the toilet was still in use. So i got back to my seat and decided to wait again. When i got back, some other passengers started complaining about the smell i apoligized right away and explained that i am incontinent
    And didnt have an opertunity to change yet. The womans didnt understand and kept complaining about the smell. A conductor came by and asked what was wrong. I explained everything again, but so did the group of womans. And now comes the weird part. THE CONDUCTOR ASKS ME TO LEAVE THE TRAIN AT THE NEXT STOP...
    I said that i paid for this ticket and that Incontinence is something i cant control.

I found it very rude of the Conductor. but i still left the train

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?
    Feel free to post your Opinion/Experience
    Last edited by ImaFish; 10-Dec-2014 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFish View Post
    [...]

No, I have not experienced anything like this...

I will say... no matter how unintentional... BM, and other strong body odors tend to make some people feel ill... The conductor's only option, was to reprieve the majority... I would assume though, once you did get cleaned up... you could board the next train?

I believe that you should've been afford that courtesy...

It's a pretty confined area, and BM is laden with bacteria (that's what makes it stink so much!) ...so, it does present a degree of public health hazard...

Did the conductor say anything, after you told him that you're incontinent?

I am sympathetic to your experience!

Take care,
    -Marka

I can't believe how rude some people can be, its not your fault and they shouldnt have thrown you off the train like that.

I didnt want any problems so i told the Conductor i would leave the train and just get late at work, strangely enough the Conductor thanked me... and i can still understand that its unhealthy but couldnt he allow me to stay and wait till the toilet was free and let me change? I partly agree with marka and he said its better for me to leave the train, change at the next stop, and take the next train because those poeple where realy anoyed but so was I, because i still had to be late at work. Anyway thats my opinion.

Thnx and i know santa, the conducor wasnt angry or anything like that but some poeple just tend to dont even try and understand

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFish View Post
    Hey,

So i was going to work by train, ( usually i always travel by train for about the lenght of one and a half hour) when i had a realy big bm, (involuntary, i am both fecal and urine incontinent). So i tried and change right away, to bad the train bathroom was already being used so i decided to go back and try again in ten minutes. When i came back the toilet was still in use. So i got back to my seat and decided to wait again. When i got back, some other passengers started complaining about the smell i apoligiced right away and explained that i am incontent
    And didnt have an opertunity to change yet. The womans didnt understand and kept complaining about the smell. A conducter came by and asked what was wrong. I explained evrything again, but so did the group of womans. And now comes the weird part. THE CONDUCTOR ASKS ME TO LEAVE THE TRAIN AT THE NEXT STOP...
    I said that i paid for this ticket and that Incontinence is something i cant control.

I found it verry rude of the Conductor. But i still left the train

Does Amsterdam have laws that require public transportation systems to reasonably accommodate physical disadvantages? I know about this in the U.S (I am actually in a lawsuit right now regarding this involving my local bus system) This looks like discrimination based upon a physical handicap but I am not sure how that works in Amsterdam. You could file charges I think assuming laws like that exist in your country actually.

MATTTYCO

I have been informed by TSA at the airport, to remove my wet diaper, and replace it with one that they tested for explosives - from my carry on. Two inspectors stayed in the room, but one turned their back to provide me with half privacy.

Still, kind of an odd request - that they insisted upon before I entered the terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by MATTTYCO View Post
    I have been informed by TSA at the airport, to remove my wet diaper, and replace it with one that they tested for explosives - from my carry on. Two inspectors stayed in the room, but one turned their back to provide me with half privacy.

Still, kind of an odd request - that they insisted upon before I entered the terminal.
    It's the whole liquids thing I bet. Makes sense to me but sucks. Then again even if I was IC I wouldn't want to be at a airport in a already wet diaper before boarding anyways.

I have had BM's in public many times. In this case if a bathroom was not available on the train then it makes sense to get off the train and find a bathroom where you could change. I would have almost preferred this option just to get a larger bathroom rather than one that's probably cramped. It's not a good situation any way you look at it.

I've also been late to work or had to leave work early due to unexpected diaper messes. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but it's part of having bowel issues. The last thing you need though is a messy diaper AND a bunch of angry people glaring at you or worse. In the end, it's probably best you got off the train.

Yeah, I think this has two sides. On the one, at least in the U.S., we have laws regarding handicapped people. But on the other, people have to have some modicum of comfort, and smell is part of that. I agree with Spaz, that if it was me, I would prefer to get off, find a larger and more convenient bathroom and take care of the problem, which actually, is what you did. I'm sorry that it happened, and that you had to accommodate everyone else.

There are so many things in life that are unfair. My wife was born as a diabetic, and now has lost her right leg. So yes, life sucks, but the happiest people find ways to cope, and in this case, leaving and using a bathroom was your coping strategy. By being polite and complying, you were the bigger and greater person.