Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chewing on things

Default Chewing on things

Okay, I know this is a bit of a specific topic, but I wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? When I'm being little, regardless of whether I've actually regressed or 'retained' my adulthood, I seem to absentmindedly chew on everything. I bite my felt drinks coaster, I put the tags on my blankie in my mouth, and I feel secure with my mouth wrapped around a sippy cup/bottle.

Are my oral habits* (*insert sex joke) a specifically or commonly ABDL thing, or is it likely to just be something I do as a general form of relaxation? I'd be tempted to think the latter, were it not for the fact that actual littles notoriously love to chew on everything in sight.

Possible a general form of relaxation if you do this for fun. Although biting stuff is very natural/common for us. Not even just an AB thing but a general habit humans have. It is natural we use habits for our general needs and biting things take that habit like chewing on pencils, biting off fingernails, etc. I always bite my fingernails (Before I discovered my BF/DL side). It's just a normal routine thing we all do. If you want to use it as a relaxation, then go for it! Although you always hear the expression some things do not belong in your mouth like this,

"Don't put money in your mouth" Because it is full of germs and it get's passed around alot (Insert joint joke here)

However you indulge in it is perfectly fine for you, me, anyone else, although, not many people bite things to their needs, they do other stuff that are habits but biting is one of the most common out there. Some say it is healthy and other's say it is not healthy because it can damage your teeth. Well my friend, some things are meant for the mouth to not damage teeth and I can say that rough metal material do not belong in the oral (tee-hee).

Certain things are fine for your mouth but major things you really want to restrict from are,

Aluminum, metal, wood, and unknown liquids. That can take a really damaging effect to your mouth/teeth.

Here's an article about your household stuff that does not belong in your body: http://digg.com/2014/ingestion-infographic

p.s. The carrots one I found amusing.

Thanks Snivy! Thankfully I've so far resisted the (enormous) temptation to put steel or anything radioactive in my mouth. Seriously though, it's good to know that my chewing habit isn't unusual or troubling. I'm actually not a nail biter, it's more that I just chew on things around me if they look soft or particularly inviting. Like you say, we all have our little coping mechanisms and relaxation methods, and this must just be one of mine.

I for one LOVE to chew on my teething toys, it just makes me feel right

P.S it's been bugging me, what cartoon is your profile picture from, I want to say its Angela's Castle, but I know that's not it...

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    I for one LOVE to chew on my teething toys, it just makes me feel right

P.S it's been bugging me, what cartoon is your profile picture from, I want to say its Angela's Castle, but I know that's not it...
    I don't have a teething toy, I'm worried I'd just bite through it, but they look really comforting and I guess I could just chew gently! Oh, and it's King Bob from Recess.

I often do this, i bite anything or just like to keep stuff in my mouth (Insert sex joke here). I just feel more at ease like that

Well, I work part time at a water playground so I have 2 whistles(1 fox40 classic and 1 fox40 sonic blast) I chew on them whenever I am bored...

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    I don't have a teething toy, I'm worried I'd just bite through it, but they look really comforting and I guess I could just chew gently! Oh, and it's King Bob from Recess.
    There are many types of teething toys, solid ones, water filled ones, gel filled ones, etc. if you are afraid of puncturing it, you might want a solid rubber one, they're a little less common, but they are super durable. By the way, I loved recess as a kid and the only reason I know Angela's Castle is because some Canadian neighbors had a yard sale with some VHS tapes and I bought them!

I've always had an oral fixation but chewing and biting makes me feel calm. I actually use to bite my nails and the inside of my mouth BAD until I started using a paci. Now it's not so much an issue anymore

It is not often that I have an impulse to chew on stuff, or impulses to be chewing on stuff that is not food. But, occasionally I can't help but take a couple of nibbles from my unicorn/alicorn plushies horns. So, I guess if something is the perfect bitable size, eventually I will chew on it a little bit.