Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody like very old cartoons?

Default Anybody like very old cartoons?

Good (Late) Evening,

This evening, I have been watching very old cartoons. The one I have been watching is the 1960's "CAPTAIN AMERICA" cartoon, which is pretty faithful to the original source material in print.

I also like watching the 1960's "IRON MAN" and "THE FANTASTIC 4" cartoons.

I also watch the 1960's "BIRDMAN and the GALAXY TRIO" and "SPACE GHOST and DINO BOY".

Who else here likes the old cartoons of the 1960's?

Do Looney Tunes, Classic Disney Shorts, and The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle count? If so, then I myself enjoy some sixties cartoons as well. ^^

Loony Tunes is from that time period, and is still very watchable even as an adult imo. I think a lot of the humor is timeless (minus of course the racism and all that) and was written to be enjoyed by both kids and parents (watching it as an adult you pick up a lot of things that were clearly put in there for mom and dad).

There's a handful that I'd also still consider kinda watchable, but definitely dated:
    - flintstones
    - woody woodpecker
    - pink panther
    - tin tin
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 29-Nov-2014 at 06:02.

I find that a lot of them can be a tad mean-spirited sometimes myself, but I still can see the appeal. At least, that was my gut reaction to this thread.

Then I made sure to think about it a little and I thought.. well.. a lot of cartoons today can be kinda mean-spirited too, so it's not really an age thing. It's just the ones I have seen so far have been mostly that.

Thinking about it, I probably have jumped to a pretty quick judgement about the era of cartoons! I should give them another chance!
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 29-Nov-2014 at 05:26.

There was also on TV in the 1960's:

"The Wacky Races"
    The MIghty Mightor"
    "The Herculoids"

- - - Updated - - -

Also do not forget "UNDERDOG"...

I have the Pink Panther cartoons. Also Disney Sword in the stone and Robin Hood. Also some Snoopy and Peanuts cartoons. And some Garfield ones too.

There are far too many for me to name I think. But I know I liked Pokemon and Digimon, Darkwing Duck and SO many other old cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Desphiria View Post
    There are far too many for me to name I think. But I know I liked Pokemon and Digimon, Darkwing Duck and SO many other old cartoons.
    I guess old is relative, but those are all from the 90s ;p

.. now I feel old

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    I have the Pink Panther cartoons. Also Disney Sword in the stone and Robin Hood. Also some Snoopy and Peanuts cartoons. And some Garfield ones too.
    Oh man, Disney's Robin Hood from the 70s was my favorite movie growing up as a kid. Literally wore out the tape! I actually haven't tried to watch it as an adult.

Also the original (and still awesome) "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" was from the 60s and is still watchable (and way more so then that recent crime of a remake).

I used to love curling up on the couch and watching the old Scooby Doo cartoons and eating ice cream. I liked the older animal ones, mainly Tom and Jerry,
    Pink Panther, and Huckleberry Hound but as a kid I'd watch just about anything.
    Also, this one just hit me too but Wacky Races (I think it was called?) was hilarious too! Old cartoons are the best. I like all kinds though, old and new alike.

This is a fun thread, thanks for reminding me of some good childhood memories! <3

Hehe, I think I watched more shows and played more games than I watched cartoons. I watched a lot of anime too. I do know about Jem and Johnny Quest I watched. There was another show I really can't remember the name of at all but I know it had Wonder Woman's invisible plane in it. I did watch DBZ too. And I watched Bonkers for a tiny bit. I THINK I also watched Chip and Dale. XS