Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've forgotten how to play! :(

Default I've forgotten how to play! :(

Usually I do puzzles and watch cartoons and I color a lot too but I recently got a santas workshop playset for Christmas, and it's really cool. Like totally awesome! And I want to play with it but when ever I go to I clam up and I get shy and self concious like I shouldn't be doing it.

I know this is silly but I almost started crying today because I have all these cool toys and this beautiful dollhouse but I can't seem to get over whatever block I have and actually play with them!!

I'm seriously sad.

Have any of you gone through this? What would you suggest to help me get over that block?

im dealing with the same thing right now your not alone, I have coloring books, blocks, and toy cars but I cant seem to get into the mindset to play with any of it. its like when ever I try the adult me kicks in and says I shouldn't be doing this even though I want to.

I don't think you'll have forgotten how to play, Penny, the issue is that ABDL causes many of us a fair amount of anxiety and embarrassment over the fact we enjoy playing, and know how to play like a child.

My advice to you would be to give yourself a 10-minute window every day where you say to yourself 'I'm going to play for the next 10 minutes and worry about the psychological things later if I'm still stressed'. That way, if you really can't get into playing at all after several days, it'll be pretty clear that you're having what we call a purge (where something in your brain doesn't want to engage with ABDL right now, in which case it's worth cooling off and focusing on your non-ABDL interests for a little while).

On the flipside, setting aside some 'Little Time' might help you rediscover the joy of playing again, which would obviously be super! I just think the hardest part when you're in a position of shame or embarrassment about playing as an AB/Little is just getting started, and often the desire to play more comes from being reminded just how fun little playtime is.

If you ever want a listening ear, feel free to drop me a PM. Hope you're feeling more settled and happy soon.

Like the Nike slogan says, Just do it.

I know it's not really that simple. One of my official roles in my volunteer role with kids involves me working in a playroom. So I have a socially justifiable reason to play with toys meant for toddlers and tykes. But it still took me a while to get past my inhibitions.

I think y'all are right, it's the getting started that's the issue. I know it's not a purge. I thought about that but everyday when I get home my first instinct is to put in the pigtails or take a baby bath and I can get into playing with bath toys without a single issue.

I can color, do puzzles an when I snuggle my bear I'm insta-little but the toys stop me. I just sit there and stare at them, maybe rearrange them a little. The little in me is screaming to play with them but for some reason I snap out of little mode and I don't know what to do.

I feel like once I get started I'll be okay an it will all be a blast again, that's how it works with the bath toys.......

I hate that I feel bad about being a little.... I hate that I feel bad for feeling bad.... I do love having this community though. Y'all make me feel not quite so alone.

Edit: I also want to add that I'm pretty good about not forcing it. Most of the time when I'm home I'm little but I understand that sometimes the adult needs play time too.

Yeah, you just gotta do it. Once you actually start, you'll never want to actually stop, at least in my experience.

I have the same problem sometimes, I usually just lock the door and try and let loose, throw on my fursuit and diaper topped off with a cute shirt and pacifier lanyard with matching pacifier. Once I am locked in, I just start playing slowly and eventually it picks up and I just go into total babyfur mode!

I've noticed that I don't really feel inhibited about playing with toys, but rather, I seem to have lost the zest for most of them. I just don't really obtain the same level of satisfaction from it as a child would. In other words, part of me grew up

It seems to me that you don't need to do anything at all. If you want to play with your toys, then play with them. If you feel weird, then don't. Forget who you think you should be, whether it's an adult or a child and just do what you want in your own privacy. Things will work themselves out.

Remember, Penny,how you were there for me??? I just wanted you to know you made a difference and offer you my support in return. I hope you feel better very soon!! I totally get it and we are all here for you!! XOXOXO