Thread: Plastic Backed Diapers vs. Clothing-Like Backed Diapers

Default Plastic Backed Diapers vs. Clothing-Like Backed Diapers

Personally I love the sound and feel of the plastic backed diapers. Can't stand cloth backed diapers.

I'm right there with you. If it doesn't crinkle and isn't smooth, something critical has been lost. I can make up for it some by wearing plastic pants over disposables with cloth-like covers but it's a poor substitute. In that they both have their practical virtues, I wish we'd see more balance in the general market.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    Personally I love the sound and feel of the plastic backed diapers. Can't stand cloth backed diapers.
    I don't wish to cause offence however the last 2 posts that you've made in this forum probably should have been posted in the diaper talk forum instead of the incontinence forum
    the incontinence forum is primarily for people discussing incontinence and dealing with it whereas the diaper talk forum is for talking about well... diapers while there is some overlap it seems that you're just posting diaper topics in the incontinence forum. adding to that the diaper forum is usually more populated and moves a lot faster.

I myself am incontinent, so I feel it's where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    I myself am incontinent, so I feel it's where it should be.
    you didn't reflect that in your profile or either of your posts.
    once again I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything its just that neither of your posts really have anything to do with incontinence
    I recently made a post about a medical procedure I had in relation to my incontinence on this board however it wouldn't have made sense for me to post it on the baby fur board for instance even if i were one because it wouldnt be anywhere near as relevant as the incontinence board.
    Im not trying to start a fight or anything your posts just seemed kinda out of place.

This is a great forum and we all have something to contribute and to learn from it. It works best when we respect the various topical categories.

I am bowel incontinent with occasional bouts of bladder incontinence. Plastic-backed diapers help to contain odor from a fecal accident and do not stretch as breathable diapers with cloth-like shells do. The noise made by the plastic diaper shell has no function with regard to incontinence.

I will note that, although I far prefer plastic-backed diapers, I have found one breathable diaper which in my estimation stands far above the others. That is the European-made Super Seni Quatro sold by XP Medical. It has a breathable but water impermeable barrier that not only prevents wicking, but almost completely eliminates stretching and sagging! The tapes are strong. Good internal standing leak guards and leg gathers. I have just ordered my second case of these diapers.

--John

Quote Originally Posted by saix View Post
    Im not trying to start a fight or anything your posts just seemed kinda out of place.
    I have to agree with this. While the functionality of plastic-backed diapers vs cloth-backed diapers is something that might belong in the incontinence board, saying you prefer the sound and feeling of one over another has nothing to do with whether or not you are incontinent. You may be incontinent but that's not relevant to what you are saying here about your preference for plastic-backed diapers.

Posting topics that are just about diaper preferences in the main 'Diaper Talk' board would be better for two reasons: firstly, for you it ensures greater traffic to your threads and more discussion, since that board is far more popular than this one. Secondly, since the incontinence board moves more slowly, so if multiple threads like this are made, real discussions about medical care, the best diapers for incontinence, etc. get buried.

It might be helpful to consider if what you post is specifically relevant to being incontinent before you post here next time.

There are often no logical explanations for our diaper preferences. In disposables, I guess I'm pretty trendy. Plastic-backed disposable diapers just seem so last-century; babies don't wear them anymore.

In cloth, however, I'm quite retro. I wore prefolds as a baby, during my early DL years, and I still find them very appealing, even though they're used more often as burp cloths today than they are as diapers. Again, these things aren't going to be logical when you have a diaper fetish.

This thread got moved to Diaper Talk I assume as it is no longer in Incontinence, so take the mods' word for what you will. Anyways, I'm not sure I really have that much of a preference, as I love the adjustable tapes on cloth-backed diapers but also really like plastic-backed for all the reasons people have noted above. I guess it's more that my ideal diaper would be plastic backed but with a cloth-like landing zone for tapes so that the tapes could be refastened and adjusted. Huh. Someone should make that diaper.