Thread: yet another update

Default yet another update

Hey everyone so this will probably be my last update for a while since I have nothing happening until my urodynamics testing in several months.
    Had my doctors appointment today discussed pain discussed protection discussed the incontinence in general
    he was unable despite extensive searching to find anything regarding prescriptions or anything of the sort for protection
    he said that he has seen a number of patients that experience the same pain that I do and that there isnt really any cause for it that he can see especially since it is so infrequent
    on the topic of my incontinence he said that while I should wait for the urodynamics and see what comes of it going from my urologists findings he basically told me some people just have really screwed up bladders and that he believes that to be the case for me
    he said that he thinks it may be to do with the nerves around the bladder and that i might just be stuck with the problems
    i talked briefly with one of my parents on the subject following the appointment
    the opinion that my parents have is that this is at least partly psychological and that any physical aspect of it can be cured somehow via exercise or some other means despite what my doctor and urologist have said
    the parent in question also still finds the idea of protection disgusting especially for someone my age and says that to wear it would be giving up and trying to treat the symptom instead of the problem
    well thats it for now
    i welcome any posts i will reply when possible if any posts are made i check the forums quite often during the day
    thankyou in advance for any posts
    (sorry about the awful punctuation its quite late and im very tired)

I have never told my parent about my incontinence - simply due to the fact you so well pointed out.
    No one who doesn't have to deal with incontinence van know the burden it bears. Having to relive yourself all the time (being a toilet slave) plus the sudden urges coming out of nowhere, meaning you either have to find a toilet in matter of minutes or wet yourself. They cannot understand that diapers or any sort of protection is a relief.

Even my wife who knows and accepts my way of dealing with my incontinence cannot understand frankly speaking that I somewhat have given up and instead resort to use my diaper and then move on, change when need be and that's it!

Off course I still use the toilet when I'm around, but to be honest, if I'm not close to it I just go in my diaper.
    Yes, it has worsen the condition so now, I wet more frequently - the advantage of this, is I never flood my diaper anymore.

Acceptance is key, and then you can give a rats ass about other peoples meaning.

unfortunately for me protection isnt an option as i stated previosuly it goes against my parents wishes so Im stuck in my current situation
    for now I cant really do anything about it

BordercollieTrigger

Hey should actually try make parents change mind if are incontinent no choice then get heavy absorbent diapees and inform parents theres no choice for you. Its something that will get worse and more embarrassing if can't be diapered its a must for you. I can't give any better advice never was in situation and not incontinent so I tried my best i had to help abit.

Well it seems that only only option you have, is to ask your doctor inform your parents about how incontinence works.

Another thing, I'd be pissed if it was my parents denying me a meaningful and stressfree life simply by wearing the needed protection.

Instead they sounds like they are contributing to make each day of yours a living hell with wet pants, bullying etc.
    Go get those diapers and start wearing them now, and get on with your life until either you can be cured (Not likely, sorry to say) or your parents accept you as you are with this minor defect.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheAverageMan View Post
    Well it seems that only only option you have, is to ask your doctor inform your parents about how incontinence works.

Another thing, I'd be pissed if it was my parents denying me a meaningful and stressfree life simply by wearing the needed protection.

Instead they sounds like they are contributing to make each day of yours a living hell with wet pants, bullying etc.
    Go get those diapers and start wearing them now, and get on with your life until either you can be cured (Not likely, sorry to say) or your parents accept you as you are with this minor defect.
    Dealing with the incontinence currently is certainly difficult granted since it began I barely leave the house due to it
    buying protection myself is not currently possible due to me being unable to work
    ideally i would buy protection and get on with things until my next medical appointment but that is unfortunately impossible
    my mothers opinion is that wearing protection would be avoiding the problem and that at my age it would be seen as disgusting and generally unappealing
    I will reiterate I have no problem with protection if it were possible i would wear it as it would allow me to leave the house instead of sitting here all day I also understand that in my case there may be nothing that can be done but until my urologist has ruled out everything and has directly said the incontinence cannot be cured then i doubt my parents will listen

Im sorry for ur situation. Ur parents sound like they're letting their preconceived ideas about diapers (societys views) get in the way of common friggin sense . Especially considering that a doctor is saying u need diapers. That's rediculous. Good luck with trying to get diapers and I hope u get thme soon.