Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble buying a Doll where people know me :(

Question Having trouble buying a Doll where people know me :(

Okay so I'll start off with saying, I'm born biologically male. I've collected and bought some cute things that were not age nor gender appropriate and I always am more drawn to the girl stuffs. I don't know nor can I say if this is a gender difficulty in general, or just I'm more open when I'm in Baby-Mode...But that's a topic for another day.

So here's the dilemma...I'm "male"...Regardless of what I could/should be or whether its a sissy thing...Or a "gay" thing I don't know. But I want this doll... Like I REALLY REALLY want this doll. And I work in a store that sells them... So it's like my place of work - buuuutt I can't exactly be buying dolls at my work, where they all know I only have little boys to buy for (only boys in the family, not my own kids) So they know I'm not married, don't have kids...And pretty much things I buy are evidently FOR ME... I was kinda fixated on them a bit too, you know fixing / straightening the shelf and such a little "more" than normal xD. So I REALLY don't wanna draw attention to that. So ya, I'm also a super price-saver type, and it's Black Friday Weekend...so needless to say I only have a day or so to figure this out. Anyway I got up the nerve to try an online to home order right? Well I wanted my discount (I AM an exployee after all!) So I tried to order and after all that, and the workaround and moving the money onto that VISA debit thing and all... I can't pay with my method of payment and get the discount! ... Unless I order to the store... It was bad enough I had to make up a story to the guy on the phone that I have a "girlfriend" who "collects" them... (I guess that makes me my own GF xD)...But seriously, what am I supposed to do NOW???

Dilemma: I want my discount I am entitled to, can't use it with my method of payment without going into the store, can't go into the store because I work there and everyone knows me...Oh and to add insult to injury? Guess, what - it's a store EXCLUSIVE doll! T_T Only sold there. Also, it's bad enough I'm paying shipping to avoid buying in store to deliver to my home so noone knows because I don't need enough to buy enough to meet the free shipping requirement.

Honestly, on a separate but similar topic, I can't tell you if I want it because of my AB side, or because of a gender thing, which may or may not be related and I don't know nor understand how it relates. All I know is in my mind I keep thinking I want her just because "She's Perfect"... That's all xD Sorry if that's weird. Actually got really depressed the other night over it because all my attempts failed... and it was enough to actually open an account on here to see what others think about it... So pleeasse help, and don't think I'm weird.

You got a name from the angel tree and picked a little girl aged 6 who wants this doll for Christmas. Mommy can't buy it for her and oh how her eyes will light up when she gets this Christmas morning.

That is your cover

That could work.... but we... manage the angel tree. So I'd be expected to go to the office with it, not home! Good idea though.

Would it be possible to go to another location of this store and buy it there?

Plushie honey you like dolls, and it is perfectly ok! By buying a doll your not showing that you instantly want the doll and if anyone asks why you bought it, just say because you liked it. I know it is hard, I know the fear is so painful, but believe me the fear is the worst part!

Although if you were like this guy, I might think you were slightly OTT lol LOL!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6ENrtXjuA

I am intrigued what doll is it? I am having dreams of it being an American Girl Doll, no real reason other than I really would love an AG doll nyself! haha!

My ex boyfriend collects dolls, my dad does too. It's not weird, you could always say you have a neighbor who's daughter you thought of when you saw it.

You want to give it to your mom?
    An aunt or a grandma?
    Any cousins?
    Can you make up a cousin?
    Are you comfortable enough to say that maybe you collect dolls? (odds are good you might get a weird look then it will be forgotten leavin you with the freedom to purchase more in the future)

Can you say you babysit a neighbor kid? That's what I tell people when I go to the dollar store and walk out with toys,pacis, sippy cups.... You name it.

You can be vague an say it would make a nice gift for someone you know.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the people you work with won't even care to ask. (most people don't care)

Just buy it. Only YOU are thinking that people would associate you buying a doll for yourself. It's in your head. There are many MANY reasons why an adult male would buy a doll. It's for a niece, cousin, one of the boys in your family is going to a birthday party, birthday/christmas gift for family friend, secret santa, toys for tots and blah blah blah.

Seriously, males buy female toys all day long. Relax. Breathe. Be comfortable with yourself and buy the doll. No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to make an associate the toy with YOU and YOUR feelings, desires, and personal life. Not unless you put it on display by being nervous and try and invent stories.

Don't think about it, BE about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    Just buy it. Only YOU are thinking that people would associate you buying a doll for yourself. It's in your head. There are many MANY reasons why an adult male would buy a doll. It's for a niece, cousin, one of the boys in your family is going to a birthday party, birthday/christmas gift for family friend, secret santa, toys for tots and blah blah blah.

Seriously, males buy female toys all day long. Relax. Breathe. Be comfortable with yourself and buy the doll. No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to make an associate the toy with YOU and YOUR feelings, desires, and personal life. Not unless you put it on display by being nervous and try and invent stories.

Don't think about it, BE about it.
    This is excellent advice. To go with my earlier post, I subscribe to a guy on Youtube who collects all sorts of dolls, is NOT a little at all, and is supported by his mom.

You just gotta do it! 9 times out of 10, nobody else in the store is gonna care what you purchase.

Yeah, I honestly think you can buy the doll in-store. It's easy enough to invent a family member who would like the doll. And then you've got it! Go for it, as others have been saying, and if anyone even asks, then you just mention your cousin/niece/etc. I think you'd be OK.