Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imaginary friends Had/Have/Still have them

Default Imaginary friends Had/Have/Still have them

When I was a kid I always had imaginary friends 12 to be all (13 if you include ghosts).I still have them to this day. Each one I created was at different moments in my life. one taught me how to fight another how to talk and even how to lie.there a vital part of our lives and i want to know how they shaped yours.

Yeah, I have imaginary friends, though I don't talk to them as often as I did as a kid. For various reasons, I had a pretty challenging childhood (not abusive - my close family were/are kind and caring), and most of my school-friends didn't really understand what I was going through, so I created imaginary friends to help me feel like I could vent to people who understood the situations and emotions I was having to cope with.

On a more prosaic level, I was also quite eccentric growing up, so though I was sociable and had friends, few of them had any of the same interests I did - so it was a way of me discussing the activities and hobbies I enjoyed, without being met with blank stares or incredulity!

i have one imaginary friend still, his name is maxx (dont get confused about the same maxx from this forum!) created him a few years ago. and in a way he is just a more mean version of me.

I remember creating an imaginary friend as a kid - perhaps after reading about them. I don't really remember much about it, so it must have been shortlived, but I'm pretty sure I ''introduced'' it to my mother and said that it wasn't potty trained yet and still wore diapers.

I created Toby when I was 7 and hes still a huge part of my life. He actually talked me into embracing this part of my life, quitting smoking and leaving my ex when things got abusive.

I consider him a vital and important part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I remember creating an imaginary friend as a kid - perhaps after reading about them. I don't really remember much about it, so it must have been shortlived, but I'm pretty sure I ''introduced'' it to my mother and said that it wasn't potty trained yet and still wore diapers.
    Maybe that's what caused you to inadvertently come to this lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    Maybe that's what caused you to inadvertently come to this lifestyle.
    Nah, I had the fetish before then... And basically that was my young mind expressing it :P

Then in a way he was literally you in imaginary form and I find this highly interesting and amazingly awesome at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    Then in a way he was literally you in imaginary form and I find this highly interesting and amazingly awesome at the same time.
    Well, I wouldn't say my imaginary friend was really me... I didn't actually wear diapers back then... I didn't until last year!... But I definitely had an interest in such things. I never really imagined wearing diapers myself when I young, but I was fascinated by stuff like commercials for Pull-Ups on TV or episodes of Rugrats involving potty training. And thus it sort of manifested itself in these ways. Another example would probably be how I colored in a picture of baby Goofy once when I was little, with a yellow spot on his sleeper and the words ''Goofy peed.'' :P

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say my imaginary friend was really me... I didn't actually wear diapers back then... I didn't until last year!... But I definitely had an interest in such things. I never really imagined wearing diapers myself when I young, but I was fascinated by stuff like commercials for Pull-Ups on TV or episodes of Rugrats involving potty training. And thus it sort of manifested itself in these ways. Another example would probably be how I colored in a picture of baby Goofy once when I was little, with a yellow spot on his sleeper and the words ''Goofy peed.'' :P
    well he was an aspect of you that you couldn't really manifest until recently but what I find really interesting is that he disappeared and you barely have any recollection of him. have you ever at one point thought about it and remembered speaking to them maybe if you were even a little over the standard age for imaginary friends.