Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular things you like

Default Unpopular things you like

It's been fun discussing things I dislike which are popular and/or generally revered, and hearing the dislikes of other ADISCers in the 'Popular things...' thread, so I thought I'd do one on the flipside. What are some generally unpopular or much-maligned things you have a soft spot for? Here are a few of mine...

Olive Garden - I remain baffled by how my American friends seem to criticise Olive Garden when the issue of restaurants comes up. It even gets labeled out for special criticism on sites like Cracked, but on the 3 or 4 occasions I've been to Olive Garden, I liked it.

The food was pretty tasty. The portions were decent. It was good value for money, and the service was prompt and friendly. Obviously it's not authentically Italian in any sense, but I think it's pretty good, especially as chain restaurants go.

Kristen Stewart - Yes, she cheated on her boyfriend with a married man. I agree that's totally wrong and callous. However, K-Stew seems to get a lot of hate for other reasons, many of which are ill deserved. She's genuinely a talented actress, which you can see from her engaging performances in Adventureland and Into the Wild, and she even made the otherwise abysmal The Cake Eaters watchable.

I also like that she comes across as shy, deadpan and awkward in interviews, and isn't just another polished, stage-managed Hollywood star.

Whitney - Likeable, engaging and fun, if slightly bland sitcom written by and starring Whitney Cummings. Got an immense amount of flak from critics and didn't last beyond two seasons, but I found it to be a warm and likeable sitcom with a handful of genuinely really funny moments. The hate it got really confused me.

They are so unpopular with a lot of people, but I like diapers! I like wearing them, wetting them and a couple times a year messing them.

I like the Chicago Bears even though this season is in the toilet for them.

I like model planes and trains and hobbies even though with younger people they probably don't have a clue what anything is about unless it has an app, keypad or screen.

I......hmmmm...... *ponders*

Overplayed pop music.

You know those mass produced bleach blond boy/girl bands from like the 90's? I'm talkin nsync, backstreet boys, hansen, spice girls, 98 degrees..... Love them!
    (I do also have good taste in music)

Kesha

I know she looks like she smells like old cheese an vodka but her music is kind of catchy and the woman is a genius, I'm not talking music I mean Mensa grade genius look her up.

Bad movies.

The lower the budget the happier I am. I have a movie that I'm pretty sure spent like 90% o it's budget on the pizza they had delivered at the end of it.

Christmas music in July.

Or may, April, February......anytime of year really.

Ushankas, who doesn't love a hat that keeps your head way to warm and was made over 30 years ago in the U.S.S.R?

I enjoy big band music, you know Frank Sinatra and the like. I also enjoy classical music.

um, ill say watching cartoons at my age. im a bit old. but it never gets old. (but i do watch other shows)
    and listening to rag time music on a piano

Quote Originally Posted by santa22 View Post
    um, ill say watching cartoons at my age. im a bit old. but it never gets old. (but i do watch other shows)
    and listening to rag time music on a piano
    I'm with you on the cartoon thing. I love cartoons. I find normal tv so boring. There are a few shows I like outside of cartoons, but it has to have a good story and character build

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    I'm with you on the cartoon thing. I love cartoons. I find normal tv so boring. There are a few shows I like outside of cartoons, but it has to have a good story and character build
    one show for me thats not a cartoon is charmed.

Final Fantasy 13. The FF game that everyone loves to hate, I for one actually enjoyed it. Well when I got to the 3rd disc of the game I enjoyed it, because the character's became actual characters at that point.