Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Pants Advice?

Question Plastic Pants Advice?

Hey, ADISC. I'm finally in the market for a pair or two of the best plastic pants money can buy. Only problem is, I don't know that much about what I should look for... While this is ultimately a matter of personal preference, I'm sure, I'd like experienced users' opinions of the best of the following criteria:

-Style (pull-on or snap; lined or not; etc.)
    -Material
    -Brand/manufacturer
    -Merchant
    -Anything else of potential value to a plastic pants noob like me.

I've tried researching this independently, but my findings are inconclusive at best. Thank you all for your time; I hope you can help me!

I have a question about those plastic pants in the video chuck. Basically I am looking for plastic pants that's built to last (I.E. durable). Which one of those in that video last the longest as far as plastic pants are concerned? And what site can I go to that sells them?
    Last edited by giantguy99; 02-Dec-2014 at 12:46.

That's a challenge. I've heard the Gary Plastic Pants are fairly high quality. My main issue is I use diaper creams a lot, so I try not to get too expensive plastic pants-wise, the creams and any oils usually degrade the pants. I tend to get the ones from Baby Pants or I have a supplier in China if I want to get extra cheap ones and don't mind waiting. The baby pants ones also have ones that are a lot like the gerber ones I grew up on and are super crinkly.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    That's a challenge. I've heard the Gary Plastic Pants are fairly high quality. My main issue is I use diaper creams a lot, so I try not to get too expensive plastic pants-wise, the creams and any oils usually degrade the pants. I tend to get the ones from Baby Pants or I have a supplier in China if I want to get extra cheap ones and don't mind waiting. The baby pants ones also have ones that are a lot like the gerber ones I grew up on and are super crinkly.
    I will second mattyd on this one.

I have the cream white plastic pants from BabyPants and they also sell Grays plastic pants. I have gotten well over a years worth of use, with care for them. Size is important, and one warning would be that if you get a tight comfortable fit, be careful when you sit down or sit up real fast. The pressure inside can increase real fast and the weak spot is in the side seam.

Another alternative to plastic pants is PUL pants. I've switched to unlined PUL and like them real well.
    You can find them at www.changingtimesdiaperco.com These are made by Baby Kins for Robert.
    Also you can find them at www.babykins.com and www.dependeco-adult-diapers.com

Default Most Durable Plastic Pants for the Money

-Manufacturer - Salk
    -Style – Sani-Pant Model #850 (pull-up style)
    -Material - plasticized nylon with soft cotton elastic binding on the waist and legs
    -Brand/manufacturer – Salk
    -Merchant – Metro Medical Online

http://www.metromedicalonline.com/sa...l#.VH4cNd3zfBc

-Anything else of potential value to a plastic pants noob like me.

Extremely durable and well constructed. This manufacturer makes a large line of Medical productsusually associated with incontinence and nursing care.

Metro Medical has a single item price for these plastic pants ($11.25) with a significant savings when you order three or more pairs (unit price $10.69).

Shipping is free with a minimum $50 order. If you are a new customer and provide your email they will send you a coupon code for an additional 10% off.

For Cyber Monday, Metro Medical sent me a coupon code for a 15% discount on my entire order. I picked up 6 pairs for $54.53 (Unit price @ $9.09). With reasonable care (rinse and hang dry between uses) and gentle cycle wash weekly. They should last 12 to 24 months.

Although I have tried the snap-on style, the full, pull-on style plastic pants offer much greater leak protection (which is the primary purpose for wearing plastic pants over diapers.)

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Another alternative to plastic pants is PUL pants. I've switched to unlined PUL and like them real well.
    You can find them at www.changingtimesdiaperco.com These are made by Baby Kins for Robert.
    Also you can find them at www.babykins.com and www.dependeco-adult-diapers.com
    This grumpy old man concurs. For durability no plastic pant even comes close to PUL. The ones I have are all made by Gary. I've gotten them either from Adult Colth Diaper or, more recently Angel Fluff. Angel Fluff sells high-back PUL on special order, reason enough to buy from them.

There is also www.fetware.com, who is in Hooksett, New Hampshire, not all that far north from where I live here in New Hampshire.