Thread: Warm milk from a sippy cup

Default Warm milk from a sippy cup

Recently, I made the purchase to buy a toddler's sippy cup with a flow inhibitor attached. I wanted to save it for when I get my Bellissimos, which will hopefully get here by tomorrow, but I wanted to try something out. Before I went to bed, I heated up some milk to room temperature and poured it into the cup. With my makeshift crib still set up, I brought the cup up with me to bed, got myself well padded and laid myself down. I began playing a bedtime lullaby loop on my iPad then propped myself against the wall to sit myself up and drink from my sippy cup.

I was loving every minute of it. Not only was the music so sweet and loving that it made me feel like a baby, but slowly suckling warm milk from a sippy cup was the icing on the cake. The milk had begun to make me drowsy, but I kept on drinking. When I was finished, I felt so drowsy that I just, popped my pacifier into my mouth, set aside the sippy cup and laid down to let the lullabies drift me to sleep.

It is one of the few times where I have felt truly little, and I could not believe it. I felt so happy, so helpless and so innocent when I was drinking. I might have to try it again, cuz despite being very drowsy I didn't get the goodnight sleep I hoped I'd get. Nonetheless, I found that drinking warm milk while laying down in my makeshift crib was not only helpful, but so enjoyable.

I can't stand lukewarm milk, but I do drink some strawberry milk an hour or so before bed to help this little one drift off to dreamland. (I also lace it with just a little bit of Irish Cream. Littles shouldn't be ingesting anything that's 35 proof, but too bad. Somtimes I like having one foot in grown up land, while the other resides in kiddie town.)

It's hard not to feel little when downing a cup of PINK milk. LOL

Oooh, that sounds nice. That would go especially well with my sippy cup considering is a nice soft pink colour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sippycup.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	22413

Just today I drank from it again, this time putting Banana Nesquik into some cold milk. Another thing I like about my sippy cup is that the flow inhibitor really makes it feel like you don't want more than what's inside the cup. I can usually drink 500ml within a short space of time and be satisfied, but my 250ml cup can feel so filling after I've drunk every last drop of milk inside.

Strawberry milk is awesome enough, and is multiplied tenfold when drank from a bottle or a sippy cup. I do definitely want to try warm milk eventually; your experience sounds heavenly.

And I can second the filling feeling. Milk from a bottle fills me up more than the same amount from a cup; and sometimes I'll fill my bottle again simply because drinking from it is so delectable.

I haven't been able to drink milk from my bottle yet. I really need to soon. Chocolate milk for me though.