Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Intro Post. Some of you may actually know me from long ago.

Default My Intro Post. Some of you may actually know me from long ago.

So here goes with my intro post. Before I answer the 4 basic questions (yes I read the sticky on how to write an intro post) I want to say that there's a good chance some of you here may have crossed paths with me in the past in one place or another. I am certainly not new to the AB/DL community. I started connecting with the community back in the mid 90's when I was a teenager. Instead of the WWW, I started on AOL chat rooms and message boards, as well as the old USENET group, alt.sex.fetish.diapers. Over the years I have been in and out of the community, and unfortunately didn't stick with a consistent nickname. When I first started back in the days of AOL for DOS and a 28.8 bps modem, I was stupid enough to use my real name. But, for reference -- I was formerly known as the following: Electroman (90's), Compudude (90's), RainKing (2000-2008) or sometimes just RK79, SoggyPampers or SP (early 2000s), keving79 (90s-early 2000s), TheEngineDriver (mid 2000s), and finally -- ShatteredDreams (now shortened to SD79). I really like my nickname now so I think I'll stick with it.

Now, for the formal question and answer type intro:

1) Hello! Who are you?

Well, I'm a 30 something guy. Besides the obvious reasons for signing up here, I'd just like to say I'm pretty average, despite my diaper interests and a few other quirks. I'm a geek and always have been since I was old enough to walk and talk. I love everything about computers and technology. I don't much care to talk about politics and will avoid any such discussions here because I've learned sharing my political views and differences of opinion just causes more harm than good, so I'll leave it at that.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

I'm an AB/DL who first acted upon my interest in diapers when I was about 12. Even before that, when I'd be shopping with my mom at the grocery store and we passed by the diaper aisle, I was always drawn to them. I could "get lost" in that area for several minutes and not seem to know why. Fast forward to when I was 12 and a little cousin of mine was 2-3 and still in diapers... I found myself not even more curious and fascinated with diapers, but other "baby / little kid" things in general. At this time in my life, my early adolescence years totally sucked. I was never popular at school and got picked on (bullied) a lot. I can't say I grew up in an abusive household, cause I didn't. But from age 10 and on I just struggled with a lot of things and it was that time I was also diagnosed with depression and anxiety. SO, back to my little cousin. I'd get the opportunity to babysit for her and I have to say I loved playing all the little kid stuff with her. And I saw how happy and comfy she seemed to be in diapers. She was the kind of toddler that you could tell loved every part of being diapered and held on to that as long as she could (didn't PT till almost 4 years). And now I know why.

So needless to say I'm here for the fact I still love diapers and also am very much into regression. I view myself as a DL AND a "little." I am male, but the little inside of me is actually a girl. What makes me a bit different is -- I am not transgender. I do not wish to dress up like women in the physical sense and I do not wish to have a sex change. But when I regress and am in "little land" (what I call it), I'm always a girl. I relate to being a girl better when in that mindset. Honestly, I think it stems back to what got me into diapers and regression in the first place. Growing up as a boy just didn't satisfy me. Girls got all the cute, pretty things. Let's face it, even girls have better TOYS. Blue and dark colors, army men and action figures *never* appealed to me. My favorite colors are purple and pink! In elementary school, I always played with the girls at recess. But again I am not trans and I am not gay. What I AM is asexual. Actually, grey/asexual to be exact. This means I find sex with others revolting, however I can still be sexually attracted and aroused. Okay, this has gotten long enough. If you want to know more, ask. I don't bite.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

Indeed, they don't! As mentioned above, I'm a total geek. I love computers. My passion is computer hardware and repair. I've built my fair share of desktop computers. I also dabble in the OS / software support side of things. While I primarily still use Windows (and am testing out the new Windows 10), I'm starting to become more interested in Linux and plan for that to be my main OS someday soon. Most of my adult career I've worked in some form of IT field.

Besides computers and tech, I REALLY enjoy roller skating. On the old fashioned quad wheels, not roller blades. Blades are for cheaters. Luckily where I live there is still an old fashioned rink with a concrete floor. I frequent it often. Been skating since I was 8. Just for fun. I do not claim myself to be a "pro" but I will say you will never see me fall down, unless someone shoves me. Thankfully, I do not partake in Roller Derby.

I also am a roller coaster enthusiast. CEDAR POINT in Sandusky, OH is the best place on Earth. If I were to believe in heaven, THAT is where I'd like to be sent when I die. Related to coasters, I am also a "railfan." This is a term to describe those who like trains and railroading. I love all types and am an amateur railroad photographer. I just find locomotives and railroads in general to be fascinating machines. Model railroading is fun, too but right now I don't have the funds to partake in that like I want to.

I also am a big music fan. Music is life and without it this world would be so dull. I like many genres but mostly Rock, Alternative, new age, and electronic. I enjoy bicycling in the summer and walking anytime. I also am somewhat of a writer. I'm NOT here to plug myself and you can find a link in my profile page but let's just say I wrote a certain DL/regression story way back when that some of you may remember.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I came here after many years of lurking. I came for the support and to get myself back into the community. Having just recently getting divorced, I feel I'm now "free" again to contribute in such places without having to hide or suppress anymore. I have "issues" and having some support would be a good thing for me right now. I'm also interested in chatting and possibly some role play. I used to do AB/DL roleplay several years ago and absolutely loved it.

All done. Hope this wasn't too long. I do tend to ramble at times...

-SD

WearingClouds

Hello!

Out of curiosity, what significance does the 79 have for you?

Possibly your birth year I'm assuming?
    Last edited by WearingClouds; 30-Nov-2014 at 10:04.

Welcome to ADISC! I've seen you around and talked to you a bit before this. Don't worry; there are a ton of cisgender male LGs here! In fact, that's usually what people use "LG" to mean - girls who are girls when little don't get a special label! Us (big) girls do also use the Sissy/LG forum though. Also, lotsa people on the ace spectrum here as well.

Would "Electroman" happen to be related to the old DOS game, out of curiosity?

Welcome to ADISC! Quite an intro you got there, but you forgot my favorite part: do you have any pets? :3 also, as a sissy, i agree with you; girls do get all the cute things

Heya!!

I talked to you a bit before on another thread. Sorry to hear about your divorce but I'm happy to hear that you are on your way to becoming a more authentic you.

You posted a bit about yourself in the other thread and I remember kind of connecting with it. I was married a few years back and not only did I have to hide my little side, I also had to hide my asexually as well.

Now I'm free to do as I please and I love it but I wanted you to know that you are not a lone, I know it seems impossible that you might find someone who wants a relationship without sex but they are there and I am in the same boat. So you are deffinitly not alone.

Anywho, I belive someone asked if you have pets? I await your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WearingClouds View Post
    Hello!
    Out of curiosity, what significance does the 79 have for you?
    Possibly your birth year I'm assuming?
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG
    Welcome to ADISC! I've seen you around and talked to you a bit before this. Don't worry; there are a ton of cisgender male LGs here! In fact, that's usually what people use "LG" to mean - girls who are girls when little don't get a special label! Us (big) girls do also use the Sissy/LG forum though. Also, lotsa people on the ace spectrum here as well.

Would "Electroman" happen to be related to the old DOS game, out of curiosity?"
    Thank you! Wow, I never even knew there was a "term" for people like me. You learn something new every day. Thanks! "Electroman" has no significance to the old game. Back when I was a teenager I had a CB radio and that was my "handle" on the radio. Like I said, total geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    Now I'm free to do as I please and I love it but I wanted you to know that you are not a lone, I know it seems impossible that you might find someone who wants a relationship without sex but they are there and I am in the same boat. So you are deffinitly not alone.

Anywho, I belive someone asked if you have pets? I await your answer.
    Thank you. It is good to know I'm not alone. I mean I knew I wasn't with AB/DL stuff but the whole asexual thing made me feel even more isolated. So I'm very glad to be among friends here. Pets -- no I currently do not have any. I'm allergic to most cats and dogs so I just don't bother. Also live in an apartment that doesn't allow for them. Maybe someday I'll get a fish tank.

I remember when I first discovered asexuality. I was excited that there was a word for me and that I wasn't "broken" but I also became depressed when I started to think that it meant that I would either have to "fake it" or be a crazy cat lady.

Then I took some time, made some friends and saw that there are a ton of people who live perfectly happy single lives as well as asexuals who marry and have perfectly happy sexless lives.

Now I'm not so down about it

I'm still a crazy cat lady but at least I know I'm not doomed to be haha

Welcome to ADISC. I've been a member for a while here, but just recently decided to check up on adisc again

I think I remember you from somewhere. Had a different handle back then, too (I'm not posting it because ... Google).

Did you happen to write a few stories on tbn, maybe? Or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by r0bino View Post
    Welcome to ADISC. I've been a member for a while here, but just recently decided to check up on adisc again

I think I remember you from somewhere. Had a different handle back then, too (I'm not posting it because ... Google).

Did you happen to write a few stories on tbn, maybe? Or somewhere else?
    Haha, yes. Google is both awesome and our worst nightmare, all at once. TBN, wow! Way back when I was one of the founding members and was an admin there. I probably did post my stories there, but the "major" ones are now on my own separate site (again see my profile page). Nice to see old friends here, even if I may not remember you.

What a great introduction you've made there, Sir! :3 It was a pleasure to read, and not at all too long!
    Fun thing though, when I thought your name was a reference to Scrappy-Doo with the 79 being the year he was introduced to the series...Probably because I'm starting to become a big fan of that character after I began looking into the stuff.
    I hope you'll hang around here and have an awesome time! I shall immediately check the link in your profile that you mentioned, sounds quite interesting.
    *Hugs*