Thread: Ashamed to wear diapers....

Default Ashamed to wear diapers....

Hey everybody,

Since few weeks ago my incontinences have increase and i decided to wear diapers (maybe not everyday but sometimes) but finally i'm ashamed of that. I keep in mind that it's better to wear a diaper rather than to wet my pants but i still feel ashamed.
    Can you help me to overcome it please?

Would you be ashamed to wear a band-aid if you had a cut? Probably not. Diapers, in your case, are for medical purposes. Also, being an AB I would think you'd enjoy wearing diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post
    Hey everybody,

Since few weeks ago my incontinences have increase and i decided to wear diapers (maybe not everyday but sometimes) but finally i'm ashamed of that. I keep in mind that it's better to wear a diaper rather than to wet my pants but i still feel ashamed.
    Do you enjoy wearing a diaper, or is it just for medical purposes? Either way you have nothing to be ashamed of, I personally wear them because I chose to.

Was this brought on by a particular situation? Such as someone saw you wearing one, or just being overwhelmed? Of course you don't have to answer if you don't want, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by derepaid View Post
    Do you enjoy wearing a diaper, or is it just for medical purposes? Either way you have nothing to be ashamed of, I personally wear them because I chose to.

Was this brought on by a particular situation? Such as someone saw you wearing one, or just being overwhelmed? Of course you don't have to answer if you don't want, just curious.
    I'm an AB but i don't wear diapers now. If i choose this it's just because of my incontinences because i think that maybe i will feel safer...
    I'm very overhelmed...

I'm an AB but i don't wear diapers now. If i choose this it's just because of my incontinences because i think that maybe i will feel safer...
    I'm very overhelmed...
    For me one of the reasons I wear is because it makes me feel safe. If this makes you feel safe and helps with your incontinence I would definitely wear a diaper. These feelings can be very overwhelming because they are considered so far out of the "norm" to want to wear a diaper. But it is important to remember that this doesn't define who you are as a person.

Unfortunately the best advice I have is to try and figure out if your desires are hurting anyone close to you, including yourself. If the answer to that is no, then do what makes you happy.

If this is just for the incontinence and you feel ashamed I would say you should see a doctor and discuss it further.

I hope this is helpful.

Hey everybody,

I myself am semi-recently IC. When my first accident happened I was at a shopping mall and the only real reason why I did not leave a brown trail to the bathroom was because I was already padded just for fun(the urinary incontinence started later this year during the early summer). I know exactly how you feel Ghost01. I keep asking myself if I am doing this for reasons other then medical ones. Well I just found out last week I appear to have some sort of blockage in my urinary tract and my bladder refuses to properly empty itself out. I don't know if I want to feel relieved by this knowledge or even more agitated. At least it's not prostate or colon cancer as those have been tested as negative. Under no circumstances should you feel ashamed by this. The truth of the matter is I find being IC convenient even though I have Medicaid and I get full coverage on diapers which looks convenient. I was thinking to myself once am I just taking advantage of the system? Well considering I actually hate the diapers I get for free and I would prefer to just pay for something that gets the job done right I think I can say I am not taking advantage of the system in a abusive manner.

A good question to ask yourself would be why should you even care about some backwards minded societal standard about how adults are supposed to act when you have your own free will? Society is not right all the time and in fact I consider it inherently sick somehow. So don't be ashamed of this. As long as you hurt no one (including yourself) then your not doing anything wrong.

I am sure that most of us with IC feel ashamed of wearing a diaper/nappy from time to time. It just creeps up on me at times. I get the depression too, the feeling of failure etc etc. But when I electricuted myself when I wet the bed on more than one occasion I soon came to terms with diapers again. I did get elecric shocks. I now use a 12volt version to keep my feet warm, a thick douvet and a pre heat over blanket. I had to go back to wearing diapers at the age of 8. but hated it and fought a mental battle for years before accepting the fact that I was in it for life.

No one should make you feel ashamed for taking care of a medical need, and not even if you did it because you like it.

Diapers, are just a different style of underwear.

I'd find a lot more shame with walking around in wet pants than wearing a diaper. At least the diaper isn't anywhere near as obvious. It's hard to hide wet pants...

Here, look at it this way: are you ashamed to use the toilet? The toilet's just one person's way to empty their bladder without making a mess. Your diaper is there for exactly the same reason.