Thread: Mighty No. 9 (game thats similar to megaman)

Default Mighty No. 9 (game thats similar to megaman)

Mighty no.9 is a game really similar to megaman i just about everyway. and just wanted to see what people here think.

i'm surprised they werent sewed by nintendo or capcom yet

Mighty No. 9 is made by the dude who quit nintendo I think? At least that's what I heard. There was some kinna little news article about him quiting then he remade Megaman because Megaman was his character to begin with and the people he gave Megaman too, weren't paying him enough or something? Or using him wrong and he didn't like it? I think he quit for some reason though.

I loved Megaman. I'm hoping to play this.

From what I've heard, Mighty No. 9 is a spiritual successor to the Mega Man franchise. It is being headed by Keiji Inafune, who is the actual illustrator and co-designer of the original Mega Man. Basically, the guy left CAPCOM to start his own game company called Comcept.

From what I've heard, Inafune wanted to create the game because CAPCOM just kept on cancelling upcoming Mega Man games, and wanted to get fans involved. Honestly, can you blame him? Aside from SSB4, the only recent media to include anything Mega Man related was that ridiculous cameo in Super Street Fighter.

I believe that the only reason that the game has not been sued yet is because Inafune retains copyright over the franchise, plus the fact that the game itself is only a spiritual successor and is not directly tied to Mega Man.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the game. Not only is it being headed by one of the original team behind the original Mega Man, but the music is going to be co-composed by Takeshi Tateishi (ex-CAPCOM composer for Mega Man 2) and the designs of the various robots are AWESOME

I actually did not kickstart this project but Keiji Inafune and Mighty No. 9 represent a very important part of my gaming life. With the cancellation of MML3 this game represents a hopeful light for many megaman fans that the series can continue under good hands. There will even be a anime from what I remember.

i dont do kickstarter but Im glad Inafune got this project going since Capcom had not love for Megaman. Although Megaman had suffered from bad games. Im sure the hype will drive me to buy this game even if I prefer the early megaman games.