Thread: Walgreens Certainty turned me off to wetting diapers... Advice?

Default Walgreens Certainty turned me off to wetting diapers... Advice?

A couple of weeks ago, I ran out of my last few Walgreens Certainty diapers. Needless to say, I am going through diaper withdrawal.

The one thing I absolutely HATED about the briefs were that the urine would gather up in one specific spot and not distribute throughout the rest of the diaper. Wearing nothing but a diaper made this particularly evident, as the urine would soak up in this one singular spot and yellow the area.

The only other diaper I've ever worn were some Depends pull-ups that tended to get clumpy. That wasn't a fun experience.

In retrospect, I've been told that it might have been as a result of the absorbent material used on the inside of the diaper, NOT whether the diaper was cloth-backed or plastic-backed.

How do I go forward? Any advice would be welcomed.

Really? I've never had that problem with those diapers. Perhaps you had a defective pack?

I would line it with a baby cloth diaper. The cloth would help wick the wetness around before the SAP could lock it in place.

I tried a 20-pack of those and dropped off 19 at a donation store. No good for me. Put it on and a cloth diaper over it, and got both wet by morning.

If you want a diaper that spreads liquid out, molicare is known for awesome wicking ability.

If you want to make what you have work, try folding up a small towel to fit inside the diaper. Make sure it's folded small enough to not be touching the leak guards, but unfold the front of it enough so that the towel will catch everything first. The towel will help spread everything out, and the diaper will catch everything that runs out of the towel. Rinse the towel out in the shower after you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicZelda View Post
    as the urine would soak up in this one singular spot and yellow the area.
    If you're seeing yellow, you're probably not drinking enough water.

Sounds like you mostly are getting diapers available locally, which will definitely keep you from wearing real diapers and appreciating them. Anytime I wear storebrand diapers, there is always some kind of problem, they just aren't made for wetting like most of us want. The moment I started ordering online, I had a whole different way of experiencing the diapers. If you are still stuck having to do store brands, maybe stuffing them with baby diapers, or picking up diaper boosters (they do sell them at CVS or other pharmacy type places, but they aren't as good as the ones you can get online as well).

well sometimes the powder in the diapers might be a bit uneven. so that causes this problem