Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacifiers "R" Us (Suspected Malware?)

Default Pacifiers "R" Us (Suspected Malware?)

I just tried to go over to this site and my computer gave me a message warning me of "Suspected Malware".

Is there a real threat? Should I stay away?

Adult Baby Nuk 5 Pacifier (AB) - FREE NUK 5 PACIFIER IN JANUARY!

No such messages here, what browser/AV software are you using? I'm using Firefox 3.0 and Avast! Home Edition.

Hmmm, not familiar with Safari (PC User all the way). Does it generate many false positives?

I got to ask, why would a site that caters to adult baby's have a virus on its site? I can't think of any so I think its safe.

i thought it was unusual. i have been on that site before with no problems

I get the same thing. Avast! popped up and said it blocked somethingorother.

Websites that don't have updated software can be hacked into and viruses/malaware can be embedded on that website. If anti-virus gives you a warning you're better off avoiding that particular site until it has its issues resolved. You could also try contacting the webmaster/creator of the website if their e-mail is listen.

You're also better off avoiding Safari. It's a security disaster, as are most other Apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyWolf View Post
    You're also better off avoiding Safari. It's a security disaster, as are most other Apple products.
    Why don't you just paint a huge bullseye on yourself and get it over with (you're just asking to be proven wrong)?