Thread: Do you have a 'type'?

Default Do you have a 'type'?

I'm asking this both in terms of personality and appearance, do you have a type of Guy/Girl/Both who you're almost always attracted to? Obviously if someone's intelligent or has nice eyes, that's kind of universally liked, but I mean traits which really do it for you personally?

For me, I really like women with a dry sense of humour. I just find that kind of deadpan humour really funny, and in a non-sexual way, it's kind of a turn on. Someone who is both open-minded and sensitive are also qualities I look for, whether it's a friendship or something romantic!

Appearance wise, my brother recently pointed out that I only ever seem to be interested in long-haired brunettes with big eyes. I wouldn't say that's exclusively true, but it's definitely my type, as such. I also think the classic Hollywood look looks amazing on most women - long hair, dresses, red lipstick etc..

How about fellow ADISCers?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    I'm asking this both in terms of personality and appearance, do you have a type of Guy/Girl/Both who you're almost always attracted to? Obviously if someone's intelligent or has nice eyes, that's kind of universally liked, but I mean traits which really do it for you personally?

For me, I really like women with a dry sense of humour. I just find that kind of deadpan humour really funny, and in a non-sexual way, it's kind of a turn on. Someone who is both open-minded and sensitive are also qualities I look for, whether it's a friendship or something romantic!

Appearance wise, my brother recently pointed out that I only ever seem to be interested in long-haired brunettes with big eyes. I wouldn't say that's exclusively true, but it's definitely my type, as such. I also think the classic Hollywood look looks amazing on most women - long hair, dresses, red lipstick etc..

How about fellow ADISCers?
    Gosh, I think I kind of do. When it comes to traits I like men who can make me laugh and are kind of fun to be around. Who would also listen to me if I have a bad day and wanna talk about it. Just someone who's really sweet and understanding I guess. ^^ I think if they're kind of assertive in a certain way too. *giggles* You know in private. Ahem!

As for looks I really don't have a specific type when it comes to look honestly. At least not when it comes to humans. Anime people kinna but eehh, I do like blue eyes. Blue eyes are really pretty. Other than that, normal humans are just all cute to me. XD

My fiance has a sense of humor and a smile that just melts me. The fact she loves me being an adult as much as I love being an adult baby is an awesome plus.

Physically I probably have a type but I don't know for certain what it is. Personality wise I tend to go for sensitive, submissive women... who I then badger to take care of me. :p I tend to be the more demanding partner in a relationship, and I tend to be attracted to people who don't clash with me.

So far all I've been able to encounter are two types of girls: Those who are pretty intelligent, but are taken; and those who are regularly available but have so little common sense (paired with low IQ and a know-it-all sense of superiority) they make blonde chicks seem to be passable.

No; I can't stand stupidity. I don't care how hot she is.

In the past I thought I had "my type", but the girls I actually somehow got involved with were almost always very different from that, both in terms of appearance and personality, and I liked each of them very much. If I didn't meet these girls in person and just read their description on paper, I would have said not my type.

For example, I generally (think that I) prefer quieter and introverted girls, because that is also how I am, but one of my girlfriends was a complete opposite of that, never stopped talking and was the loudest girl in her class. But for some reason I didn't have a problem with that (and I had a crush on her for long time before we got together; I was 16).

An appearance example was a girl who had very pale complexion and freckles a little, not something I would have listed as my type (I often like darker types, even a bit latino looking, perhaps something like SirNapsALot's type), but with this particular girl it was so cute.

Another interesting fact is that majority of my girlfriends were religious (some quite a lot), while I am an atheist and if asked, I wouldn't consider religion a favourable quality in a potential partner (but I don't really care as long as she isn't trying to convert me).

That all said, my sample is not that large.

So today I don't think I have a type. But I certainly have anti-type, or things which are dealbreakers, both in terms of appearance and personality. Examples: smoking, drinking, tattoos, short hair (ok, one girl I reeeally liked had short hair), too overweight, lack of intelligence and interests, or (this one really hurts my potential selection) being obsessed with social media and her phone. On the contrary, things like eye or hair colour (or diapers ) - I don't care, anything can look amazing on the right person.

Im all about cuteness, a cute face goes a long way with me, she also has to be smart... i dont really like *Hot* women. i dont know she also has to be funny and someone with whom i dont have to think everything i say haha i tend to say a lot of weird stuff.

Appearance? I don't think so. When I was dating (a long time ago), I was all over the map. Personality? I was attracted more to the low maintenance tomboy types. Mrs. Maxx had 4 older brothers.

Hmmm, this is interesting to think about. I would say that personality is way more important to me than any physical traits. That being said, I think that a person's body can give quite a bit of information about their lifestyle, tendencies and interests. I'm currently single, but in a potential partner, I would definitely like to find someone who enjoys being active and taking care of themselves. I would say that one of my favorite parts of a person is their eyes. I feel like there are some people who you can really understand just by looking at their eyes. I realize that is really subjective, and sounds a little silly, but that is something I often look for.

Honestly, I'd like a girl that is bright, jokes around a lot, and is physically fit... Massive bonus points if she can skateboard or plays video games.

So, tomboy would probably fit the description, though I feel like I'm looking for a unicorn. -.-;