Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Been wondering if Descent/origins Plays a role in ABDL?

Lightbulb Been wondering if Descent/origins Plays a role in ABDL?

If this is against forum rules, please delete...

Trying to be diplomatic here, but curiosity kills the cat, lol. I've always wondered if ethnicity, origin or culture or something breeds more ABDLs... I understand that it's more of a 1st-world thing, but I'm wondering if any specific group is especially susceptible. I wanted this to be a poll, but I'm not sure that's a good idea, or if I could be fair to everyone and include every reasonably sized group.

So I'll start by saying I'm predominately white with a small amount of Native/Aboriginal blood (Metis), christian roots, and raised by (I believe) a rather conservative family. What about you?

The thing with 1st world is that a lot of the practices of ABDL are associated with the 1st world. Cute disposable diapers or decorated plastic pants are mostly a modern thing. So are most baby clothes, bottles, and the huge variety of toys that are available. People who grow up outside of that culture may have a variety of sexual practices (some of which may include children's things or wetting themselves), but aren't likely to have much in common with the most common ABDL discussions. Additionally, people who have the time and desire to sit on the Internet discussing this stuff tend to favor 1st world or people in developing countries who have access to more goods and wealth than other people.

I'm not sure you could make the same broad claims about race, ethnicity, or religion that you can about socioeconomic differences. Being from a society where you have access to stuff is going to directly correlate with whether your sexual interests correspond with that stuff. Being black or white, on the other hand, doesn't present any obvious reasons to me as to why sexual preferences would develop differently. Everybody uses diapers. Doesn't matter what color your skin or who you worship.

Edit: Also, while I used sex a bunch there, same explanation for the AB side of things. The desire to wear for pleasure, relaxation or stress relief is still contingent on having access to the stuff in order to make you feel safe and nostalgic.

Hmmm, good point? But to the last point, if you are from a very conservative background, then maybe it being more "taboo" draws you! Or maybe culture plays a role, in that you were raised a certain way - like you are expected to be more "proper" in one culture or group and more relaxed in another, just as boys are expected to be more "manly" and may not have had the advantages to be as innocent as girls when they were children - maybe this extra strain from society pushed one toward what they couldn't have? Just my thoughts, but I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Hmmm, good point? But to the last point, if you are from a very conservative background, then maybe it being more "taboo" draws you! Or maybe culture plays a role, in that you were raised a certain way - like you are expected to be more "proper" in one culture or group and more relaxed in another, just as boys are expected to be more "manly" and may not have had the advantages to be as innocent as girls when they were children - maybe this extra strain from society pushed one toward what they couldn't have? Just my thoughts, but I'm just curious.
    You're right; these are plausible reasons. These, however, fall upon upbringing and nurture; not on race and religion (like your thread title and OP suggests).

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Reasonable. The challenge is that I've never seen a consistent explanation for why ABDL develops. My personal one is that I was potty-trained very early (I was barely 2) and I think I somehow missed it or was always curious. But other people potty-trained late and recall fondly their memories of diapers before they got out of them. Similarly, I'm sure there are some people for whom the taboo nature of diapers was an attraction, while others with a looser upbringing got into it through curiosity and a desire to experiment.

I'm not saying you're wrong, by the way. Any of these various things, especially culture and upbringing could indeed contribute to higher or lower than average overall levels of ABDL in a population. It's just that there isn't enough data to know.

The only thing I have seen that a lot of ABDLs have in common has nothin to do with race or religion or even where you live but trauma.

I know that a lot of people say that there isn't a connection between adult babies and abuse or trauma but I've seen an overwhelming percentage of people who were abused or traumatized ending up here.

But what's fascinating is that there is a close to equal percentage of people who have no clue why they do it.

Anywho to answer your question I am a white female, born and raised in America and I wasn't raised with any religion in particular but rather told to study all of them and choose what was best for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I just thought of this but I think that with the massive number of people who don't know why they do it, the mixed background and experiences of each member and the very diverse and sometimes unexplainable variants in the psychological developement in each individual human being there may be absolutely no way to tell who is prone to it and who is not,

I mean, I think the simpleist answer may be the closest thing well ever have to a true explanation and that's that it really is no one thing that makes you this way, it's just a preference like why some people are gay or straight.

I know that's a really frowned upon analogy but it's the closest to the truth I think well ever have.

It's not where you come from or what you know, it's who you are,

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I know that a lot of people say that there isn't a connection between adult babies and abuse or trauma but I've seen an overwhelming percentage of people who were abused or traumatized ending up here.
    A connection is not necessarily causation. Some of the trauma could have been caused by the reaction adults had to a child who appeared to enjoy wearing diapers to the point where they were not developing normally.

I'll echo the points ArchieRoni made about ABDLs in 1st world countries, and add that the sense of risk for ABDLs in these countries are often lower than in other countries. For example, if you're an ABDL based in, say, Wisconsin, you're going to have much less fear about being identified as someone who likes to ageplay and wet diapers than if you're discovered to be posting these things in much more sexually conservative parts of the globe like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Sure, the chance of anyone being outed as an ABDL from what they post online is fairly unlikely, but considering I've worried about posts here and elsewhere I've made on the subject being traced back to me, imagine how much greater that fear would be if I lived in a region with extremely strict doctrines and punishments for anything considered to be sexually unconventional.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    I'll echo the points ArchieRoni made about ABDLs in 1st world countries, and add that the sense of risk for ABDLs in these countries are often lower than in other countries. For example, if you're an ABDL based in, say, Wisconsin, you're going to have much less fear about being identified as someone who likes to ageplay and wet diapers than if you're discovered to be posting these things in much more sexually conservative parts of the globe like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Sure, the chance of anyone being outed as an ABDL from what they post online is fairly unlikely, but considering I've worried about posts here and elsewhere I've made on the subject being traced back to me, imagine how much greater that fear would be if I lived in a region with extremely strict doctrines and punishments for anything considered to be sexually unconventional.
    This is an excellent example. Maybe the population could be disproportionate in one area based on liberal level of freedom of their society. Or maybe just more people are afraid of their government or persecution.

Here's the problem with trying to poll ABDL's by race: It's not going to tell you squat.

Here in the west, other races often have stronger influences of conservative cultural institutions. Increased homophobia, increased misogyny, ect. These put increased pressures on those who might be more weird, for sexuality, kink, gender, even just being geeky, to conform. There's complicated socioeconomic and racism issues that help cause this but that's a bit much go in depth on here. But long story short, of people of other races are likely to face more fear for being 'weird' than Caucasians, no matter what that 'weird' is, you'll see less of them, even if there may be just as many with secret interest.

As simple points, most of the anime conventions I go to have panels about 'Being Black And Into Anime' cause being an anime geek is generally an easier thing to do if you're white or even Asian. When I was at school, some of us were watching some professional gaming online, as the camera panned the audience one of the few black students went so far as to comment that 'You wouldn't see a brother in that audience'. And he was saying it judgmentally, like it wasn't as appropriate for his race to be watching some nerds in a stadium watching Star Craft.

So, yeah, you're not gonna find out what races are more likely to be ABDL. You're just going to see who's even willing to admit it online and that's not a very useful statistic.