Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I lost my dog

Default I lost my dog

I had my dog for almost 14 year and she past away over the weekend and I really miss her.She was a long hair chihuahua and was very loveable dog because was away by my side no mater what.

She even once help bring me out of seizure when I started going into one and stay with me to help through it.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I've been through that more times than I want. Please take solace in whatever pain she was in is all over now. Have you seen the poem "The Rainbow Bridge"?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you all and at least she in better place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbearboy View Post
    Yeah, think positively. Keep in mind that she's still happy somewhere, and even if she's gone from the physical world, she will always live on in your heart. I have lost many labs growing up and I know how this feels. Just remember that she's gonna be your guardian angel from now on.

I lost a ferret last year, and almost lost a sugar glider about a week ago because of a bonehead friend, and also my first dog back in 2006. I know the feeling. Just remember, anyone worth crying about wouldn't want you to be sad

I'm very, very sorry for your loss, Poohbearboy. It sounds like you loved your dog very much, so I'm sure she must have had a very loving and happy life with you and your family. I hope you're holding up okay, and if you ever want a listening ear, just drop me a PM. I'll be thinking of you. Big hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbearboy View Post
    I,m so sorry my katie had a hart attack thanks giving so I know how you feel .
    I'm hart broken too . Hugs

I too want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My wife and I have lost too many furry loved ones, and it always hurts. John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist Church, believed that animals go to heaven just like us humans.

I'm sure my parents are a little upset at my wife and I because we've had three dogs who have died and we now have the fourth. Somehow, I feel our beloved pets are with them or other family members who have gone before and who love us.

You and I go back quite a few years, so hugs my friend.