Thread: Opinion on types of relationships

Default Opinion on types of relationships

I was responding to a post someone else made and it got me thinking about the types of trust involved in different kinds of relationships so I thought I might ask you guys.

Do you think it would take more or less trust in someone to be their little versus their sexual partner?

Say that the two relationships were not intertwined, which would you say would involve the most trust for you?

For me personally I would sooner have sex with a total stranger than be a little to someone I don't trust implicitly. (not that I do that haha)

It seems to me like there would be too many risks involved. Like what if your daddy or mommy was a closet pedophile? Not saying it happens but it COULD I suppose. And in that little vs big relationship you are having to trust that person to feed you, maybe bathe you, change you even and all those things take a high level of trust.

Not to mention trusting that person with a secret.

That's just me, my little side is almost more personal and private to me than my (nearly nonexistent) sexual side so sharing that with someone is a scary idea for me.

What about you?

I feel like it would take more trust to be a little for somebody. For me, my little side is the deepest part of my emotions, and i'm more engaged in protecting it. If I belonged to an organization that said I was no longer allowed to have sex for the rest of my life, i would be more likely to stay with that organization than one who said i could no longer wear diapers and play baby for the rest of my life. Which in a large way actually happened.

Also, being a little involves way more trust based on your heart, rather than trust based on your hormones.

I think being Little with/for someone and having sex with them require different types of trust, as opposed to more or less trust than each other. If you have sex with someone, you're in a physically vulnerable state, because you're literally inside someone, or else have someone inside you. You're essentially entrusting someone else with your naked body, and vice-versa, which takes a lot of trust when you actually think about it - regardless of whether you feel any emotional attachment to the person you're having sex with.

Being a Little is a much more psychologically vulnerable state, because you're not only letting someone have power over the way you act and placing yourself in a position of natural submissiveness (even if it isn't sexual), but also engaging in an activity which is more taboo than sex is - meaning that entrusting someone with your Little side can be more of a risk socially than trusting that you're safe (in all senses of the word) to have sex with them.

So in truth, I'm going to sit on the fence. I don't think either presents more of a 'risk' or a necessary undertaking of trust. I just feel that sex requires more physical trust, and being Little in the presence of someone else requires more belief in the other person's discretion and understanding.

I agree completely with SirSnapsALot. Though I think it's important not to underestimate the emotional vulnerability that can be involved in sex (in the traditional sense of "sex").

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    It seems to me like there would be too many risks involved. Like what if your daddy or mommy was a closet pedophile? Not saying it happens but it COULD I suppose. And in that little vs big relationship you are having to trust that person to feed you, maybe bathe you, change you even and all those things take a high level of trust.
    I think it is very unlikely that a mommy or daddy who is interested in playing with an adult baby would be a closet pedophile. Even if it happened, it's unclear to me how this would be problematic for the adult baby involved.

A much more substantial risk is that a daddy or mommy and an adult baby will come to a scene with different expectations. Some people like to mix sex and AB play. This is obviously not pedophilia, since no children are involved. But some ABs strongly prefer to keep sex and AB play separate, and some ABs are not interested in sex at all. It is important for ABs and prospective caretakers to communicate before they play about whether sex is on the menu.

I don't think it's common but I knew a few people who were, I want to say closeted pedophiles who did engage the AB world. That's how I initially found out about adult babies before I found out about their records.

One of them, a friend of my step dads admitted that it was the only way for him to indulge his desires legally which I found sickening either way.

I guess I've just had a hard time separating sexual activity within AB play and that....ickyness ever since. Logically I know better but it's a knee jerk reaction.

But I would imagine finding out that your sexual partner is only attracted to you because you look like a child would be quite problematic on an emotional and moral level.