View Poll Results: What's your stance on Buzzfeed?

14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little or no interest in anything they post

5 35.71%
  • Like a few of the lists/articles, but mostly I'm not keen

4 28.57%
  • Enjoy some Buzzfeed posts, but it's a very mixed bag

3 21.43%
  • Find the majority of Buzzfeed content fun or interesting, but not every bit

2 14.29%
  • Interested in virtually everything they post

0 0%

Thread: Buzzfeed - Yay or Nay?

Default Buzzfeed - Yay or Nay?

In the last year or two, Buzzfeed has become an absolute behemoth of the online world, and I regularly see Buzzfeed lists and articles shared, discussed and liked on Facebook and Twitter, and even sometimes mentioned or cited in more typically serious publications.

So, how do you feel about Buzzfeed? I went with the 'Find the majority of Buzzfeed content fun or interesting...' option.

I find some of the lists a bit obscure (they had one about 'things you know if you're a teenage goth from Birmingham') and drag on a bit repetitively. However, some of lists are pretty funny, or just plain nostalgic for us '90s kids, and their attempts at serious investigative pieces which have appeared during the past few months are mostly pretty damn good.

I voted for mixed bag. The articles certainly employ a lot of click bait in the share system, but I recognize that they are a smart business for doing that and I can't say I've never been entertained by them.

I had to do a search for "Buzzfeed" to find out what it was! There's not much I found interesting, although a couple of magazine articles were vaguely interesting/entertaining.

I've read/watched very few things from buzzfeed. I'm gonna assume that if it regularly had new things that I would be interested in, I would have already started visiting it often.

Buzzfeed is terrible. I don't watch/read anything from them unless someone links it to me or I want to see how bad it is. There was a video about why the Doctor should be a woman made recently.
    so bad

On the topic of Buzzfeed, this is absolutely adorable. Not their artwork, but I probably wouldn't have discovered this Tumblr when I got up today otherwise...So heartwarming.

I like BuzzFeed a lot. All of their videos are jammed with fascinating facts. Plus I can really appreciate a lot of messages their Yellow channel puts across about gender equality (: