Thread: snitching

Default snitching

Yup that title says it for itself lol. What is your thought on it? I myself here this term alot where i live it is stupid to me. Example someone dies a person sees it will report it but not give a description of the person for the term snitching. So i ask all my adisc friends what do you think of snitching? This should be interesting lol

Whaaaaaaat?! People would call the police and say, "I've just found a dead body, but I can't describe what it looks like because snitching!"

I don't get it... :-/

(I hope you don't come across to many... or... ANY dead bodies in your neck of the woods!)

I always thought snitching was just being a tattle-tale, ratting someone out, etc

I think there's a significant difference between "snitching" and providing information for the greater good. I think snitching is like when tell someone's secrets to make trouble/drama. I don't believe in snitching because a lot of times it's not your business to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Whaaaaaaat?! People would call the police and say, "I've just found a dead body, but I can't describe what it looks like because snitching!"

I don't get it... :-/

(I hope you don't come across to many... or... ANY dead bodies in your neck of the woods!)
    Lmao I was tired. what I meant to say is they will see a dead body and the person that shot them but will no say the person that shot them

Snitching: to act as an informer

I think snitching is a good thing in a good society, and a bad thing in a bad society. Society often does not like a snitch and that is duplicitous as anything- it certain balks at kids ratting out other kids for small breaches of rules.

My thought is, that if a rule shouldn't be snitched over, it shouldn't exist at all. We should want to turn each other in to be reformed, for the good of society. Of course, this only if society wants to reform its members instead of using law breaking as an excuse to destroy them.

If you think society acts in a morally correct way in response to breaches of law, then it is morally correct to snitch. If, as I believe, you think over-crowded, rape-filled, dirty jails are no way to rehabilitate anyone then you would only snitch when the damage an individual does to others exceeds the damage jail will do to him. For example, I would tend to turn a person in for murder and rape but not for property crimes or nonviolent drug possession

When I was a kid growing up on the Jersey Shore, snitching is something that almost no one did. Some of my friends came from Mafia families, and the no snitching attitude permeated how we grew up. If you got in trouble because of someone else, you took the rap....usually.

That of course has changed since I grew up and moved away. If I see a crime, I'm calling 911. As another poster said, there is a big difference between snitching and reporting a crime. I don't think snitching is ever respected where as being a good citizen is.