Thread: A weird new feeling

Default A weird new feeling

I think I have a crush on one of my co-workers.It's hard for me to think about things ike this. Growing up I was shunned by most children my age. Even adults turned their heads away from me. So I ended up alone and feeling unwanted. As I grew up I never saw anyone as a friend. I've learned to trust some people in the last few years, but I still can't see myself with anyone. A thought keeps popping in my head saying. "They can do better than me" or "I'm not special enough for her" I can't talk to her because I don't want to make her mad or dissappointed in me. I only want to see her smile. I'm thinking I should wait it out and see what happens.

I know I post a lot about my problems, but I have no one to talk to. I'm so sorry about all of the trouble I'm causing. I wish I could repay everyone here that's helped me in one way or another. Do know I appreciate all of you and only wish for your undying happiness and love.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    I think I have a crush on one of my co-workers.It's hard for me to think about things ike this. Growing up I was shunned by most children my age. Even adults turned their heads away from me. So I ended up alone and feeling unwanted. As I grew up I never saw anyone as a friend. I've learned to trust some people in the last few years, but I still can't see myself with anyone. A thought keeps popping in my head saying. "They can do better than me" or "I'm not special enough for her" I can't talk to her because I don't want to make her mad or dissappointed in me. I only want to see her smile. I'm thinking I should wait it out and see what happens.

I know I post a lot about my problems, but I have no one to talk to. I'm so sorry about all of the trouble I'm causing. I wish I could repay everyone here that's helped me in one way or another. Do know I appreciate all of you and only wish for your undying happiness and love.
    Hi, DarkBabyMagician,
    I'm glad to see you're feeling this way about someone. I think your assessment to take things slow is a good idea. Just talk to her and let her get to know you. Find something you might have in common and start up a conversation with her. It can be related to work or anything you have noticed that interests her. If things go smoothly you could ask her to go to a coffee break with you. This would be less intimidating than asking her out on a date. Take your time, don't pressure yourself, and don't pressure her

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm about to sound like a Hallmark Card, along with all the gushy sentimentality that goes with it.

First of all: It's hard to love someone when you don't love yourself.

Secondly: You are loved.

I know your past has left you feeling insecure, and this where you need to do some work on yourself, otherwise it will be difficult to form relationships. You have so many great qualities, such energy and ideas for the future. That's all very positive but you still shoot yourself down and feel that you're not good enough for someone else. This can be a significant barrier in developing relationships. You need to remember the only reason you feel this way is because of things that happened to you growing up. When people keep telling you that you're not good enough, well eventually you get to believe it too. You need to put those feelings about yourself aside and get some support rather than fear relationships because of a negative, undeserved impression of yourself. Just be yourself with people and let them see you for the great person you really are. You've had a lifetime of abuse so it's not surprising these issues are still with you, but I would also encourage you to get some counselling to work on your self esteem.

Remember also that you have a lot of people who really care about you. Your mother loves you deeply and she's helped you get out of your father's home and set up on your own. She cares about you and your safety. You have your best friends who were happy to see you at Thanksgiving and they will remain an important part of your life. People here at Adisc have always been here to give you support and encouragement. We'll always be here for you.

Don't ever feel that you're troubling us by posting these questions here. First and foremost this is a support community and that is what we're here for. Your posts actually brighten my day. I believe you're good enough. I believe you're special. I hope someday you'll believe it too.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 04-Dec-2014 at 00:41.

I can only agree about what starrunner already said. Believe him about yourself.

As for some dating tips perhaps:
    Basically don't think that way of being good enough for them. It’s about finding someone you can stand to spend a ridiculous amount of time with. It's about finding the puzzle piece you fit with and the Ernie to your Bert. Certainly not someone finding someone they can somehow stand barely, vice versa.

As already mentioned don't be too obvious. There's a difference between making something a priority and having an obsession. No one wants to be the Captain Ahab of the dating world. That comes across strange, try to find a good middle on keeping contact as anyway getting to have some smalltalks.
    However, try to make a good impression. Make eye contact, smile, and focus on what she's saying.

It's not about what you say, but how. it's how you say it. Being kind is definitely a turn on. Forget what you’ve been told about the stereotype of playing it ice cold. That might work, but on the wrong person.

Be natural and don't try to force yourself to behave different. If it doesn't work out then you know at least for certain that you two wouldn't have fir together. Just, don't give up. Your next amazing date might be right around the corner.

Just take it slow, you are no dissappointment in any possible way.

DarkBabyMagicain I understand what you mean about feeling alone and unwanted. I can empathize with your situation. But what I have learned in myself as I believe in you, that we lack a bit of self-confidence and have low self-esteem. If it hasn't already it can push you into depression, so please, do everything in your power to fight that! I'm not the best person to suggest ideas to help you, because I have difficulties with myself I battle constantly - like thinking I'm not good enough for someone...But there are helpful resources out there - look for self-help books or other resources on self-esteem and maybe it'll help you'll get the confidence to maybe go for it! And help you outside relationships too! Also, from what I see, if you get the confidence to go for something, and you're successful, it only helps you be able to go for the next thing in your life! Good luck!

I know the same feeling, years ago when i would not do the pee/poo thing much. i was in love with a girl, and even got engaged. but i called it off. for a couple reasons.
    one reason is my gorse "habbit", which i wasnt sure if she would understand.

this kind of life doesnt seem easy sometimes

Just for fun I did talk to her the last few days. We seem to have similar taste in movies. We watched the new Star wars trailer together.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    Just for fun I did talk to her the last few days. We seem to have similar taste in movies. We watched the new Star wars trailer together.
    Wow, thats a great step forward! Keep it up! Maybe see if she wants to watch the whole movie at the theatre with you when it comes out hmmm? ;-) Good luck!