Thread: Bad luck with Abena

Default Bad luck with Abena

I got a sample of Abena L4s with the last pack of Bambinos that I ordered. I was very disappointed. Both of the diapers leaked almost immediately. They have a ton of padding, but they didn't seem to have any kind of elastic to keep the urine in while that padding did its job. I'm wondering if I just am bad at getting a snug fit or if should have bought the M4; I'm not in the size range of any large diapers, it's just my way of making sure that they rise up past my belly button.

The annoying part of that is that, though, is that every other brand of diaper fits just fine in a large and I never have leaking issues unless it's like a Depend or something.

You might have just taped it weird, especially if it's on the too large side of sizing. I'm in between small and medium, and there's a definite period of learning how to tape it right whenever I try a new brand in medium size.

A lot of times "snug" isn't what you should be aiming for, as that stretches the openings tight and leaves gaps at any places that aren't perfectly round. It's counter intuitive, but if you think about it for a while it makes sense. If the material has some slack in it then it has room to deform around any irregularities.

I don't know. With the exception of this week, where I've almost been 24/7 (and it's been great), I don't wear very often. I can afford to have Bambinos which are tried and true and don't require me to try fitting it differently. What I can't afford is peeing on my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    I don't know. With the exception of this week, where I've almost been 24/7 (and it's been great), I don't wear very often. I can afford to have Bambinos which are tried and true and don't require me to try fitting it differently. What I can't afford is peeing on my couch.
    How have you been taping and handling your padding? Abena's have leak guards and leg cuffs so I should not see how they have leaked unless you were wetting upside down or on your side because that will cause some leakage. Laying on a side of your couch will run off which is pretty much a bad sign as the urine travels through the cotton and will run off. Half will be caught but the other half will run off.

For tapes, it's best to tape into an (X) the top tapes should face downwards while the bottom tapes should face upwards for the best results.

Diapers shouldn't really rise up past your belly button. That's a sign of a diaper that's way, way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbaby View Post
    Diapers shouldn't really rise up past your belly button. That's a sign of a diaper that's way, way too big.
    I know this can largely come down to preference, but my understanding is that diapers were supposed to rise to cover your belly button. Think about it, the higher the diaper rises, the higher the padding rises, and the more space your urine has to go before it has nothing to absorb it.

I've been wearing Bambinos all week which would have massive gaps if I didn't fasten them over my belly button and I don't leak. Granted, the Bambinos have more elastic allowing for a snugger fit with no gaps.