Thread: Wellness Brief (classic) pinhole leaks still?

Default Wellness Brief (classic) pinhole leaks still?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here order the classic version of the Wellness Brief? I'm talking about the older version they had before the Superio came out.

Do they still have a pinhole leak problem?

I ordered a sample, but not through Wellness directly. Out of the pack of 2, one had the leak, and one did not. I am thinking that the company I ordered from might have had old stock.

Thanks for your help

I think they have to be considered a poor risk both from experience and even more from their own website (http://wellnessbriefs.com/index.php/...ack-large.html) where they state:

"Note: If you are looking for a brief that can handle the stress of constant movement for an active lifestyle and due to that will not ever have pinholes or rip, we strongly suggest you order our advanced Wellness® Brief Superio® Series."

This is a real shame, since before this became a problem, they had become my favorite lower capacity diaper and nothing has really replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think they have to be considered a poor risk both from experience and even more from their own website (http://wellnessbriefs.com/index.php/...ack-large.html) where they state:

"Note: If you are looking for a brief that can handle the stress of constant movement for an active lifestyle and due to that will not ever have pinholes or rip, we strongly suggest you order our advanced Wellness® Brief Superio® Series."

This is a real shame, since before this became a problem, they had become my favorite lower capacity diaper and nothing has really replaced it.

Those were my favorite too :/ Kind of annoying that they will continue to produce a product, knowing it has defects.

I still buy them somewhat often and the pinhole issue is hit or miss, my last case of 60 had about 15 that leaked due to pinhole issues the rest did not have a problem, they were size large, now this time I ordered size XL and have not had any leaks at all so the purple plastic on the XL must be somehow different than the green size large and I cant comment on the mediums because even though I am in their size range they dont fit me.Lastly if you get some that do have pinholes just wear underwear over the diaper and put a light pad in the underwear to trap the leaks it works good and keeps you from wasting diapers that would have leaked otherwise!

The basic wellness briefs (not the superios) have always had large sap grains visible as dimples on the outside of the shell. Bambino has had this problem in the past, as did Dry24/7 (before CD), it's an issue of them trying to use more sap and that increases the chances of large grains ending up by the shell.

The pinhole leaks occur when the dry diaper rubs against clothing, the dimple bump from the sap gets high wear when rubbing on your clothing (jeans especially) and the thin shell that stretches over the sap grain gets worn away, and that's going to be a pinhole leak now.

Best defense is to wear boxers over your diaper. They do a good job of preventing sap dimples from turning into pinhole leaks, and also prevent thin shelled diapers from getting a vertical split due to weakening from rubbing against the crotch seam in your jeans. (incidentally, I had the split problem the most frequently with wellness regular also... they must use a more fragile shell than the average diaper)

The last pack I got a few months ago leaked so badly I swore I'd never buy them again.

They are probably using too thin of a mil of plastic on the diaper and thats why the sap grains are penetrating when it rubs

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    The pinhole leaks occur when the dry diaper rubs against clothing, the dimple bump from the sap gets high wear when rubbing on your clothing (jeans especially) and the thin shell that stretches over the sap grain gets worn away, and that's going to be a pinhole leak now.
    Even the compression in the packaging will do it, it doesn't need to be clothes. I had a pack that had pinhole issues just putting them on with soft pajamas over top and laying in bed reading.